The Hawks berserk forum loves Evil Genius

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

The Hawks berserk forum loves Evil Genius

Post by psi29a »

Looks like we have been getting some loving from the hawks. Feel free to look around there. They have Volumes 4 - 26 in a torrent if you guys are interested. Though I highly encourage you buy 1-9 via DarkHorse.
Mormegil
Supreme Commander

Re: Berserk Prototype
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 09:56:32 AM »

Yeah, I'm double posting and bringing back an extremely old topic, but I figured you guys would like to read the Berserk prototype.

Berserk prototype

Thanks, Evil Genius.

Just wait until you see Guts. Grin He even has a horse! Shocked
See, even on other boards we are appreciated, just wanted to pass on the loving to you all. Keep up the great work!
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Well can´t say that im surprised Psi :)
I mean, who wouldnt appreciate the work that EG does?
Well maybe if your an idiot :twisted:

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Love coming from the Hawks is a bit unexpected, or maybe it's just the people who wait for the Hawk releases exclusively that have something against EG?
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

It's mostly the Hawks fanboys who complain and bitch about EG. Which gives us the wrong assumption and image that the Hawks themselves dislikes us.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, that's cool stuff. I got Berserk volumes 3 - 26 from those guys, so I don't have anything against them. It's nice to see that some scantalation groups can live in harmony, without being jealous of one another. ;)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I dont have anything but respect for Hawks cause without them i wouldnt read the first 26 vols of Berserk.

But i cant believe there are Hawks fanboys that wait for them instead of reading EG, i dunno what i would without Berserk for 6 months.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Ruuppa
Mastered PM

Post by Ruuppa »

Aww... And I would have wanted to see a group war in par of the P-A Vs. Squidi rivalry.

Jokes aside, fanboys are the ones who escalated that, and that's why I say this: Fear The Fanboy.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Libaax wrote:But i cant believe there are Hawks fanboys that wait for them instead of reading EG, i dunno what i would without Berserk for 6 months.
Their loss. I thought we were doing them a favour, spreading Berserk love through chapters. I just don't see their need to complain. I guess some fanboys who ignore logic are stupid like that.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

1. People can be crazy
2. People can be crazy when confronted with logic
3. People can still manage to be crazy even when a team of scientists with special turbo-charted electric… well you get the point. People can be crazy…
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

psi29a wrote:1. People can be crazy
2. People can be crazy when confronted with logic
3. People can still manage to be crazy even when a team of scientists with special turbo-charted electric… well you get the point. People can be crazy…
Watamaniuk's theories...great stuff.

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

The first forum I ever posted at was the hawks. I was such a n00b. Im not surprised the flamed me into quiting.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
inkthinker
Found the Edit button

Post by inkthinker »

It's thanks to the Hawks that I began reading Berserk, and it's thanks to the team here at EG that I can keep up with the current releases.

If... if they didn't like each other... it'd be like having my parents fighting.

Mommy? Please... no more yelling. No Daddy, not the hammer, no...!

:wink:

I agree that the Prologue release was one of the cooler things I've seen from any group, something that's often not done by publishers and really is a treat for fans of the series. And given the high quality of the Hawks releases it does say something nice about the same for EG.

But we already knew that.
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

Im newb, could someone please fill me in on this The Hawks/EG fued thing!? It would be appreciated!!
Ruuppa
Mastered PM

Post by Ruuppa »

Hawks and EG feud thing fact: THERE IS NO FEUD.

Well, maybe some friendly rivalry, but that's a good thing.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Ruuppa wrote:Hawks and EG feud thing fact: THERE IS NO FEUD.

Well, maybe some friendly rivalry, but that's a good thing.
I know some Hawk fanboys dislike EG, but there is no hostility from our side.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

the main problem is that there are three groups that translate berserk. Hawks does per volume, SK.Net does per chapter but only releases text based translation, and EG who releases translated manga. Each has their own reasons for doing what they do, they just prefer the way they do things and won't change.

For us, we translate chapter releases. SK.Net kinda deserves to hate on us a bit because we used their translations. We have our own translaters now, and we haven't heard from them since.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

psi29a wrote:We have our own translaters now, and we haven't heard from them since.
Thank God for that. Their translations were so damn choppy, and too direct! I mean, maybe the one translating didn't speak English naturally. If so, that's okay. Otherwise, take a damn grammar class! Mystic has made my job so much easier; I'm grateful. ;)
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

Eldo wrote:It's mostly the Hawks fanboys who complain and bitch about EG. Which gives us the wrong assumption and image that the Hawks themselves dislikes us.
That's pretty much it. Some people hated Orochimaru's early edits also and thought that the quality of our releases would continue to be crappy. Nevertheless, he got better eventually but people started that talk of 'project stealing' which doesn't make sense to me. It's not like we robbed them or anything we're just doing the same thing.

Other than that, we don't hate the Hawks at all and I actually enjoy a lot of their projects especially Jiraishin.
EG needs some help. Please feel free to contact us if you want to become a part of the staff.