Where is Berserk heading now?

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

SirPhobos
imanewbie

Post by SirPhobos »

Thinking back to Volume 13, when Griffith has his little chat with The Idea [G: Are you God?] whilst becoming Femto, I have a feeling that all the battles and subplots are merely the roads leadiing to some grand confrontation between Guts and The Idea.

I'm really not trying to read too much into the story, but remembering what Guts said to Lord Mozgus before dispatching him [If you meet God, tell him to just leave me alone!/go to hell!] -- somewhere along the line there'll most likely be some sort of standoff/battle with The Idea.

Granted, we've yet to see what twists lie in Elfhelm, and for that matter just what will happen between Guts, Caska, Hanafubuku King, etc. And somewhere that mysterious child Caska found wandering on the beach likely weaves into more of the nuances of the Kushan Dark Emperor's ultimate goals, etc.

I'm aware the above is rather vague, but if I had to decide on a direction, I'd say there should be more to hear from The Idea. That, and the Dark Emperor of the Kushan: I'd like to think more information will come from him when/if he is defeated, provided he's not utterly destroyed beforehand.
-The gods can not do for man what man must do for himself.
-Diamonds: That'll shut her up.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Sortep wrote:guts embodies what i like about the law... you can break it....

where i think the manga is going are two monumental forces building up guts/griffith and a showdown of some type... alot of major character casualties (for those who dont think some major character will die... hell muira killed off judea! and the rest of the hawks)... we may see another midland in chaos everything gets destroyed savior rising from the ashes deal
Except Puck i dont care if the other characters with Guts die not compared to the guys in the hawks. I mean Serpico is kewl and all that but we can live without him.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

I think we are going to see a clash much like the one that destroyed gaiseric's kingdom...but i think it'll be rickert who will be the only one to survive again :twisted:
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

As it is now I guess Rickert's chances or survival are pretty good, so much is true.

As to the rest.... well, I won't speculate, I'll be happy when Miura presents it on his own.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

whatever muira presents... the junkies like us will happily lap it up and pray for more.... as we do now for the next chapter
Bow to Golbez
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

I don't think there will be a fight between Guts and Idea.
Idea is nothing that can be [fix]fought[/fix], after all it is just an idea. I think Idea is something that would disappear if no more people believe in it.
Last edited by Necromancer on Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

Necromancer wrote: Idea is nothing that can be thought,
lol, oxymoron

but I hope Guts doesnt fight the Idea thing, because then it could turn into a big mind game type thing like him struggling to fight against accepting it or wutever. Although as necro said it probably wont happen because Guts is more of the physical guy...and the Idea isnt tangible

[edit]

Maye Guts can just kill everyone who believes in the Idea, and thats how he gets rid of it :twisted:
:wink:
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

knowing guts.... it is entirely possible especially if what casca wants is far more different than what guts wants with her
Bow to Golbez
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

What if Schierke, when the stories end, become a supreme Spell User, and simply seal the realm where the Idea lives? After all, Griffith was created by the Idea, so if he's killed, Idea is without...a goal.

It's impossible, IMHO, to Guts fight the Idea, but not a huge spell user. Maybe the elves do a huge ritual to clean the world's mind of fear, or anguish...

Just speculating, of course - ignore my thoughts :)

Cheers,

Khelegond
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Khelegond wrote:Just speculating, of course - ignore my thoughts :)
you dont have to tell me twice...let alone once :P
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

evilester_me wrote:
Necromancer wrote: Idea is nothing that can be thought,
lol, oxymoron
Uh fuck I meant "fought". *fixed it*
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Khelegond wrote:What if Schierke, when the stories end, become a supreme Spell User, and simply seal the realm where the Idea lives? After all, Griffith was created by the Idea, so if he's killed, Idea is without...a goal.

It's impossible, IMHO, to Guts fight the Idea, but not a huge spell user. Maybe the elves do a huge ritual to clean the world's mind of fear, or anguish...

Just speculating, of course - ignore my thoughts :)

Cheers,

Khelegond
All Gutts really cares about is getting Casca's state of mind back, and killing the Godhand.

You can't kill an Idea.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

you can if you kill all the people who think it...in this case the entire world...and it isnt just getting her mind back, but her in general. he has to choose her or his dream of killing griffith, two conflicting goals (pretty obvious but i stated it anyway :P).
inkthinker
Found the Edit button

Post by inkthinker »

How are the goals of restoring Casca and killing Griffith in conflict? I should think he can do both...
SilentSnake
imanewbie

Post by SilentSnake »

there was a point in showing gutts' feelings and his inner beast ("you want to kill her", "tear her apart" etc.).

caska's the cause of why gutts is not totally insane beast killing everything in his path, he can't kill griffith if he won't unleash all his rage becoming stronger and stronger so that he can kill the god hand someday and caska prevents that.

that's why he had thoughts like that (about killing her), he has to make a choice between revenge or his love, he can't have both (or at least I think so:P
)
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

thank you :D. its just like Griffith and Guts. In that scenario, gutts began to carry him to the end of his dream, but he began to distract him from his dream and it ruined him. in this, the idea of casca being raped carried guts through the initial phase of his dream, but now she has pretty much derailed him from that path. though he seems pretty locked into this dream, there are a number of ways for him to end up following a path of getting rid of the distractions much like griffith did...
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

MrFelony wrote:you can if you kill all the people who think it...in this case the entire world...
And that includes Guts himself, he has to commit suicide. Because when he tries to kill idea he knows it exists and thinks about it and that small thoughts give him power.

It's like in Freddy vs. Jason where they give all the children who know about Freddy drugs so they can't dream about him.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

either that or guts becomes a pot smoking rasta who doesn't remember anything but bob marley lyrics after killing everyone...

berserk is getting trickier and trickier to accurately predict... and muira knows the code of silence.....
Bow to Golbez
Joeki
notanewb

Post by Joeki »

Has any1 ever seen him ?
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

there are pics of him...im thinking its time to revive a couple of old threads...