Little known Berserk facts...

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, don't know Lovecraft either, so I couldn't say.

I'm guessing that avatar is from War of Genesis. I don't know that work either, but it looks very similar to the other pics I've seen from that. ;)
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Yes it's from War of Genesis III.

Well I'm sure you guys can find an H.P. Lovecraft short story somewhere online.

Well I read through this entire thread and found nothing about what i'm going to post:

The Count seen in volume 3 can also be seen during the attack of the injured Band of the Hawk's camp and during the Eclipse when he rips Pippen's corpse in half.

<correction>
I went back and read and found that someone mentioned him popping up during the eclipse. So i only added the Hawk's camp citing. Sorry for double posting. Feel free to kick my ass anytime.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Please don't double post. That's what the edit button is for. ;)
Last edited by DarkenRahlX on Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

DarkenRahlX wrote:Well I read through this entire thread and found nothing about what i'm going to post:

The Count seen in volume 3 can also be seen during the attack of the injured Band of the Hawk's camp and during the Eclipse when he rips Pippen's corpse in half.
Page 5 in this very thread. And double posting is a no-no. Mods do it because they abuse their powar...
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Willow is the shit. they even had little elves and everything too :) though they were actually pixies. and you should be like me and find the edit button. but make sure not to accidentally hit the quote button :lol:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I don't double post, thank you very much! Actually, if I want to bump the thread with a new post, and I was the last poster, I cut the text, delete the post, then paste the text in the new post, and add the extra text. Works like a charm. :P
Kêthêrîc
This is my new home

Post by Kêthêrîc »

Rakshas: In ancient Hindu myth, they are a classification of evil spirits who, on occasion, can sometimes also be friendly. They often battle the gods and are thought to hurt people at night. The Rakshas are led by Ravana, their king, and are the eternal enemies of Vishnu, one of the foremost divinities of the Hindu pantheon. The Rakshas are the descendants of Rishi Kashyapa, a sage and a seer. They usually appear in the shape of a dog or a bird with a fat body, or as a skeleton. Also known as Rakshasa sometimes i believe. :P
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Cool, thanks for the info. ;)
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Thanks bud. That's some good enlightenment. I was wondering what it was, but the curiousity wasn't enough for me to research about it :? Thanks for the info!

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

Wow good to know....would be pretty bizarre if there was a dog or fat bird below that cloth...he he
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

*Chuckles* Yeah, it would be.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Starnum wrote:I don't double post, thank you very much! Actually, if I want to bump the thread with a new post, and I was the last poster, I cut the text, delete the post, then paste the text in the new post, and add the extra text. Works like a charm. :P
That's a pretty good idea...
Kêthêrîc
This is my new home

Post by Kêthêrîc »

yeah, i just googled it.... makes me sound smart! In other myth Rakshashas usually appear with tiger like qualities instead of birds and whatnot. Also they are supposed to be gifted in the arts of magic.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Cheers to Ketheric for posting the details. It makes a good read. :wink:

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Post by InsaneNoodlyGuy »

Oh my god Gatzz, your right. And I loved Willow. Watched it a million times when I was younger. how did I miss this? You even have the reformed super bitch going against her family!
Meow! Meow! Meow! Cat chow!! Cease your flatulent winds and hear my mind numbing expulsions of wicked noise!! Grrr!! Cheese!!!
beerbottlejoe
imanewbie

Post by beerbottlejoe »

Hmm. This fact has probably been mentioned already...if so I apologize.

What's the story behind the branded girl that the Count beheaded at the witch trial in the second book? Who branded her? It couldn't have been the Count because he hadn't had the behelit for about 7 years and it's unlikely that any ordinary person could survive a few nights after being branded (assuming they weren't killed on the spot). So either there just happened to be an old elf-cave nearby and this woman happened to know enough about her situation to go shelter there, or there was another apostle very close by that Guts didn't kill. I wonder if this is something that might show up later in the story or if it's just an oversight. The count certainly looked interested...picking up her head and smashing it like that.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I don't think she was branded to begin with, but that Gatts somehow branded her or simply drew the brand in blood on her forehead (in a matter of seconds o_O;; ).
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

My thought was the same, Guts probably drew it with blood.
I think it's a matter of provocation and to see it as a challenge because it is the sign of the sacrifice.
Last edited by Necromancer on Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Didnt he press the forhead against his neck, because the brand on his neck was bleeding. *sigh* maybe im wrong.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

It's not really shown, but I suppose it's possible...

EDIT: I can't spell today.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Buzkashi wrote:Didnt he press the forhead against his neck, because the brand on his neck was bleeding. *sigh* maybe im wrong.
Thats what I thought happened.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

This is what happens;
1. Gatts picks up severed head.
2. Guards beat down the severed head's brother.
3. Guard tries to harass Gatts.
4. Gatts spits Guard in the face.
5. Gatts throws severed head to the slug apostle.
In fact, it leaves very little time for Gatts to do anything with the head...
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

another believer in that he pressed her severed head against his neck. Guts defies time. It is his bitch. that and a manga doesnt necessarily give time, so we cant be sure how much time passed during that whole occurrence.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, that’s weird. I wasn’t sure what you guys meant, b/c it had been so long since I read that part. I was pretty sure I knew where it was though, so I looked it up. Yeah, it’s in the first book by the way. It doesn’t really show how it got there though. It’s like it just appears out of nowhere, strange.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

mebbe the kentaro miura impersonators can help us

cough* buzkashi cough*