Berserk 303 - Backlight

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Re: Berserk 303 - Backlight

Post by DrPepperPro »

Well he got out of the Qliphoth fine, going away from the source of... abyss-ness. And it's pretty clear he came using the sword in pages 17-19.

I'm inclined to think that Ganishka died when he closed his eyes. Probably he will revert to his human corpse (which should be pretty intact).

also, here's some crazy theories:

The cut is actually to bring Guts there. -me

The cut is to bring Femto in front of the citizens of Midland so they see his true self (possibly crippling/delaying his dream) -a friend named Fiej
absofflab
imanewbie

Post by absofflab »

First off: Thanks EG!

This was quite the interesting chapter, not least for the art. My only real fear at first was that Frank Miller had been guest writer and artist for this issue (I mean, the heavy, heavy use of solid blacks and the odd poses of the characters really reminded me of the "artwork" in Sin City at first blush - ridiculous overwrought Sin City-style dialogue and stereotypes would've surely followed). But once I'd settled into the artstyle, I found it to be damn fine, and to be really suited to the tone and type of story.

As for why Skull Knight would pick this very moment to appear, I'm going to guess that this could be Femto's most vulnerable moment possible. When SK attacked Void during the Eclipse, Void was on home turf and not especially distracted (which led to SK's attack backfiring). Here, Femto's in the human plane and is busy cowing what is arguably the most powerful Apostle in all existence (i.e., he's both preoccupied with a likely difficult taks and not in a place where his powers are at their peak). When better to attack a Godhand than at this juncture?
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

My god

I haven't been to the forums in awhile and finally two berserk chapters?! Took forever but it's finally here. Downloading it now, yes as I'm writing this, yes my internet is slow, and yes I'm grilling a sandwich that is now burning. Well enough about wasting time waiting on the chapters to download. I have a grilled cheese to fix.

Btw E.G. Thank you so much guys.
geroprog
imanewbie

Post by geroprog »

How could Ganishika not die, from the poison back then?
Is it bad translating?
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

geroprog wrote:How could Ganishika not die, from the poison back then?
Is it bad translating?
Blasphemy!!! Burn him at the stake!

Oh well it seems that whole chapter is full of contradicion or ....
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

I see no contradictions. Poison does not equal auto-kill.
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

So my "or" means his mother was an idiot. End of subject.
geroprog
imanewbie

Post by geroprog »

In the Franky House release, the mother kills Ganishikas little brother!
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

FH sucks at translating.In this chapter they make mistake more then once. Moreover Ganshika after murder attempt killed his brother, hence his mother commited suicide.
Last edited by Shiva on Thu May 14, 2009 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

geroprog wrote:In the Franky House release, the mother kills Ganishikas little brother!

And then kills herself out of guilt? Are you retarded or something?
This is Berserk, humans are bastards.
Last edited by Rolos on Fri May 15, 2009 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

As always, thanks a bunch for the release!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

geroprog wrote:How could Ganishika not die, from the poison back then?
Is it bad translating?
Bad translating by Frank House. DPPro is exactly right, just because Ganishka was poisoned, that doesn't mean he was guaranteed to die. His mother is a failure, just like Franky House and their shit scans. That's what you get for reading their crap. I have great respect for other groups that put out quality scantilations, but it's bad enough that Franky House puts out Berserk chapters when we've clearly been doing it longer and better. It's not even the mere fact that they release Berserk chapters that bothers me so much, but it's the way they butcher it, they deserve any shit they get. Maybe someone can explain this to me, but what's the fucking point of releasing shit scans? If you can release a good quality speed scan, then more power to you, but what's the point in rushing just to shit out a load of crap on everyone? It's disrespectful to the reader and the manga itself. Is there really so much fame to be garnered from working on a scantilation team? I don't think so. I know that's not why any of us do it. We just love the manga and we want to share it with everyone else, in the best quality possible, and it can be a lot of fun too. I just don't get why we need a million groups all releasing the same damn thing, or just half-assing everything so they can call themselves a scantilations group. </rant>
geroprog
imanewbie

Post by geroprog »

Ok.Ok.
I'm not retarded Rolos!
And simply, I just asked a question, because I read the Evil_Genius version first, and it was odd that Ganishika didn't die from the poison! I always read the Evil_Genius version, but someone said at the main page, that in the FH version it's different. So I gave it a shot.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Fair enough. I saw that comment as well and thought to bring it up. I wasn't trying to chew you out, just mentioning that when one reads their scans they should be wary of translation errors. I see no point in releasing scans if you can't get the trans right. Making a mistake is one thing, skimping through the job everytime is another. So just ranting about FH and the likes, sorry.
eldur
notanewb

Post by eldur »

Quality first, speed is secondary.

