Empire > New Hope > Jedi

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Eldo wrote:But I seriously didn't watch the entirety of episode 2. I watched it twice, on DVD and on TV, and it was terribly boring.
Wow...

Just...

Wow...
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Episode 2 was like the worst punishment ever. Seriously don't know how people could watch it.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Eldo wrote:Episode 2 was like the worst punishment ever. Seriously don't know how people could watch it.
I'm sorry to say this Eldo, but you suck.

You suck real hard.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Good lord, did you like Episode 2...?

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Eldo wrote:Good lord, did you like Episode 2...?
Episode II is awesome.

Bits and pieces won't do it buddy, just leech the damn thing or something and watch it already.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I can't force myself to rent it or leech it. I found it incredibly boring, and the eye candy didn't work for me. I feel asleep twice in both sittings. I thought Episode 3 redeemed it, but not by much. It still sucked.

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Wait, Episode II?

Episode II is a piece of shit.

For some reason I thought you were talking about Jedi.

I haven't seen Episode II either, just bits and pieces.

I really need to get some sleep.

*blasts off*
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

You thought I meant Empire?

Hahahahaha!

You n00b. I got the feeling you thought I was talking about Empire. You n00b. Hahahah.

Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

LOL
nice banter.
=)
calvin
Flexing spam muscles

Post by calvin »

i wish they hadn't labelled the first three as Episodes 1, 2, and 3. for most people thats all they know them as, while 4-6, almost everyone knows them by their real titles. i think they fucked up when they decided to go for the numbers.

i'm also curious what ep. 1-3 would have been if he had made them from the start, before 4-6. there's this whole aspect in them that, knowing what happens at the end of the series, makes them not worth watching. you know it has to go to a certain point in the story and it seems like Lucas didn't try to throw in anything new to shake you a little bit. It's like "this is the story and i'm not going to stray at all." you know what will happen, it's just a matter of seeing it.

Empire > New Hope~Jedi
it's been too long since i've seen them
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I feel like I need to watch my original trilogy DVD box set now.

The original trilogy is just so much more aesthetically pleasing it's insane. They had real goddamn sets.

Revenge of the Sith is pretty much the ugliest piece of shit I've ever seen.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

OH come on now who knew what happened to Vader Back in the day huh who??? Thats right no one unless you read the old comics or looked it up (which i did :twisted: ) Episode 3 showed you what happened!!! Now yes all the CG is way overboard but that is what the times have done to the movie business, you cant even watch a love story now days without something being CG'ed :evil: Any way I still give Episode 3 the thumbs up it deserves for fight choreography and story :D so put that in your pipe and smoke it!
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

my left nut > george lucas

seriously... look at the old trilogy, Lucas only directed New Hope. in all truth, Lucas is a shitty director. He doesnt make good movies at all.

Dont even say Indian Jones, cuz Steve Spielberg directed that series, not George shitty Lucas.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I am pretty sure George Lucas wrote the story for star wars in that respect he is good, putting it together is another story altogether. May be that is the problem he made the last three ep for him self, where the first three where for his fans.
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

what adds to the shitty acting in the latest episodes is that stupid green screen. If they did use real sets, I think it may have been easier for the actors to act to their max potential

Empire>Jedi>New Hope

Jedi wouldve been the best if it werent for the ewoks.

Old,
III>I>II
III didnt have much cheesy romantic dialogue, fights were good, acting...the usual
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

raziel wrote:what adds to the shitty acting in the latest episodes is that stupid green screen. If they did use real sets, I think it may have been easier for the actors to act to their max potential
It's all part of good acting.

Bob Hoskins did an amazing job in Who Framed Roger Rabbit under the same circumstances.
calvin
Flexing spam muscles

Post by calvin »

raziel wrote:Jedi wouldve been the best if it werent for the ewoks.
hey! ewoks kick ass
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

calvin wrote:
raziel wrote:Jedi wouldve been the best if it werent for the ewoks.
hey! ewoks kick ass
Wookies kick more...
calvin
Flexing spam muscles

Post by calvin »

my dog looks like an ewok
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I would like to see that :shock: :P
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Messatsu
This is my new home

Post by Messatsu »

looks more like chewee
calvin
Flexing spam muscles

Post by calvin »

i'll have to take a new pic. my mom always trys to keep her hair really short but she hasn't trimmed it recently so she's started to look like one.
she's a mutt from another mutt and a toy poodle. i'm heading home tomorrow. try to remember the camera.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

empire>jedi>hope

i really like the dark atmosphere in empire strikes back. in the end, the rebellion is hanging by a thread and it jus gives a thrilling reaction to the audience. next is jedi cuz the battles were epic and the movie itself jus gives a lasting memory. plus leia shows some skin :thumbsup: :smoken: :holycrap: still love a new hope even tho i put it 3rd in my preference

ep 2> ep 3> ep 1

truthfully, i thought all three of the movies were crap. good for entertainment purposes once in a while, but they overall sucked. episode 1 was the worst cuz it was a freakin kids movie. gungans, droids, new races of creatures. though they successfully were trying to show off their advancement in graphics, the whole thing jus looked like a cartoon, it was an embarrassment.

episode 3 i put middle because it didnt suck as much as episode 1, but it also didnt live up to the hype that it received. i expected this to be lucas' redemption to his previous 2 shitty movies, but it was a letdown. i mean in the trailer mcgregor is yellin "you were supposed to be the chosen one!" and i thought it sounded cool and it would be a memorable quote of the movie, but when hes actually saying it, hes saying it to an anakin that is on fire and has no legs. i mean, you're yelling to practically a fuckin cripple! and darth vader going "NOOOOOO" has to be the worst moment in cinema history.

episode 2 i actually liked most because it had more story. lucas also tried to put the same chemistry he put with han and leia in the original trilogy. it was good seeing the movie go in a slower pace compared to episode 1, but it also bored the hell outta me. and what the hell was up with R2D2 flying??

anyway, thas my input :D