New anime confirmed!!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

TheParagon
Mastered PM

Re: New anime confirmed!!

Post by TheParagon »

i seriously doubt they would wait a whole year just to promote manga. I can't wait for the anime to start airing :)

i hope they don't censur the anime (but i can see why if they do, especially the torture scene at Mozgus' place (the crazy apostle priest)

will evil-genius start subbing the anime berserk when they start airing? i really hope so, since you really have great translations, and dont compromise with quality
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

TheParagon wrote:i seriously doubt they would wait a whole year just to promote manga. I can't wait for the anime to start airing :)
Yeah I seriously doubt it as well. It's just a worst case scenerio, which is highly unlikely. The main concern is that the teasers are in 2.35:1 aspect ratio; cinemascope, anamorphic. So there's a chance that it might be a movie, but I'm really hoping it's a TV series, just with an amazing budget and production, lol.
TheParagon wrote:will evil-genius start subbing the anime berserk when they start airing? i really hope so, since you really have great translations, and dont compromise with quality
Mmmaybe. We'll see. *Makes the shifty eyes*
Azurian
imanewbie

Post by Azurian »

I haven't read every post in the thread, but are you sure it's not just commercials to promote vol 35?

If it really is a new anime, awesome.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Femto wrote:Also, I won't accept anything but the original voice actors.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuko_Miyamura
If wikipedia is right about her having Graves' disease, then Casca's voice actress might not be returning. For Guts and Griffith, I'm pretty sure they're still actively doing voice acting.
Azurian wrote:I haven't read every post in the thread, but are you sure it's not just commercials to promote vol 35?

If it really is a new anime, awesome.
The thing on v35 basically says "New anime project begins".
tsubaimomo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by tsubaimomo »

Caska's VA does have that disease, but as recently as 2009 she was voicing Asuka Langley in the Evangelion 2.0 movie, so that means she can probably play the part of Caska again, yay!
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhVxZaBl_pQ

Third trailer!!

wtf is up with heavy nudity censoring :D Its like Eve-post sin, not Caska :D
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

revealer wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhVxZaBl_pQ

Third trailer!!

wtf is up with heavy nudity censoring :D Its like Eve-post sin, not Caska :D
Also the scene with Zodd smashing soldiers had no blood in it... I'm still happy but worried a bit now. Afraid the censoring is going to take away from the awesomeness. The original anime had the benefit of being made when anime wasn't as popular and restrictions were more lax. Nowadays its harder for them to make it as graphic since it will be exposed to more people if its not. We shall see... :?
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

It's either because it's a commercial airing at a time when they don't want to show that stuff, or they may be toning down the tv airing as well. But the DVD release probably won't have censoring. That's what happened with Gantz at least.
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

DrPepperPro wrote:It's either because it's a commercial airing at a time when they don't want to show that stuff, or they may be toning down the tv airing as well. But the DVD release probably won't have censoring. That's what happened with Gantz at least.
lets hope thats the case
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

So..since I'm relatively new to the whole manga reading/anime watching thing, and since this is the first anime that is announced and that I'm anticipating to watch it.. I was wondering if you guys have more experience and give me an rough estimate on when could we see the first episodes of this, ie. how long does it usually take from announcing the anime to its ''debut'' on tv..

By rough estimate i mean something like is 2010 out of the question or could we see some episodes before 2011. ;)
bhaal
imanewbie

Post by bhaal »

Don't fear the darkness until you see what light can do.
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

I'm excited as much as you guys are, but I have my doubts about a few things, like studio 4C which is known for making short stuff, like movies and OVA's and lets face it, we want seasons! and seasons!! of Berserk..!
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

That's true.. but I wouldn't mind an 50-60ish minute OVA per volume either.. If frequency would be an OVA every two months it would take around 6 years to catch up to the current story (35th volume). And hopefully by than Miura will be nearing the end of the manga.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

The one concern Ihave is the music. The original soundtrack was pretty good, especially "Forces" and the harp track track that played at the end of the episodes. From the trailers it looks like the music will have a different feel to it.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

dialdfordesi wrote:The one concern Ihave is the music. The original soundtrack was pretty good, especially "Forces" and the harp track track that played at the end of the episodes. From the trailers it looks like the music will have a different feel to it.
Ya this is my major concern as well. I didn't really like Hellsing OVA's or Dragonball Kai because they screwed up the music so much.

Hirasawa's been busy the last year making 2 new albums (remakes of older songs), and he's just finished the second one, so perhaps they couldn't get him to do commercial music, but maybe he'll be able to do the music for the finished product.
Nildin
imanewbie

Post by Nildin »

I guess the third trailer shows the scene found in volume 6 page 197 :)

dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

DrPepperPro wrote: If wikipedia is right about her having Graves' disease, then Casca's voice actress might not be returning. For Guts and Griffith, I'm pretty sure they're still actively doing voice acting.

Graves disease isn't life threatening, it's a form of hyperthyroidism, so she should be able to voice act still.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

Nildin wrote:I guess the third trailer shows the scene found in volume 6 page 197 :)
Nice find, that's probably it.

Also, new trailer! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AhCmZ2bS5A

And, on this blog http://berserk2010.blogspot.com/ there is a translation of Gackt and a bit of explanation what could it mean.
This is the new speech from GACKT we got today and it pretty much means : "Right now, a new history is about to be engraved". That "new history" he is talking about probably refer to a new version of the Berserk story compared to the one we had in 1997. It could also be a new history that differs from them manga, but I doubt it and honestly don't want to even think about it.
Pretty much agree with what it said.
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

a fourth trailer? :o how many will there be?

its a shame though that there is no new material in it =/
thepeaguy
notanewb

Post by thepeaguy »

Joy to the God Hand, Berserk anime is back. Lalalalalalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I want it heavily based on the manga, please. Include the Count, Wyald, King rape, etc, and fuck the politically correct people.
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

According to the Young Animal website, there is one more trailer.

I do hope that the anime stays faithful to the manga but I was reading that the budget for this anime will be huge. They may need to tone the violence and rape down in order to cater to a larger audience and not go into the red if this is a high-budget show.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

dialdfordesi wrote:According to the Young Animal website, there is one more trailer.

I do hope that the anime stays faithful to the manga but I was reading that the budget for this anime will be huge. They may need to tone the violence and rape down in order to cater to a larger audience and not go into the red if this is a high-budget show.

when u say it like that, im not sure if im glad or not that its high budget :P
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

dialdfordesi wrote:According to the Young Animal website, there is one more trailer.

Quite probably true. Still, we can at least hope that since their biggest market will be the fans they won't want to tone it down too much for fear of annoying said fans.

We can hope.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

It's anime, so we can still expect a good amount of blood either way. Don't forget about this:

Mmmm, dismemberment. XD
Superboi
notanewb

Post by Superboi »

That "4th trailer" was probably slapped together by a fan or something using the previous 3 trailers.
http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/cm/index.html lists all the dates for when the new trailers will air, and as you can see there are only 3 right now.