Berserk Game

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

And just who do you think I am?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Your, Your psi? Or are you *music plays in backround DUN DUN DUN*
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Ishi-dono
Mastered PM

Post by Ishi-dono »

Well... A programmer.... :?
Choose your own destiny, no matter the cost.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

I'm Batman.
Ishi-dono
Mastered PM

Post by Ishi-dono »

I thought you were Cthulhu (whoever that is).
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

psi29a wrote:I'm Batman.

Well you might be batman but im rubber and your glue and whatever you says bounces off of me and sticks to you.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Ishi-dono
Mastered PM

Post by Ishi-dono »

Is Buz a poet? No...

Rapper? No...

Random? Yes... :D
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I think thats the nice word for him.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

*Laughs* I finally got 100% on the game today. I had taken a break for a while, but I finally came back and finished it off. After you beat the game, you can replay all of the levels, and literally kill ALL of the demons or monsters in all of the stages. All of the places are crawling though, so it takes a lot of work. Anyway, I finally did it today, and managed to unlock the last weapon. In total there are 11 weapons you can unlock. Some of them are lame, but some are pretty cool. Anyway, the last weapon you get for clearing all stages is puck's Blood Needle! Yeah, except it's a Gatts' sized one. Anyway, I just thought this was pretty funny, so I thought I'd mention it. *Shrugs*
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

I like my dreamcast, no modding necessary to play import games, so "Sword of the Berserk" was pretty decent. I enjoyed many hours just mindlessly swinging the dragonslayer.

I've modded my ps2 with one of those 12-wire jobs and can personally claim that it was a bitch. The landings are so small that you have to be 1) sober and 2) really carefull not let the solder spill over onto your other leads. I'm waiting for a affirmative yay or nay on the English release before I buy the import. I'm patient, so I'll be able to play it eventually.

Come to think of it, every console I've owned I've modified in one way or the other. :P Installed a faster ATAPI CD-ROM device so the psx would load faster. (psx was 2x speed, replaced with a 30x component) No commodity peice of hardware is safe from me. *evil grin*
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I envy you in a non homo sort of way.
Ishi-dono
Mastered PM

Post by Ishi-dono »

Psi = Tech God

Is soldering hard to learn? Welding is pretty easy, but the contact points for soldering all seem small.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Its not hard, you just need a good soldering iron and a steady hand.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

I agree with Gaiseric, steady hand is a must. First, one must sober up to the occasion. :D For a few dollars out at radio shack, provided you know what you are trying to fix... it isn't that difficult. Would also recommend a free standing lens to help with the small landings. The #1 problem I run into these days are those cheap ass electrolytic capacitor, they look like mini 'cans' on circuit boards.

Seems that there are a lot of 'em from Taiwan that leak, and black/brown crap will ooze out of them causing the hardware to heat up/reboot or worse catch fire. Thing is, they are 'bout 50 cents to replace from Radio Shack, and can save you $50 to (in my case) $350 for motherboard for my computer.

Once at work, we had a lab set up to test a bank of batteries and a not to bright intern hooked it up backwards... all the 'caps' exploded and shot holes in the ceiling.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Wow...
Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

those of you who can't understand japanese and have ps2 berserk game do you guys still get the story line? hope that game comes over to america in english one day :cry:
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I think it pretty much follows the manga, so if you read it then you already know the storyline. The demo I played was the part in the manga where Gatts and crew protect the church from all the trolls, and the small part of the game that I played was Gatts going through the forest to rescue the girls.
Exizil
notanewb

Post by Exizil »

I thought you were Cthulhu (whoever that is).
You know not of the elder god! http://www.cthulhu.org/cthulhu/index.html Consider thyne self educated.
Griffiss
imanewbie

Post by Griffiss »

You know not of the elder god! http://www.cthulhu.org/cthulhu/index.html Consider thyne self educated.
And if he starts spouting off about some guy named Raziel then just ignore him. He's a very confused god these days.
Deserve victory.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Griffiss: Cthulhu loathes you.

... goes back to sleep in R'lyeh.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

How good is this game in a scale in 1-10?

I wonder cause i love Berserk and if they game doesnt sucks i will chips my ps2 and import the game. Dont care about the story in the game since i have already read in the manga i just want to go berserk Guts style:D
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

10! All the way! Hell yeah baby!

I'd rate it that high even if I wasn't a Berserk fan. That's just my opinion though. I could go on and on about why this game is so good. Just be prepared to do a lot, and I do mean a lot, of hacking and slashing though. However, if that's not why you're buying this game, then what's the point. I mean, there's a different special attack for every enemy type! Okay, I should stop now...
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Well i did say was i looking for going Berserk Guts style so im ready for some hack n slash;)
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

Wish I could comment on the game, but alas, I have yet to get a hold of it...So I've only experienced it through an ample collection of trailers & other various clips at this point :cry:

Despite my misfortune, the soundtrack isn't terrible. Of course, in my (biased) opinion, the best tracks are the two versions of "Sigh" (Susumu Hirasawa of course), but overall it seems to fit the atmosphere of our favorite epic, pretty well ...
:)
"Your father sucks the flaking cocks of lepers in the lowest circle of HELL!!!"

..."Does he swallow?" ~Hellblazer

"Imagination is intelligence with an erection"~Victor Hugo

"Life is a disease...Sexually transmitted & fatal"~Neil Gaiman
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Of course its a hack & slash game, the whole manga basically is. Its fun. If you do mod your ps2 then you can play Naurto Ultimate Hero 2 too. That game alone is worth it.