Berserk 304 - Fissure

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

arke
Beware my tactical spam

Berserk 304 - Fissure

Post by arke »

SilentSnake
imanewbie

Re: Berserk 304 - Fissure

Post by SilentSnake »

This chapter appeared WAY sooner than I expected it, but...

This chapter ends WAY too soon as well :(

gieb more... *drools*

Thanks EG!
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

:shock: This chapter is far more jaw-dropping than the last one :D

Great thanks EG^^
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Thanks EG you rock as always...

As for the chapter I am not sure what to make of it... but it looks like it should go back to guts now... maybe... well I hope. :evil:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

Thanks EG for the awesome release!!

Now, I am confused (as usual). Did Skul Night cut Ganishka on purpose, or did Femto use Skull Night to strike Ganishka?
Dang, Femto is such a bad ass.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Thanks EG! This arc is crazy awesome. I have no idea whats going to happen next...

Perfect way to turn my day around. We got sprayed today. Shit was fun, but my face felt like it was going to melt.
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

Man, I should've KNOWN Miura was going somewhere with the whole Griffith / Ganishka fight beyond Griffith just laying the smackdown and then saying, "Look at me, I'm the White Hawk savior of Midland, everybody wuvs me now." My brain has now been right and properly bitchslapped for its lack of faith. (-:

So, whaddaya think? Is the world about to explode? That *is* how your typical mind-fuck manga tends to end, and Berserk is about the only manga I can think of that could pull that off now and have it actually make sense / be justified. (-:

By the way, EG, it occurs to me that I don't kiss your ass nearly often enough, so consider it well and thoroughly kissed, 'cause you guys rock.
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

This is awesome! Thanks EG, as always you guys deliver a steller product.

It's nice to see SK's "all-knowing" routine come back to bite him; Griffith is just so good at manipulating/predicting people. An all around wonderful chapter.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

I FUCKING KNEW IT! He IS fusing the worlds!

The ideal world and the physical world are going to be one and the same. Fairness, justice, kindness, cruelty, wickedness, good, evil, they will all be meaningless from now on. There will be only Griffith.
He will be perceived as the source of all, the one true reason behind humanity's existence. Or at least thats what everyone thats on the physical worlds is going to think.

My current state can only be described through that simple acronym we have all come to associate to intense emotional upheaval (That phrase came out spontaneously....hope it makes sense):

OMFG!!!!11!

EG......I will have your babies.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I'm not really sure what's going to happen now, but I can't wait to find out. I don't think the world is going to explode, not yet anyway. There's still too much that needs to happen first, it can't end yet. So Femto was waiting for SK to arrive, that guy is unbelievable, I knew he never let his guard down. He expected SK to arrive, and then he somehow managed to catch SK's space/time slash, and then he used it on Ganishka, that's badass!
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Still waiting to see what Rakshas will do with this knowledge. Is he going to come out soon and do stuff, or wait till later. Miura is so tricky.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I wouldn't be surprised if he had been there for the same reason as SK. If so, I bet that blew his plans out of the water. :P
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Direct Download now available in the same place as always:

http://berserk.kicks-ass.net/
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Nakadai
imanewbie

Post by Nakadai »

Nuts is all I can say. Thanks EG!
Infini-Tropolis.com
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Thanks for the release, EG!

I'm just wondering, this is the leaked copy, right?

Also, it looks like all normal people are going to exist in this new world as astral projections. This probably won't affect Guts and Caska since the brand kind of attunes them to the astral plane, but what about Schierke, Farnese, Isidoro, Roderick, and the wind guy (I always forget his name...)? Does the fact that they use spirits protect them from being present as just projections in this new world?
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

I am still not fully convinced that Femto was able to use Skull Night.
Most of us are led to this path, thinking that is exactly what happened, but what if Skull Night is making Femto believe so, while he had different motives to slice Ganishka, like a grand master plan to the destruction of the god hand? After all, can he not know ahead of events?
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

dialdfordesi wrote:Thanks for the release, EG!

I'm just wondering, this is the leaked copy, right?

