Favorite Berserk Quotes

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Arresty wrote:Yeah, it was a pretty easy one. But it is by far my favorite part of the anime. The music during that seen was just perfect, as well as it was a major turning point in the Guts/Casca relationship. Also it is one of the first times you see Guts as actually being an intelliegent man as well as a great leader. That scene shows his analysis skills, as well as his ability of knowing what all his soldiers are like and having a relationship with them. In the manga, I am not sure if its the best part or not, there are many good spots in the manga, that aren't in the anime, also that is one example of using TV to express something better than it was on paper. The music and everything added alot of feeling to it. I love that scene. [/ramble]
I concur with ya once again Arresty.

I think that the anime did an amazing job capturing the feel for that scene and many others. Great music in the Berserk series as a whole. Most scenes matched quite well with the music.

I also thought that the Casca raped by Femto scene was done real well in the anime. It was not as graphic or detailed as the manga, but I thought it was done well to exclude the sound of Casca, gave the scene more impact I thought.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

dos.azn wrote:"fear me..
for a good future"
Gatts?

-----------------

That did what I meant it to do, but...
I can't say what I've been meaning to...
To you... I have something to say...
But... Are these my last words?

----------------

He resembles a picture we had hanging in the holy chambers... He gives off a feeling of beautiful gravity.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Artezul wrote: That did what I meant it to do, but...
I can't say what I've been meaning to...
To you... I have something to say...
But... Are these my last words?
That's easy, it's my boy Judeau!

OK:

"Both your forms, which differ from Man's, and your hearts, which were filled with hatred, fear and loneliness day after day as a result of being driven away. God needs them all."
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I agree with Arresty and Ayanami, I don't know where all the hatred towards the anime series comes from. I mean, sure, it had crappy animation, it had some stuff cut out from the manga and they toned down the violence, but some of the scenes were really well executed. Examples? When Guts kills Adonis, the whole Bonfire of Dreams scene and Judeau's death along with Femto's birth were really good pieces of storytelling acompanied by great music. The conquest of Doldrey had some great parts too, like when Griffith is giving his speech after luring Boscogn's men away from the castle or when Zodd throws his sword towards Guts.

Heck, if the anime were as bad as some people make it out to be, then I wouldn't be here right now. Sure, it falls within the whole "the book is better" category, but it's still awesome.

Back on topic:

"They left without eating me; that was the end of their luck!"
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Femto wrote:I agree with Arresty and Ayanami, I don't know where all the hatred towards the anime series comes from. I mean, sure, it had crappy animation, it had some stuff cut out from the manga and they toned down the violence, but some of the scenes were really well executed. Examples? When Guts kills Adonis, the whole Bonfire of Dreams scene and Judeau's death along with Femto's birth were really good pieces of storytelling acompanied by great music. The conquest of Doldrey had some great parts too, like when Griffith is giving his speech after luring Boscogn's men away from the castle or when Zodd throws his sword towards Guts.

Heck, if the anime were as bad as some people make it out to be, then I wouldn't be here right now. Sure, it falls within the whole "the book is better" category, but it's still awesome.

Back on topic:

I agree with you Femto, it's toned down, but I think it is excellent. It's the reason I got into Berserk. Period. One day I was chillin' with Ayanami and he says "Hey, you need to see more anime. Wanna see a kick ass anime?" And thus it began. As if I didn't love the story after seeing the anime, the cliffhanger ending of the series would have made me want to read the manga to get a sense of continuity.
ImageImage
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Artezul wrote:
dos.azn wrote:"fear me..
for a good future"
Gatts?

yeah he says it in godos cabin, meeting the first apostle since the eclipse
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Femto wrote:Back on topic:

I am going to assume Guts, but not sure.

Also I went back to watch the anime recently, and the animation is the worst. It is so bad at points, but all and all it is still a great anime series, one of the best in my opinoin, but for the most part the manga is way better. But its hard to top the berserk manga with anything.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

"My place ... Really was here. I was too foolish and Stubborn to notice But what I truly hoped for then was here. At that time.. Why do I always realize it when I've already lost it."
"Context is for Kings"
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Easy one. That was Guts when he got back with the band of the hawk after rescuing griffth. It was when all the raiders were telling him not to leave them behind that they would follow him anywhere.
Gatzz
Mastered PM

Post by Gatzz »

"The Life that seeks just to life another day... is Unacceptable!" -- Griffith
HolyWater
imanewbie

Post by HolyWater »

This is my favorite qoute from beserk.

