Ch 265

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Honestly i cant seeing her getting stronger. Stronger as a person yeah but not stronger in a way that she can be of help if its a crisis.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
damdam
imanewbie

Post by damdam »

I do think Farneze will become a powerful witch in the future. She's only using Shierke's power for now but remember she's still at the beginning of her training. Consider also the inevitable "power-ups" they will get at elfhelm.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Your forgetting that Schierke told Farnese in the beginning that she will never be as powerful as her cause she´s started to train witchcraft at her age, so shes too old basically

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
damdam
imanewbie

Post by damdam »

I see what you mean but we all know Shierke is modest : she considers herself as a beginner and still, she's capable of flooding an entire village 0_o
What if the max power of Farneze could be this "beginner" power? So my point is : while Shierke becomes awfuly strong, Farneze can become "just" very strong. However, I know it's speculation so we'll have to wait and see...
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I dont care about her becoming a strong witch, one witch is more than i can take already....
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Your forgetting that Schierke told Farnese in the beginning that she will never be as powerful as her cause she´s started to train witchcraft at her age, so shes too old basically
But don't forget that Schierke also said that this problem would be mitigated by all the "supernatural" events that Farnese had already experienced travelling with Guts.

Admittedly, I'm not entirely convinced that their party needs another witch either, and I tend to doubt that she'll ever be really useful, but she could continue to develope to the point where she became at least a little bit useful.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Can't teach an old bitch new tricks ... :lol:
(pun intended) 8)
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

:thumb: :smoken:
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

you guys make it sound as if some of the people aren't really needed. everyone there is vital to guts' success. shierke saves guts when he goes insane as well as backs him up with her magic. farnese is the only person that can take care of casca and whom casca really trusts, she also know some magic and even took down some enemies with her thorns (which are no different than serpico of ishidoro's magic weapons), serpico can protect the party and kill shit loads of people, ishidoro can kill some people and is getting more experienced every day. he is like a mini-guts. the elves also cure guts of his drastic wounds. so dont act as if anyone isnt important. guts did stop his journy just to retrieve farnese. and the party could always use another which. overkill is good in Berserk, just look at his sword. im sure he doesnt need ALL of that badassity but it helps ;).

but yea if its a crisis her only job is to make sure that casca doesnt wonder around, which i think is still important and that she is more capable now that earlier
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Wow, good post Felony, I'm surprised. ;)
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Hey, I didn't touch Puck. Just Farnie... ^_^
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Dont even compare old Puck to someone like Farnese!

Puck is the only character beside Guts i would mourn if he/she died.

I care mosty about he and Guts the rest is okay i could live without them.
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

Puck is simply the funniest thing I ever read on a manga. And believe me, I did read many funny things...

Some people say he's too clown now, but I like it ... he's just too funny as a jedi master to Ishidoro...and when Casca is on the inn and she's using him as a spoon...his face, man, there was tears of laughter in my eyes...
xeno
imanewbie

Post by xeno »

Perhaps Farnese relation to fire will be important on her way becoming a witch. May be she won't get the same power in all ways of magic like Shierke but a powerful "fire-witch" will be useful in the future especially against Grunbelt.

I think even Caska in her state of mind is useful to the group because she "motivates" the coward Farnese to fight. She helps a lot with the development of Guts and Farnese.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Was Farnese fire? I was thinking more Earth for her cuz of those thorns. But i could be wrong, I'm kind of sick and my mind is in a daze. But yea, Guts, Puck, and Griffith are the only ones I would mourn if they died. Griffith just because I like his attitude towards his dream. But I still hate him cuz Guts hates him. ^_^
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Was Farnese fire? I was thinking more Earth for her cuz of those thorns. But i could be wrong, I'm kind of sick and my mind is in a daze. But yea, Guts, Puck, and Griffith are the only ones I would mourn if they died. Griffith just because I like his attitude towards his dream. But I still hate him cuz Guts hates him. ^_^
When we first meet Farnese she spends all her time fantasizing about fire, and has apparently done so since she was very young. That's what was meant. And frankly, I rather like Griffith, but even if I didn't I'd been extremely sad if he died, because it would mean the manga was almost over. It doesn't get much sadder then that!!!!!!
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I don't think witches in Berserk have strictly any elemental restriction, I think they learn a wide range of spells without being restricted to one element. It seems that her ring is but one of the many things she'll get. I found it a bit weird how Schierke carried it along all the time but didn't even use it once.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

I was just meaning elemental in the sense that Serpico was wind, Monkey was fire, and blah blah blah. And I wasn't thinking that the fire from Farnie's youth meant she would tend towards that side in the magics, I just thought it was insight on how fucked up she was inside...besides she was probably too young to masturbate like she does now. :wink:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I bet Schierke didn't use the ring before because she had stronger magics at her disposal.
xeno
imanewbie

Post by xeno »

I didn't meant that she will be restricted to the fire element but she may be able to control it faster or better than other elements or spells since she is attracted to fire this much.
Sorry if it wasn't explained clearly :?

I never saw the bag with the ring before so she may have made it shortly before just to give it to Farnese in order to move her to stay within the group. Something to strengthen her desire to advance in magic skills ( You are talking about the thorny snakelike things, don't you ?).

(hope it was more clearly this time :cry: )
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

It seems that her ring is but one of the many things she'll get. I found it a bit weird how Schierke carried it along all the time but didn't even use it once.
My impression was tat Schierke created it for Farnese after the events on the beach when she decided that they needed a way to deal with physical, as well as magical, threats.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

yea, all the characters got magical weapons so why should she get stuck with a silver dagger lol
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

When your dealing with something like the idea of god and the fate that exists in this story world everyone is important. Think back on what you've read. Think how very very important even someone like the little kid who wanted to be a knight for the band of the hawk was towards griffiths motivation and realization of his choices...

Everyone is with him for a reason. Even though he somewhat acts outside of fates boundries it seems like its constantly trying to pull Gutts back into fates control.
kasgarinn
Found the Edit button

Post by kasgarinn »

I don't think that she'll be any better at fire per se..

But previously fire was a symbol of a power which held back the darkness, the shadows, and the evil which lurks inside them, and her fear of the darkness magnified fire as a warding symbol and a cleansing one as well.

Now she is building her own pyre of flame within herself out of magic to stave off the darkness, so I not too sure that she'll have any special affinity for fire..

So it depends on how she looks at it.

K.
donny
imanewbie

Post by donny »

Well she was atracted to flame while she was younger and "lost", when she didn't have anyone and she liked to play with fire, to destroy things, things that don't want to play with her... now she is geting to be more stable (in a mental sence), and maybe her pyro addiction is gone now... maybe she'll end up as a totaly oposite char like water? although maybe Kentaro will make her a fire one because of her history anyway... who knows...