Also, it looks like all normal people are going to exist in this new world as astral projections. This probably won't affect Guts and Caska since the brand kind of attunes them to the astral plane, but what about Schierke, Farnese, Isidoro, Roderick, and the wind guy (I always forget his name...)? Does the fact that they use spirits protect them from being present as just projections in this new world?

I don't think its gonna be like that. Its more like......the physical world is going to be exactly the same as the astral one. The entire world (or at least all that is under Femto's influence) will be like the Interstice.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

*is confused as fuck* Thanks for the release EG.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I wonder how *fast* this fusing of the worlds will be? Will it basically spread out almost instantly over the entire world, or will the effect be mostly localized at first, and only gradually spread out over the rest of the world as the two plains slowly mix.
I am still not fully convinced that Femto was able to use Skull Night.
Most of us are led to this path, thinking that is exactly what happened, but what if Skull Night is making Femto believe so, while he had different motives to slice Ganishka, like a grand master plan to the destruction of the god hand? After all, can he not know ahead of events?
Always possible, of course, but I tend to doubt it. However much SK may know about future events, I tend to think that the God's Hand know more (after all, the one who creates fate/destiny is on their side) and it's hard for me to imagine anyone out-plotting Griffith.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I have to agree with you there Istvan. SK has given me the impression in the past that unlike Gatts, he's still mostly bound by the flow of fate and causality. I think he was just trying to make a sneak attack on Femto during a moment when his attention would be the most diverted, but Femto still had his number, how sick is that? :P
badass ape
imanewbie

Post by badass ape »

I guess this chapter lends itself to a debate regarding how much of the future SK knows or can see.

Was he used by Griffith or did he feign falling into Griffith's trap?

What can SK gain by joining the two worlds? Already Griffith has a flesh and blood body which may be killed on the mortal plane (this would at least slow him down a great deal). SK even has a shot at Femto during the eclipses or otherworldly events and furthermore he is equipped with a weapon he believes can destroy the God Hand. He doesn't need more access to God Hand so why would he unleash hell on earth?

Lets assume for a second that there is some sort of prophesy depicting a warrior battling the God Hand. I don't believe God Hand is a force as benign as fate but rather pure demonic evil disguised by all this causality bullshit. Perhaps the world is experiencing a period of time where god is dead or sleeping or defeated or a combination of the three and there is some sort of prophesy depicting a savior ala the SK. Griffith makes reference to SK being "the one" who pursues the God Hand and fights them head on. The fact that Griffith seems to be anticipating SK's every move (Even while Zodd is in the dark) means there might be some kind of prophesy guiding the God Hand and SK. I think SK was just trying to strike down Femto along the lines of the prophesy but it was actually the wrong time and so SK was used to make the God Hand even more powerful.

In the eyes of the God Hand, Gutts is just a speck of dirt comically fighting against supernatural forces while SK actually has a designated role in the fate of the world. Personally, I think the roles are actually reversed and it is Gutts who will be the savior due to the fact that his brand was given to him at Griffith's transformation. By not dying he might be holding back some of Griffith's power as his sacrifice is as of yet incomplete. I think Gutts will start to look more and more like a skull knight as time goes on and he and group become more powerful.

I know this is a lot of guessing but that's just the vibe I'm getting off of everything. Feel free to shoot it down but don't flame me bro.
erikost
imanewbie

Post by erikost »

badass ape wrote: Feel free to shoot it down but don't flame me bro.
*takes out shotgun..* BAM!!1111oneone h3h3h3h3h3

Anyway, this chapter was kickass. I'm having a really hard time predicting what's going to happen next. Thanks EG!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

badass ape wrote:I guess this chapter lends itself to a debate regarding how much of the future SK knows or can see.

Was he used by Griffith or did he feign falling into Griffith's trap?

What can SK gain by joining the two worlds? Already Griffith has a flesh and blood body which may be killed on the mortal plane (this would at least slow him down a great deal). SK even has a shot at Femto during the eclipses or otherworldly events and furthermore he is equipped with a weapon he believes can destroy the God Hand. He doesn't need more access to God Hand so why would he unleash hell on earth?

