Gankutsuou

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

hehe, I probably won't watch it anyway, I can't stand those pascal colours. While the style shines originality, it hurts my eyes too much 8) .

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
mrJotaan
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by mrJotaan »

Try watching an episode or two, the colors are honestly not that bad. I mean it's not like it causes seizures or anything and you'll hardly notice it later on.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I guess I'll give it a shot. *Proceeds to hunt down ed2k link*

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

If you really feel that the colors are going to bother you, wear sunglasses while you watch :P.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

8) 8) 8)

Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

raziel wrote:ok, i was reading this thread and i was seeing alot of talk about alexandre dumas and the word count. So is it safe to assume that this anime is related to the Count of Monte Cristo? If so, then this is awesome news because I am reading the book and it is one of my favorite books. Looks like i have to start this anime then.
In a way yes
ImageImage
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

raziel wrote:ok, i was reading this thread and i was seeing alot of talk about alexandre dumas and the word count. So is it safe to assume that this anime is related to the Count of Monte Cristo? If so, then this is awesome news because I am reading the book and it is one of my favorite books. Looks like i have to start this anime then.
Its is my favorit books cause it was the first book i ever read.

Thats one of the reason im loving this anime,they make the book a lot cooler.
Dark_Zilo

Post by Dark_Zilo »

mrJotaan wrote:
Dark_Zilo wrote:that must suck
What must suck, being around French people? :P

Well that's good news for you then Raziel, the anime is based on the story of the Count of Monte Cristo and it's rather good.
listening french without the accent

the count of Monte Cristo is one fable that everyone enjoys because of the struggle (where did i saw this before?) of one man against the ones who did him bad
The most beautiful thing in life is life itself
Get bitten by me
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The books is so famous cause it was the first vengance story and it was a good one.
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

Yeah i probably will start it. Seriously, I think the count (according to the book) is one subtle badass. He is so damn manipulative and has so much patience with his plan for vengeance. I mean he has been planning this whole thing for almost a decade. He really is the best character from a book i've known. I really should start this anime, shame i have along list of shit to watch/read.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

raziel wrote:Yeah i probably will start it. Seriously, I think the count (according to the book) is one subtle badass. He is so damn manipulative and has so much patience with his plan for vengeance. I mean he has been planning this whole thing for almost a decade. He really is the best character from a book i've known. I really should start this anime, shame i have along list of shit to watch/read.
well...he was betrayed by his best friend....and then he married his fiancee...

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

raziel wrote:Yeah i probably will start it. Seriously, I think the count (according to the book) is one subtle badass. He is so damn manipulative and has so much patience with his plan for vengeance. I mean he has been planning this whole thing for almost a decade. He really is the best character from a book i've known. I really should start this anime, shame i have along list of shit to watch/read.
Then you will love this count cause he is so manipulative and he really takes his time with the vengance.
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

libaax:I'm guessing though that the count will still be unparalleled in the book compared to the anime (i havent watched it yet tho). I dont think it was the first vengeance story, think Hamlet.

eldo: not only that but he was also falsely accused and lost possession of the title Captain which he just recently acquired.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The count in the book is great but he isnt as mysterius as this count.

The only thing that annoys me is that Albert has bigger role than the count unlike the book.
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

Libaax wrote:The only thing that annoys me is that Albert has bigger role than the count unlike the book.
The reason for this is because I think they want to emphasize on the relationship between the Count and Albert.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

But why???

Speciely the last 2,3 eps has been almost count free and all about Albert and his lady.....
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

I'll tell you why in a pmsg on irc as to not ruin it for others.
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

I just read an interview with the creator and he said that the reason why they focus a lot on Albert is because the Count wants him dead but Albert is like what the Count used to be when he was younger. So I guess I was right, it's about the relationship between the Count and Albert but they said it's also from the perspective of Albert to make the Count more appealing, to make him out to be more than a dark hero.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Making the count more appealing like that is working.
Dark_Zilo

Post by Dark_Zilo »

i think they just want to set up a good ending
focusing on Albert and his problems makes one feel sympathy for him
also the count hasn't shown all his cards. he is seting Albert (Albert already thinks higher of the Count than his own father) to better carry out his vengeance
in the end it will be a shock that noone can live happily ever after after seing the stories of these characters develop (maybe the producers have something different installed for the ending)
The most beautiful thing in life is life itself
Get bitten by me
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Another great episode and another twist. I cant wait to see how things end in this show.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

How is the quality of kraze ?
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

I'd say it's pretty good.