Ch 263

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

now this has become interesting...
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

lol yeah too bad I have nothing to put my pic online. I dont know if Loeviz is serious, but I dont mind since I shave my beard like once a year and it really changes my image in a bad or good way im not sure.
Anyone else want to bet something or have an idea of something good we could bet on?

Imagine Guts with a beard... :?
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

A beard wouldn't fit well. Maybe he would look wiser but it's best like it is at the moment. It's good with his blank badassness. ;)

Btw. what if that old guy that seems to be very weak/ill/dying is the next apostle, we've seen that many times.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

If he is a spy i wont shave my beard for a year !
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Hmm, dont know how serious I was.
Let me think on it for a little time.
Well that man seems to old to become an apostle. Does he even seem to have anyone dear to him that he can use as sacrifice?
Well maybe a daughter..

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Meh, doesn't really matter to me. If he is a spy, then I'll retract my statement though. ;)
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

I'll dye my hair if the pope isn't an apostle or spy of some-sort. The color is up to me though
:wink:
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Well thats no fun :P :evil: :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

I was thinking...what if Roderick is a guy like the one I said, the one that loved the prostitute, in that arc where Griffith is reborn? Just a cool, funny guy who's in love with Farneze and would do anything for her? He's maybe trying to impress her.

So, in the near future, she'll find hard not to marry him, for staying with Guts. That can bring some stressfull situations, like she'll be weighting (don't know if this is right) if is good to be with Guts. Who knows...

Oh, and if he's a spy, I'll grow a goatee. Of course, I already got one...so...
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

No he´s a spy. You´ll see in due time :twisted:
But lets say he wasnt, then maybe perhaps he ends up marrying Farnese, right after Guts has killed her brother. Cause it turned out that pansy was the spy. And Farnese cant really forgive Guts for cleaving her brother in half right infront off her.

|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

hmm I guess it's due to the times that everyone sees spied and terrorists everywhere. Not only for whom should those dumb nobles spy but for what? I mean it's not like they really knew about guts party and even if they did I don't know what the kushan or whoever would want from them. I mean who knows about them out there and who knows their strength or even how to use them?
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Im talking about who gave the Kushans the info about all the "Top dogs" meeting of course.
Dont think anyone was meaning that Guts and his party was the target.
But if he is the one that gave the info, he is a spy. And thus he will try to do something foolish and try to get rid off Guts

akari
Found the Edit button

Post by akari »

I think that Roderick knows about Guts past (he recognized him), and he wants something from him (but what is it - it's yet to reveal). And he can't be spy. He looks like a guy who plays only for himself.

..........!!
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Maybe he wants a piece off Guts ass :kekeke:

No but seriously I dont think he recognized Guts.
How would he be able too, I doubt hes ever seen him before, he was probably out on the sea playing "Sink the pirate ship" with his father when Guts was the Commander off the hawks

akari
Found the Edit button

Post by akari »

He called him general.

And IMHO when you heard about Hawks Riding Party Captain and you see Guts it's possible to figure that one out

..........!!
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

Such a big gathering of nobles should be easy to be found out by intelligence or scouts like the bakiraka. Therefore there shouldn't be a need for a mole inside. Even if the kushan or a third party were up to gain profit with rodericks help (like marriage and therefore huge family fortune) I would believe roderick would double cross 'em, especially if they send beasty creatures to where he is spying.
Seeing someone fully armored any noble would assume that he is some high ranking soldier (I mean the low ranks don't have that kind of equipement, like full black armor), therefore I don't believe roderick knows Guts.

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

the important thing, for me at least, isnt whether or not he is a spy. thats just a dumb debate, especially the way its going. only reason why I suggested/supported it, is because its one of many likely outcomes. What i am sure of is that he is going to cause problems later on somehow. If you look at his facial expression and mainly eyes, he has that weird crazy look at times. muira definitely wouldnt have done that if he wasnt either in it for himself, crazy, a spy, or just going to be an antagonist is some form. as for the general comment, i assumed he called him that because he assumed, from farnese's look, that guts was the man in charge and she was going with him, so he might as well cooperate/follow him. i figured it was the best word for translation.
Last edited by MrFelony on Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

I already mentioned it would be easy to get info of such a big event.
akari wrote:He called him general.
You know many others called him a Knight (which is also a noble or soldier of higher rank in general).
It doesn't mean anything.

And I don't know how much time has passed but I think Roderick is way too young to know about what Guts did in the war.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

heh i wouldnt have edited if i knew you were posting :D. its only been about 4 years since the downfall of the hawks, so he would know about them. that and he is probably at least late 20's or 30's
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

What you mean he is too young he is older than Gutts cause Guts is 22,23 if the timeline thingy was right.

If he knows about Guts past he must pretty confident in his skils or man power to try something on Guts crew.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
raider
imanewbie

Post by raider »

It looks like guts is not too happy after his conversation with Owen. The man in perveiw of chapter 264 is actually the pope.
Jn183
imanewbie

Post by Jn183 »

Rod might end up being Guts's financial supporter for maybe the war vs Griffth.
akari
Found the Edit button

Post by akari »

With that general thing - I just got the impression that something's not right. Just take a look at that page - before he said it, he made a strange expression.

And it was the first time someone called Gats that way, wasn't it?

But it's just an assumption...

..........!!
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

Roderick was trying to get along with him, and called him general because he was fighting all creatures, and the rest of the group were following him (fighting the others), like a group. So, the leader might be called General.

It's like when you're with friends doing something that required group cooperation and you take the lead. So, you go "You there, do this..." and the person answers "Yes, Sir!". Not exactly a really meaning :)
exhumethecorpse
imanewbie

Post by exhumethecorpse »

I call people captain but they do not hold that title. But I also believe Roderick meant it with a little bit of insincerity.