"If fate is a principle beyond Human comprehension which capriciously torments man, then it is karma that man confront fate by embracing sorcery." - Void
Today is a good DAy to Die.......
Griffith

Post by Griffith »

"Even the horses are cut in hafl"
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

"The more you kill, the more you thirst. The more you thirst, the more you kill."

"Christ...saved by your strength...trying to take that seriously is....stupid."

"Godo. You did a really good job."

"Hey Guts, I caught a thief!"

"Hate is a place where a man who can't stand sadness goes."

"One who does something he hates just because he's told to is called an errand boy."

huh just searched for some more...I'd say it's easy to guess when and where it was said.
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

are any of them even ur favorites? seems like u jus posted a bunch of arbitrary ones *shrugs
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

Sorry for being a bit off topic, but I can't say say that that there is THE one quote I'd say is best. In every Volume there are some to remember... Can't help it. :-s
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

http://www.thespectrum.net/berserk_info ... nime.shtml

In case you guys didn't know, here are all the quotes (most of them anyway).
I like "When you meet your god, tell him to leave me alone". Have fun reading them :p
Concealed_Rage
imanewbie

Post by Concealed_Rage »

I have to say,

"DO NOT PRAY! If you pray, your hands will close together. You will not be able to fight!" - guts

is my favorite, because it holds some truth in real life too, people praying and begging for help and not standing up for themselves not doing what they have to do, waiting for a easy way out. there is only one person you can every really trust to help you, and that is yourself. also some good ones

"The stronger that any light shines...the darker the nearby shadows grow." - Raba

"Hatred should be exposed in order to clear it..." - Demon

"You can't live on hopes and dreams alone." - Caska

"If you desire one thing for so long, it's a given that you'll miss other things along the way. That's how it is... that's life." - Godo

We are all starring in a story with no ending in sight." - Narrator
"He appeared right in front of me, and he wasn't a demon... but what looked like a human. As if he'd been yanked from before into the present unchanged. I gazed at him and for a second... I forgot to kill him."
- Guts from Berserk
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

the pray one was a cool one too. you'd expect a person to say "if you pray, it won't do you any good" or "if you pray, your jus wasting time". however, gutts says "if you pray, you can't use your hands! then what will you defend yourself with?" gutts is so cool :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I like that one a lot too. ;)
YMJohn
imanewbie

Post by YMJohn »

"You son of a bitch! Don't preach your god bullshit in front of me!" Guts
BiQ
imanewbie

Post by BiQ »

"I also want a scar... on my body from you." - Casca

Yeah, it might not be some all-encompassing deep truth about humanity and universe, but the emotion (and panel where it's said and Casca's eyes in there) ... ZOMFG. This just got to be the most heart-melting AND hottest moment in any manga, like, ever. Amplified by the fact it's one of the very rare beautiful moments in the darkness-filled epic called Berserk.

Another good one is this (seemingly we don't need to fear picking already-chosen quotes here):
"Hate is a place where a man who can't stand sadness goes." - Godo
Sahlen
Found the Edit button

Post by Sahlen »

"In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendent entity or law. It is like the hand of god hovering above. At least it is true a man has no control, even over his own will"

That's not really a quote but it's my favorite!
Now guess where I it is from
(not really hard to answer if you've watched the anime XD)
Ashes To Ashes, Dust to Dust, Life is Short, So Party We Must!
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Sahlen wrote:"In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendent entity or law. It is like the hand of god hovering above. At least it is true a man has no control, even over his own will"

That's not really a quote but it's my favorite!
Now guess where I it is from
(not really hard to answer if you've watched the anime XD)
Easy, the intro of each episode with that creepy hand holding a behelit, right before "Tell Me Why". :P
ImageImage
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

"Both your forms, which differ from Man's, and your hearts, which were filled with hatred, fear and loneliness day after day as a result of being driven away. God needs them all."
Who the heck says this?! :shock: ?!

--------------------------------------

"Void is always preaching about things that you can not change. This too is still within the flows of casualty. This place is as good as any as to wield my sword." - Skull Knight
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Artezul wrote:
Who the heck says this?! :shock: ?!
Mozgus.
ImageImage