New anime confirmed!!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: New anime confirmed!!

Post by War Machine »

There was a Trigun movie? Goddammmit... :evil:
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Yeah, it's called Trigun: Badlands Rumble or something like that and it's really good too!
Should be released on blu-ray and dvd soon (you can already download subbed versions of either quality).
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

legato wrote:I wouldn't count on a theatre release outside of Japan, although they COULD show it at some anime/comic convention like they did with the Trigun movie some time ago.
For the rest, it's like any other anime movie, we need to wait for the DVD/BR to be released and someone to rip it, translate et. Worst case scenario: it might take a year or so.
But if we're lucky the sequel will be released by then, that way we can have annual berserk movies.

And there is hoping for translated dvd/bluray releases ofc.
Well, they only did that because Trigun is more popular overseas so the west got special treatment. Dunno if that's the case with Berserk, which i doubt.
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Dunno, anything's possible...
I wouldn't count on it to happen though.
Also, I don't buy the July release, there haven't even been a trailer yet (except for those 15 second promos).
It WOULD be great though, but they need to come with some new info fast if they want to make it work.
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

I think a July release is very feasible. Berserk is hugely popular in Japan, it's not like they have much to worry about in the way of garnering interest.
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

They released the Gantz live-action movie in U.S. theaters as a one-night-only premiere event. I could conceivably see them doing the same thing with Berserk. One would hope that they'd do it subbed though (the Gantz movie was shown dubbed and the dub suuuuuuuucked).
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

I was thinking that too. The Gantz release was a little different though, it was an easier sell because it was live action and had wide appeal since it was essentially an action movie. I was surprised to see it in US theaters none the less though.

The dub was very bad, I agree. Did a subbed version ever get released? I thought the movie was ok for what it was (a pile of shit). I'd be interested in watching a subbed version.
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Downloaded dubbed version of Gantz by mistake, didn't watch more than a minute or two before turning it off, never watching it again.
Part 2 is in Japanese theatres now by the way, maybe they plan on releasing both on dvd soon...
For Berserk, I really hope for a July release, but I will need to see some evidence before I believe it to be true. Maybe the next berserk chapter will contain some info.

I will watch it either on the big screen or on dvd(rip), nothing in between.
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

I also saw it with Dubs, true, it was terrible heh...But it was good overal, I especially liked the special effects, those were always bad on japanese movies, I just didn't get why they were bad though...
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

brunoafh wrote:I was thinking that too. The Gantz release was a little different though, it was an easier sell because it was live action and had wide appeal since it was essentially an action movie. I was surprised to see it in US theaters none the less though.

The dub was very bad, I agree. Did a subbed version ever get released? I thought the movie was ok for what it was (a pile of shit). I'd be interested in watching a subbed version.
Apparently THE LIVE ACTION GANTZ MOVIE is coming out on DVD and Blu-Ray in the U.S. on October 3. Presumably those will include a subbed version.

Edit: Proper emphasis added. Apologies for any confusion. (-:
Last edited by hbi2k on Thu May 05, 2011 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

You had my hopes up untill I saw the content of the link....Thought it was Berserk.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Aluja wrote:You had my hopes up untill I saw the content of the link....Thought it was Berserk.
Seriously. You need to specify which "it" you're talking about in something like that, hbi2k. I was getting all excited.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I thought the quote made it clear that hbi was referring to Gantz.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

dialdfordesi wrote:I thought the quote made it clear that hbi was referring to Gantz.
Well it did...but I often read the regualar text before the quote in a normal thread. When the post is part of an ongoing and involved discussion it's different matter, of course.

Meh. Screw LOGIC.

The point is, it's ALL hbi2k's FAULT, Ok? Ok. :lol:
CCS
imanewbie

Post by CCS »

Well apparently the Berserk series did very well over here so I'd expect the same company to eventually bring over the movie.
MY ART (LOTS OF BERSERK FANART) http://ccs1989.deviantart.com
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

I could care less about the series... all I'm waiting for are the OUTTAKES!

On a serious note... I've realized that the Berserk series should be given a lot more credit than it does. Just for the fact that it doesn't use a female character with big boobs to draw its audience. Granted Slan does appear but rarely so far. What would you think if they took Caska, a NORMAL looking character, gave her Doulbe D's and made her into a ditz or slutty character?
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

lon3vvolf wrote:What would you think if they took Caska, a NORMAL looking character, gave her Doulbe D's and made her into a ditz or slutty character?
Well if they do that at least I won't have to worry about wasting my time and energy watching it.

Really though, that would be one of the worst possible alterations they could make.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

lon3vvolf wrote:What would you think if they took Caska, a NORMAL looking character, gave her Doulbe D's and made her into a ditz or slutty character?
LOL, don't be ridiculous. :P
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

NIZE
hadi
This is my new home

Post by hadi »

i can't seem to find the date of the premier of the new anime, anyone got that info?
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

hadi wrote:i can't seem to find the date of the premier of the new anime, anyone got that info?
The esimated date was sometime mid year for the first one... however, and this is just my opinion, with the earthquake that hit things may have been pushed back. The twitter page has been silent too :(

Luckily I'm rewatching/reading the series... for the 12442634642532 time.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

lon3vvolf wrote:
hadi wrote:i can't seem to find the date of the premier of the new anime, anyone got that info?
The esimated date was sometime mid year for the first one... however, and this is just my opinion, with the earthquake that hit things may have been pushed back. The twitter page has been silent too :(

Luckily I'm rewatching/reading the series... for the 12442634642532 time.
I don't know which is more impressive...that you've read this series more than 12 trillion times in less than 30 years, or that you kept track of the exact number of times you read it. :lol:
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

It's getting awful quiet... If this is going to happen before the end of August wouldn't there be some kind of campaign going on?
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

legato wrote:It's getting awful quiet... If this is going to happen before the end of August wouldn't there be some kind of campaign going on?
Knowing Miura? No. The twitter feed isn't saying anything and that's about the only place where you can get any news about the movie.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Man living under a rock is great gets rid of the months of hype I would have had.
"Context is for Kings"