Its much like sex: when things go to fast is not that good. The one that ends first (FH) can think is good enough, but in fact its only bad fukin, not better than a solo in the bathroom.

P.D. I dont wanna hurt nobody with that example!! Remember: you can always go for the 2nd round!!!!
yupachups
notanewb

Post by yupachups »

Outstanding chapter !!!
The wait was for the 2 last chaps was finally gratifying.
i'm Here !!
yupachups
notanewb

Post by yupachups »

eldur wrote:Quality first, speed is secondary.

Its much like sex: when things go to fast is not that good. The one that ends first (FH) can think is good enough, but in fact its only bad fukin, not better than a solo in the bathroom.

P.D. I dont wanna hurt nobody with that example!! Remember: you can always go for the 2nd round!!!!
Sometimes fast sex can be intense and wild. 8)
i'm Here !!
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

I see.....you are one of those......premature-e guys.

My condolences.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
yupachups
notanewb

Post by yupachups »

:D
quality does not mean absolutely quantity.
So young and already mixes up performance with plaasure.

i'm just saying that there are many ways to reach the pleasure.
i'm Here !!
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Thanks guys. Great as always. Its fucking hard to get online over here. Im glad were getting such great art...

In other new got a laptop but no wifi so trying to configure my phone as a modem.

Theres a guy in my class who looks like Guts, I'm trying to train with him. Its only been 2 weeks but it feel like months. They can break my physically but mentally... NEVER!
bhaal
imanewbie

Post by bhaal »

Starnum wrote:Bad translating by Frank House. DPPro is exactly right, just because Ganishka was poisoned, that doesn't mean he was guaranteed to die. His mother is a failure, just like Franky House and their shit scans. That's what you get for reading their crap. I have great respect for other groups that put out quality scantilations, but it's bad enough that Franky House puts out Berserk chapters when we've clearly been doing it longer and better. It's not even the mere fact that they release Berserk chapters that bothers me so much, but it's the way they butcher it, they deserve any shit they get. Maybe someone can explain this to me, but what's the fucking point of releasing shit scans? If you can release a good quality speed scan, then more power to you, but what's the point in rushing just to shit out a load of crap on everyone? It's disrespectful to the reader and the manga itself. Is there really so much fame to be garnered from working on a scantilation team? I don't think so. I know that's not why any of us do it. We just love the manga and we want to share it with everyone else, in the best quality possible, and it can be a lot of fun too. I just don't get why we need a million groups all releasing the same damn thing, or just half-assing everything so they can call themselves a scantilations group. </rant>
maybe this can answer you question:
fh wrote:Help Support Franky House. Paypal Users SHOULD proceed to paypal via this link: The FH Donate Link. Everyone can also help out by downloading from the Megaupload D-Link above. Every little bit helps.
Money talk, and everyone listen.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Despicable. For the crap scans they put out, they don't deserve a dime.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

It´s a speed scan people, take a chill pill and stop feeling so fucking threatened for no good reason.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Deathbringer wrote:It´s a speed SCAM people, take a chill pill and stop feeling so fucking threatened for no good reason.
fixed.

So let me get this straight, theres other groups out there who do shitty translations/scans and try to get some money off of it? Gees, serves these damn EG bastards right... cuz you know, they're always asking for money for their hard work. :x
Its not like theres just a tiny paypal donate button near the bottom of the site[ which has nearly no ad space].

keep up the great job guys.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Deathbringer wrote:It´s a speed scan people, take a chill pill and stop feeling so fucking threatened for no good reason.
Are you perhaps suggesting that because we're giving them shit that we feel "threatened" by them? Who would be threatened by shoddy work such as that? What a ridiculous assumption. With crap scans like that, they're practically begging to be flamed. The only reason I even started talking about them in the first place is because someone else brought up their translation error in the new Berserk chapter, and apparently it was causing confusion amongst some of the readers. Honestly, when it comes to something like that then it is a little annoying, but truly though they are of no real concern. People should know to be careful of translation errors when reading their scans. I'll leave it at that. ;)