Berserk Stupid theories

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

is this thread useful?

Yes
51%
No
15%
You should die Dark for reviving this shit
34%

Total votes: 248

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Right, but it doesn’t grant them anything except the power of their full potential.

Anyway, welcome Rei-san…I mean Ayanami-dono. :P

Actually, we did talk about Casca's race once long before. Truth is, nothing of her ethnicity is ever stated. I’ve always been of the belief that she may be part Kushan, but who knows.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Could Casca's family be immigrants who moved to Midland? That's possible...

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Well is her nipples pink? If they are shes probably white. Which means shes probably from Midland. And that shes just dark from being a soldier and working on a farm as a child.

Oh and I'm not a mean guy. Dont listen to those fools :P
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Post by InsaneNoodlyGuy »

Buzkashi wrote:
Oh and I'm not a mean guy. Dont listen to those fools :P
I'm insane, but I'm a stick figure and cute, so you have little choice but to love my and by my toys.

no Buzkashi, I think it's pretty safe to say Casca doesn't just have a tan. We've seen her body, she's dark all over. She's not pure Kushan, but the idea that she has some kushan blood in her makes the most sense.

The armor does grant you a little mroe then full potential, since you can also fight in situations where you wouldn't be able to move anymore (namely broken bones)

Skull knight, as I explained before, is Casca traveled back in time as a man.
Meow! Meow! Meow! Cat chow!! Cease your flatulent winds and hear my mind numbing expulsions of wicked noise!! Grrr!! Cheese!!!
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Interesting stuff on the Berserker armor, did shrike say that SK died cause of the armor? I don't remember, what volume would that be? Any who, yeah there is no real info on Caska's ethnicity, I just thought it may be a possibility because of that line in the anime.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Even though we don't have any 100% Concrete evidence to support that SK was the last wearer, and that he died, but I'm gonna agree with Eldo and go with what we can infer about it. It kinda makes sense. But I'm still gonna stick to my guns with the idea that SK and Flora could have been working together with the armor like Guts and Shierke are. And if that's not the case, I would like to know how and why SK and Flora are buddy buddy.

Ayanami, as far as I know, (and I just re-read a bunch of the manga about the armor) Sheirke was told by Flora that the last user of the armor died because the armor fused with too many wounds and he bled to death. That's all she knows about the armor's history.

Thanks for all the input guys. Agree or Disagree, I really enjoy having people to talk about Berserk with.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Well, I would have to agree with Eldo then that SK was indeed the last user and it killed him in the process. Question I have is if he died from the armor, what kind of being is he now, some etheral type of creature?? This has already been covered probably....sorry guys.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well, no one knows at this point how SK became the being he is. My theory is that his soul is transfused with the armour, kinda like Al from FMA. It seems that Flora knew SK before his 'transformation' to his state now, because Flora said as the apostles attacked her hut that 'just for one last time I want to see your smile'.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

stupid theory: the name of the series "berserk" has nothing to do with gutts at all, its about puck!
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Eldo wrote:Well, no one knows at this point how SK became the being he is. My theory is that his soul is transfused with the armour, kinda like Al from FMA. It seems that Flora knew SK before his 'transformation' to his state now, because Flora said as the apostles attacked her hut that 'just for one last time I want to see your smile'.
I believe Flora was talking about Scheirke when she said that. Mainly because she says it is a "Shy, smiling, face" Seems more like her apprentice than SK. SK doesn't seem to have a shyness problem :wink:
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Yeah, I guess we will just have to wait and see what Miura does for an answer to that. And yeah, SK is not too shy. :P
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Tempest wrote:I believe Flora was talking about Scheirke when she said that. Mainly because she says it is a "Shy, smiling, face" Seems more like her apprentice than SK. SK doesn't seem to have a shyness problem :wink:
Well, it's just that she was referring to 'old friend' and everything. I cannot remember what she said exactly, and what I stated was based on my memory. But, yeah, if SK is indeed who I think he is under the skull mask, he doesn't have shyness problem. :wink: Just in my memory, it sounded like she was referring to SK. I'm way too lazy to search through my archive of CDs to be sure.

dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

*GASP

ELDO YOU KEEP BERSERK ON CDS?!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!

