how much physical activity do you all get?

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

its a sign that you're gettin results xD
Ellen
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Ellen »

It's a sign that you're over exerting. :P
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

You're supposed to involve in physical activity with an empty stomach or at least 2-3 hours after your last meal. I've never heard of such an algorithm before:

1. Physical activity
2. If you throw up: Stop, you're done for the day and you'll see the results soon
Else: Return to Step 1

:lol:
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Necromancer wrote:I'm glad I'm a man with strong will power and don't give up that easily.
-_- Throwing up is not giving up. It's pushing your body to the limit.
RedEyes wrote:You're supposed to involve in physical activity with an empty stomach or at least 2-3 hours after your last meal. I've never heard of such an algorithm before:

1. Physical activity
2. If you throw up: Stop, you're done for the day and you'll see the results soon

I threw up water... so I guess my stomach was pretty empty of food.

Has anyone every worn weight around your ankles or wrists. I wore 20lb weights today on my ankles and wrists for most of the day today. I went From weighing 190 to weighing 270lbs. I just took them off and it feels like I can run 30 mph or jump 8ft in the air... but i can't.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

That giving up thing was for eldo and doz with their walking. ;)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

DarkenRahlX wrote:
Necromancer wrote:I'm glad I'm a man with strong will power and don't give up that easily.
-_- Throwing up is not giving up. It's pushing your body to the limit.
RedEyes wrote:You're supposed to involve in physical activity with an empty stomach or at least 2-3 hours after your last meal. I've never heard of such an algorithm before:

1. Physical activity

I threw up water... so I guess my stomach was pretty empty of food.

Has anyone every worn weight around your ankles or wrists. I wore 20lb weights today on my ankles and wrists for most of the day today. I went From weighing 190 to weighing 270lbs. I just took them off and it feels like I can run 30 mph or jump 8ft in the air... but i can't.
For tennis, i had to have quick feet, so i wore 10 lb ankle wraps for like 4 hours of practice every other day when i was really preparing for the season. I warmed wp with them on too, so that once i get into the game, my feet would feel soo much lighter. For an at home thing, wear ankle wraps and do jump rope for 5 minutes. Best thing you can ever do. People under estimate the power of jump rope...
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Well after having weighed 270lbs for most of the day, now I see why some fat people don't move around so much.
Ellen
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Ellen »

DarkenRahlX wrote:Well after having weighed 270lbs for most of the day, now I see why some fat people don't move around so much.
Yeah, but their weight is dstributed evenly at most of the core areas where it's stronger and more able to take the weight.

Ankles and wrists weren't really made to carry tons of weight and the extra torque necessary to lift the weights means it requires a lot stronger upper muscles (ie. quads and tris)
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Yeah I know that it's distrbuted...but the evenly part... I don't know about that.
Ellen
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Ellen »

Yah. The body is smart. That's why the big ass stomachs. It's teh centre of gravity and where most of the stability muscles are, so there is less force required to keep the motions going.

It's really too bad that my body is smart though :P
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Some people have all their fat go to their ass, legs or boobs sometimes. Depends on you genes.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Damn, Darken and Half. You guys are putting some serious harm to your body. Im pretty sure you're not supposed to wear ankle weights for more than an hour. Or it could be damaging.

On anther note. One of my coaches who is ridiculously built has this like workout suit that is weighted and has a parachute coming out the back. I guess it works after looking at him. I once saw his whole setup in eastbay for like 200 bucks i think.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

It's not like I was running all day or anything.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Buzkashi wrote:Damn, Darken and Half. You guys are putting some serious harm to your body. Im pretty sure you're not supposed to wear ankle weights for more than an hour. Or it could be damaging.

On anther note. One of my coaches who is ridiculously built has this like workout suit that is weighted and has a parachute coming out the back. I guess it works after looking at him. I once saw his whole setup in eastbay for like 200 bucks i think.
never knew it could be damging. well my working out has gone to all time low... since june till now, barely done anything. Being lazy is truly the way humans were NOT meant to live.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I mean doing it just a couple of times shouldnt be to bad. But doing it on a consistant basis for prolonged times will harm you alot later on in life.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Ellen
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Ellen »

Yeah, the continuous stress on your joints and tendons is bad. :(
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

well im pledging to a frat so surely ill get some real good physical activity, ill be built afterwards, no matter how many limbs i have left
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I just walked home from work, which is like 8 miles. My damn car is at the mechanic.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Every day surprise training chances. :)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Shade
This is my new home

Post by Shade »

As of late I have altered my routine from doin nothing to as follows:
- 5 sets of 10 (25kg)
- 50 sit ups
- 50 pushups
- 2km run

Need to feel that precious health again.. and just get fit in general. I'm hungover and seedy too much lately
~http://www.thecenternetwork.com/forum/~
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

nice routine
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hmm, this is a funny thread. Well, here's my fitness plan:

Jerk off 10x/day while I can't do endurance fucking

swing a sword around for three hours once or twice per week

Go running once or twice a week (4-8km)

do push-ups and some weights irregularly, because I still AM a slob.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Brainpiercing wrote:Hmm, this is a funny thread. Well, here's my fitness plan:

Jerk off 10x/day while I can't do endurance fucking

swing a sword around for three hours once or twice per week

Go running once or twice a week (4-8km)

do push-ups and some weights irregularly, because I still AM a slob.
at least you're doing something.

as for me, im still undergoing therapy on this damn right arm of mine. I can just barely lift my arm above my head. But when it comes around to November, it will be hopefuly good as new and thats when my whole lift routine is gonna come into place.

As of right now i just run about 1.5 miles easy stuff, but its taking me waaaaaaaaaaaay to long to run it, meaning im way out of shape lol.

most might not know it, but push ups can give you some decent results. All you need to do is do like 200 a day. Might seem alot, but its not all at once. When you wake up, do 20x2. have your own personal time during the day, do 20x2. Lunch time, do 20x2. When you get home 20x2. Before you go to sleep, 20x2.

spreading it out like that is simple and your upper body will enjoy it.

*other times to do pushups ore sit ups
-during comericals, nobody wants to watch it, so get down on the floor and do something!
-when your playing video games. Everytime you couple something do some pushups (this is thinking you are good at games, if you suck then do someting when you die)
-When you're on this forum browsing to see who replied to your post, so some push ups then!

This is pretty much for the non work outers that want to try and start up on something.

OK so this wont get you that awsomely ripped body, but its something that can help you break the ice.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

That is a really good thing to do actually. Back in wrestling they always encouraged you to do 25 pushups everytime you enter a new room when your home. I never did them, but it was still a good thing to do.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

so doss what fraternity? would be funny if you were a sigma pi as well hehe.

and btw i just broke my fastest mile....5 minutes and 20 secs ^.^