::GANTZ::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

kasgarinn
Found the Edit button

Post by kasgarinn »

I'm liking what's happening, the elbow shot was completely hilarious and so sad at the same time, I love kurono as the fucking idiot, love to hate him that is, and I like the inner struggle he's having.

I think it's interesting how easily the girl trusts her feeling and goes after kurono, and I wonder how far she is willing to go to explore why she feels that way when faced with kuronos rebuttals.

I'm hoping she gives up, she should give up, he's nothing but a fucking loser and she should avoid him, but who listens to reason when you're in love? him, a sad-ass loser with attitude, her, a repressed naive and stupid little girl who considers herself worthless.

...it might just work in the end. A pretty lovestory, let's see when gantz enters it and fucks it up :D

K.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Kurono isnt a jack ass normaly atleast not after he fell in love with Tae and become a man people in GANTZ could respect and like.

I wonder why Koruno is struggling against his memory so much,there must be a reason he isnt wondering why he felt so much for her picture.

Maybe he thinks she is better without him and the world he live in that is if he remembers GANTZ.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

as refreshing as i find all of this my questions remain unanswered.
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Heh you are not the only.

Which questions? There are so many that is unanswered.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

There is only one question:

What is Gantz?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

That is a big one but there are many others i will know about before it.

I wonder if GANTZ is an alien creature/species that are for some reason protecting earth.
kasgarinn
Found the Edit button

Post by kasgarinn »

You'd do well to ignore the plotholes of 'why is there gantz' and the others like why are there aliens and why are there vampires.. Mainly because they are just a structure for the characters to evolve in and even though they are 'a' carrot to lure the reader onwards, structure is rarely if ever explained, and if explained lose their own rigidity and fall on itself, especially with stories where the structure has no real basis in reality.

Of course, you'd do well to ask the more philosophical questions like, why haven't we seen tons of nekked bitches losing themselves within symbolisms of human misery, or how much cock could a cocksucker suck if a cocksucker could suck cock?

Elementary to some, but I digress. The character development is consistent, the interactions are real, and them breasts, oh the breasts.. More breasts for everybody!

K.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

This thread is SO dead...

But you gantz fans gotta read this! Im totally confused...
Gantz is going a different way..

http://datorrents.com/download.asp?id=8 ... ip.torrent
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Funny you resuscitate it, cause I was going to do it myself. Reason why, Gantz was turning dumb for some time now, but this plot direction might actually go somewhere and not be your usual braindead Gantz. It has potential at least.
Now the only good thing about Gantz was the weekly rythm, even empty chapters could be OK since you'll have more the next week, but now it's a bi-weekly rhytm! I mean this guy is no Miura, he can't do shit like this. Now this manga is messy AND slower than before (see, it's possible). Is Gantz that popular for the author to be allowed to do that?
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Well this is the first story development after 200 chapters... It's a dramatic change. I don't consider this step good, and not bad either. We'll have to see into what it turns out. But I really liked the brainless action Gantz, with some mystery and enigma like mood.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Still there's only a certain amount you can tolerate in term of mystery and enigma. In Gantz case, it's almost pretty clear that the author has no idea what the hell Gantz can be, which was OK at 1st, but now it's getting irritating. TenTen is the same. It's still candy for the eyes, but it's not worth investing in the books, which is supposed to be the point.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I have been waiting for this finaly the clash of the Kurano's.

The vamp mystery can finaly be known. What they want? Why they are hunting GANTZ people?

Are they cleaning up for the aliens who promised them something?
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

I may be wrong, but I thougth that all the vampire were some kind of Aliens. Vampire are what they are because of some nanomachines right? I thougth the Aliens where like that too, except the nanomachine effect doesn't show the same way, so vampires are just a subclass. Is that plausible or did I miss some explanation?
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

What are "Onions" in Gantz?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

What are you talking about?

Albator:

The Vamps can be aliens but Akira is Kurano's brother so he cant be an alien.

Maybe they are just normal vamps who bitten Akira and now he is one of them.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

After all, that's how Gantz classify the target to wipe out, as 'Aliens'. He could be referring to any organisms that got infected by the nanochines, then vampires just being one kind. I mean the original vampire could have been infected by the nanomachine, then that doesn't makes him an alien with your definition.
It doesn't matter really. But I understand now that the mangaka never clarified that, probably never will. Oh well I can live with that, just throw some nekked chixxxz in the mix and all will be fine.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

I am talking about this:

Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

This was probably translated from french or a french person, cause it basically means: "None of your business". Onions is just a lazy translation.

I almost forgot...HAHAHA!
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Albator wrote:This was probably translated from french or a french person, cause it basically means: "None of your business". Onions is just a lazy translation.

I almost forgot...HAHAHA!
I pretty much made a fool outta myself... :oops:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Albator whats so funny?
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

What do you think? Is the stupid translation funny, or is it global warming?
Bob Hasbro
imanewbie

Post by Bob Hasbro »

Jsut to confirm, it is a mistranslation from French. The French expression "Ce n'est pas de tes onions." directly translated into English is "It's none of your onions.", but what the expression really means is "It's none of your buisness." :wink:
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Well as I said. And you spell it "oignon", just for the record.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Somebody from the gantz team is in BIG trouble (read the new chapter),

btw this thread can be updated now ... no offence towards the mods, you know I love ya
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

This thread should be updated but only the modhand can do that in this forum section. THey should just remove the chapter number.

And they should, because Gantz looks like it's going somewhere. Problem is, whatever the author pull out of his (sick) ass now will be dumb. Gantz is probably the only manga that makes me feel that the author has no idea where it is going, I can be blind as well too. He got some deathgame going as an excuse to draw tits and blood, and he figured over time he could try to make sense out of it. It sucks because the starting idea was great and the art was cool too. He'll have to do something awesome now for me to buy his stuff. I don't have my hopes too high though.
*put Gantz purchase on hold*