*DOS HAS A HEART ATTACK
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

*walks over and tests Dos's pulse*

"oh yea hes dead, I hope your happy eldo"
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well, what can I say? That's one gook down. :P

Yeah, I have my scans on CD...that's because I'm outta free HD space.

If it makes you feel any better I own volumes 1-11 on hard copy. :P

Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I just put my Berserk on my HD. I got plenty o' space so it really wasn't a space problem before, I was just too lazy to do it, and didn't really find any need. But then I wanted to listen a CD while I was reading through some of Berserk. And it was done. Volumes 13-28. I organized a Manga folder on my comp and put the Tenjou Tengue I have on there too.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Eldo wrote:Well, what can I say? That's one gook down. :P

Yeah, I have my scans on CD...that's because I'm outta free HD space.

If it makes you feel any better I own volumes 1-11 on hard copy. :P
GEEZ HOW DARE YOU DISGRACE BERSERK! ALL OF MY VOLUMES AND CHAPTERS HAVE BEEN AND WILL BE ON MY HD ALWAYS! GEEZ MAN, JUS UNINSTALL A GAME OR SOMETHING! I UNINSTALLED DIABLO 2, THE MOST USEFUL CLEARING OF 2 GIGS EVER.

GAHHHHHH

*DOS HAS ANOTHER HEART ATTACK
Buzkashi wrote:"oh yea hes dead, I hope your happy eldo"
A MERE HEART ATTACK CANNOT KILL A GOOK
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I formated my hard drive recently, I have a 80gb HD and I thought it would never run out...... boy was I wrong. Now I have plenty of room for Berserk and what not. I got rid of Final Fantasy XI to make room for stuff before that.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

wow, i didn't know there was another brave folk out there trying to have an anime computer on 80 gigs! ayanami, i salute ya!
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Post by InsaneNoodlyGuy »

Eldo wrote:But, yeah, if SK is indeed who I think he is under the skull mask, he doesn't have shyness problem. :wink: Just in my memory, it sounded like she was referring to SK. I'm way too lazy to search through my archive of CDs to be sure.
I'm pretty sure she was. One, because I'm pretty sure she wasn't going to make a crack about Silke smiling when she was going to behold her masters burning corpse. And Skullknign does have what more or less is a helmet for a head, so he is, in a sense shy, never showing a "true" face.
Meow! Meow! Meow! Cat chow!! Cease your flatulent winds and hear my mind numbing expulsions of wicked noise!! Grrr!! Cheese!!!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

The hell? I have 80gigs. Its nothing special. But back in the day when i used to dl anime in bulk and it filled up pretty fast. *sigh* yea im off of anime though. Im more of a manga guy now.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Two words, DVD burner. I am working with 90 gigs, and have about 15 taken up by mp3s, so I just burn like crazy. But not manga, probably should, they take up alot of room.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

on my 80 gigs, the only games I have installed are Freelancer, Half-life and a bunch of mods, Warcraft III and Frozen Throne, and Star Wars KOTOR.

besides that and about 2.5 gigs of music, i have Bleach, Gundam Seed Destiny, Gungrave, Hellsing, Naruto, Yakitate Japan, Bleach Manga, Blame!, Biomega, Naruto Manga, FMA Manga, Gantz Manga, Berserk Manga, and BotI. and still 19 gigs left! now thas what you call a gook that knows how to settle with his meager 80 gigs yall!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Wait a second; you guys do realize that Skull Knight is in fact, a skeleton. That’s not a skull helm he’s wearing anymore, oh no, that’s his skull. Also, how could he be fused to the armor, when Gatts has it? You lost me a bit on that theory Eldo.

Now, I realize that the Berserker Armor can sustain one’s life and give them the ability to move when they shouldn’t be able to. However, that’s about it, and besides, that still falls within the description of allowing one to utilize the full power of their potential. There’s nothing holding the wearer back, including broken bones. Let’s just realize, that when Gatts suddenly becomes way faster and stronger, that’s his power alone. It’s just everything he has to offer, even if it’s lethal.

Oh yeah, and I keep my Berserk on my HD, and on CD! :P
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I believe when Eldo talked about SK fusing with armor he was talking about SK fusing to his current armor. It would make sense if it happens that SK was the last user and did die in the armor. It's plausible that Flora would fuse his energy into a set of armor, like his current armor.