Gigantomakhia 1-7 (complete)

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Texanian
notanewb

Re: Gigantomakhia 1

Post by Texanian »

Impressive.I liked the plot and the site where the story takes place.Can't say anything about characters yet,but i'm sure it will be more to say when next Big chapter is released.
The author imagination still gives me little shiver.Miura and You guys did a great job,as usual .Thanx a lot!
"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Heh, it looks heavily inspired by Nausica of the Valley of the Wind. And the gladiator at the end looked reminds of the Human Cockroaches of Terraformars. But it looks like a fun ride so far with typical larger than live Miura perspectives and spliced cultures. I'm liking it more than I thought I would, here's hoping for more.

Also, that piledriver was awesome.
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

This is very impressive.

Thanks for translating this EG!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Thank you for this, EG. Downloading now.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well you can certainly tell that it was drawn by Miura. I'm not too fond of the main guy's character design though. Seems interesting enough so far. I'd much rather have six new chapters of Berserk than this, but we'll see how it goes.
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

Warlord of Mars, Miura version.

Great art, seems interesting. Phenomenal job EG. I mean that sincerely, EG is rivaled by few as far as HQ scans and translations go, almost a shame you are limited to Miura's dismal output.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Starnum wrote:Well you can certainly tell that it was drawn by Miura. I'm not too fond of the main guy's character design though.
I liked him, but I don't know what to think of how he acted at the end. Super nice, goofy guy who protects his friend at the beginning and then a stern, cold warrior taunting his opponent at the end. As for his physical design, he doesn't stand out much, but in the anime/manga world where pretty much everyone is a skinny highschooler who wears ridiculous attire, he's pretty original.

I liked this whole first chapter, I'm very optimistic about it. And thanks for the chapter, EG.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
somefatman
notanewb

Post by somefatman »

Thanks guys for another amazing job.

Gigantomakhia looks very promising, with an interesting setting. I'm still wondering how much story he will be able to accomplish in only 6 chapters but I'm looking forward to it none the less.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

War Machine wrote:
Starnum wrote:Well you can certainly tell that it was drawn by Miura. I'm not too fond of the main guy's character design though.
I liked him, but I don't know what to think of how he acted at the end. Super nice, goofy guy who protects his friend at the beginning and then a stern, cold warrior taunting his opponent at the end. As for his physical design, he doesn't stand out much, but in the anime/manga world where pretty much everyone is a skinny highschooler who wears ridiculous attire, he's pretty original.

I liked this whole first chapter, I'm very optimistic about it. And thanks for the chapter, EG.
I've no problem with his personality, just don't care much for his appearance, but it's not that bad. Maybe I'm just too used to typical anime character designs, because his bulky physique and round features look awkward to me, lol.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I think that expectation-defying awkwardness might be what Miura is going for. As has been pointed out, stealth-buff fat dudes, while not unheard of in manga, rarely have leading roles. If anything, Delos has a pretty good physique for wrestling/judo (hell, might even be able to branch out into sumo). But I don't know shit about martial arts.

Berserk also subverted/continues to subvert a lot of established tropes, but it's easy to forget that since it's become iconic enough to create a memetic footprint, if you will, of its own. I wonder if Gigantomakhia will proceed down a similar path, or play it straight.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

Sorry in advance for asking but......... isn't it about time for chapter 2?
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

It is. Good things come to those who wait.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

Only despair came to those who waited for berserk though lol.
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

wtf is berserk :D
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Re: Gigantomakhia 2

Post by DrPepperPro »

[Evil_Genius]Gigantomakhia_v01c002.rar

Gonna just keep one thread for this series.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Ok, I'm hooked. 2nd chapter was way stronger than the 1st at showing the characters, and I'm liking every bit.

I see LordMune and DrPepperPro are alone working overtime on this one. I really appreciate the effort, thanks a lot for the chapter.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

I liked the chapter.

But Miuras piss fetish kinda shows lol
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

That was interesting. Thank you for this, Eg.
Shino
imanewbie

Post by Shino »

Very cool! Thanks! Enjoying this thoroughly, though I will admit I will be ecstatic when we return to Berserk in (hopefully!) February.

It's truly a testament to how vital Muira is YA to have him able to do whatever he wants and it makes me happy. Maybe this will allow him to return to Berserk refreshed and with some influence on Elfhelm? That's my assumption. ^_^x
Lying never hurt anybody.
somefatman
notanewb

Post by somefatman »

Thanks for the LordMune and DrPepperPro for the hard work.
I really liked this chapter though I still have no clue where the actual plot of the story is going. Can't wait for the next chapter.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Re: Gigantomakhia 3

Post by DrPepperPro »

Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Sah-weet. 2 new chapters to read.

Thanks mucho.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Fast! Thanks, Eg.
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

Very nice to see something new from Miura. Thank you for your efforts EG!

I like the story so far. It was unusual to see (with all these Bleach, Naruto, etc. mangas) a character for whom the concept of society above an individual was incomprehensible. At this point, I'm actually pretty dissapointed that the whole series is only six chapters long, I'd really like to see more of this world. Hopefully Miura can wrap it up masterfully and give us more information.