Lets assume for a second that there is some sort of prophesy depicting a warrior battling the God Hand. I don't believe God Hand is a force as benign as fate but rather pure demonic evil disguised by all this causality bullshit. Perhaps the world is experiencing a period of time where god is dead or sleeping or defeated or a combination of the three and there is some sort of prophesy depicting a savior ala the SK. Griffith makes reference to SK being "the one" who pursues the God Hand and fights them head on. The fact that Griffith seems to be anticipating SK's every move (Even while Zodd is in the dark) means there might be some kind of prophesy guiding the God Hand and SK. I think SK was just trying to strike down Femto along the lines of the prophesy but it was actually the wrong time and so SK was used to make the God Hand even more powerful.

In the eyes of the God Hand, Gutts is just a speck of dirt comically fighting against supernatural forces while SK actually has a designated role in the fate of the world. Personally, I think the roles are actually reversed and it is Gutts who will be the savior due to the fact that his brand was given to him at Griffith's transformation. By not dying he might be holding back some of Griffith's power as his sacrifice is as of yet incomplete. I think Gutts will start to look more and more like a skull knight as time goes on and he and group become more powerful.

I know this is a lot of guessing but that's just the vibe I'm getting off of everything. Feel free to shoot it down but don't flame me bro.
Sorry, I have to disagree, for a number of reasons.

Point one. It seems fairly clear that there is no "God" of the Berserk world, except Idea (who was created by humans) and inasmuch as there is a "fate" in the world, it's created by Idea. So I really doubt there's any sort of destiny that will help SK (or Guts, or anyone) defeat the God's Hand.

Point two. I don't think Griffith meant SK was "The One," or anything like that with his line, but more along the lines of "You're that person who keeps attacking and trying to kill us God's Hand." Since the only other one even trying is Guts, and he's never managed an attack on the God's Hand, I don't think you need to find a deeper meaning in Griffith's comment here.

Point three. I think the sacrifices are just a means of transforming the individual (take a look at their souls transforming Griffith), so as long as there are enough of them to finish the transformation, it doesn't matter if any survive. The fact that Griffith is utterly indiferent to Guts' survival/existence would seem to support this.

Point four. I suppose Guts might end up looking like SK, but only if he follows the same path as SK. In other words, I'm pretty sure SK's appearence has to do with things he did to himself, not some sort of natural transformation Guts will inevitably undergo over time as well. The conversation between SK and Zodd in the forest would seem to bear this out.

It's an interesting theory, but I can't really see it.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

i was literally fucking speechless at the events, i sure as hell wasn´t expecting it, and it looks like Griffith just poured down the contents of the Astral World that Ganishka had swallowed to become this Tentacle Godzilla guy, which in turned is engulfing the world. When the "astral wave" reached the people down below, the effects on them looked exactly like when Schierke and Farnese were in their astral forms.

What does this mean for the world of Midland....i honestly don´t know...are the layers of existence merging? Will every paranormal creatures and entities now exist in the same reality of humans? If so, what then?

This doesn´t look exactly the start of the age of Darkness to me, i really don't know what will happen.

And here i though this was going to be just another fighting chapter, My God, i love this manga.

And i loved how Skullknight, immune to the flow of causality or not, ends up being predictable in his moves since all he wants to do is kill the God Hand. The simplicity of it....is fucking genius really.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Thanks EG, as always. IMO this looks a lot like that whole scene from Ghostbusters where that guy opens up their containment unit and all the ghosts spill forth. At least that's what I'm using to try to understand this chapter. I was mostly confused because I couldn't tell who was saying what. In the end I've come to believe that by opening up Ganishka Griffith has released all of the pent up spiritual energy and the crowd has become consumed by it. I don't think that it will be like the sands from POP where the people all become monsters, but more like all of the people exposed to this will be similar to a branded and will see both sides of the coin at the same time. Most will go crazy I expect. I don't know how far this will spread, but I doubt it will extend to Guts and Co.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil