PS3 Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Re: PS3 Thread

Post by Aetherfukz »

Yeah coop makes ANY game twice the fun. I'm only 3 chapters till I finish the game though. But then the real fun starts, getting highscores in levels, upgrading all the weapons till unlimited ammo, and mercenary mode in coop.

Also, my Persona 4 will arrive in a few hours, yay.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

There's a rampant exploit in RE5 going on online where you can duplicate items. People have been duplicating rotten eggs (which sell for 2,000) to max out all their stuff. I'm guessing it's gonna get patched (it better).
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Played a few hours of Persona 4 yesterday, and it is awesome.

This is Teddie:

But can he fight? I don't think so. But what should I do to test him? Witness the awesome multiple choice dialog here:

I laughed so hard when this came up. Also nice, when my social link with Yosuke (whos name seems awefully close to my main characters name, Sousuke)
levelup up he learned this nice skill:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well I finished RE5 last night, great game. I haven't done any online co-op yet, but my wife and I played the game together and that was a lot of fun. Anyway, now that I've completed the game I'll be looking to try and get some online co-op going with you guys, so be on the lookout for that if you want to shoot some zombies with me. ;)
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Just finished making a level for littlebigplanet. If anyone has it please check it out. Its a minigame where you have to smack each other off the platform. Just grab the green dissolve material when you start and go from there. Its best played with all 4 people so you can smack the crap out of everyone. The name is Smackfest Deathmatch, or just look under my levels. Let me know if theres anything that could break it or any improvements I should add/fix.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I'll be trying to check that out as soon as I get the chance.

I'm trying out Mirror's Edge right now, not a bad game.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

lon3vvolf wrote:Just finished making a level for littlebigplanet. If anyone has it please check it out. Its a minigame where you have to smack each other off the platform. Just grab the green dissolve material when you start and go from there. Its best played with all 4 people so you can smack the crap out of everyone. The name is Smackfest Deathmatch, or just look under my levels. Let me know if theres anything that could break it or any improvements I should add/fix.
You killed me in it:D, wait that's the wrong smiley! anyway though it is very well thought out, I couldn't make a level like that if I tried.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Its pretty simple if you go through all the tutorials, and watch some videos on how to make levels. I wanna get that damned platinum trophy!

In other news, I started the character challenge modes in Street Fighter 4. Some of them are ridiculously hard, but others make you such a better player. RE5 is on the back-burner.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I know what you mean. Some of that stuff is incredibly useful and some of it is absurdly hard to pull off. Speaking of RE5 I just recently unlocked the inifinite ammo for the L. Hawk magnum, w00t. I use infinite ammo sparingly though. In fact I haven't even used the infinite ammo on the L. Hawk yet, but I'm looking forward to when I do. XD
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

It's all about the S&W 500. You just have to max out the S&W Magnum and then you can purchase the 500 for $30,000. Does 5,000 per shot maxed out.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, alright, I'll check that out. I mean, inifinite ammo for any fully upgraded magnum is more than enough in my opinion, but I could always go for another magnum.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Something weird happened to me the other day. This girl I've been hanging out with loves to play littlebigplanet. She helped me get 100% of the stuff in the game and I kinda like her so I did the only thing a normal person would... spent a couple of hours each day to make video montage...

It was a real bitch getting the footage off the ps3 onto my comp. Editing wasn't too bad, but wish I could get better quality.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

looked like good editing imo. Anywho, got Re5, anybody wanna get infinite ammo with me?
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

i heard that sega is in the work on a skies of arcadia 2 for the ps3 and wii, i sure hope this is true.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Shizuka
imanewbie

Post by Shizuka »

And I'm guessing that's why you changed your avatar to Ramirez ...
Baseball is 90% mental, and the other half is physical - Yogi Bera
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Aetherfukz, your guide to changing the HDD on the PS3 (and installing Linux, but I didn't do that) has one glaring omission that got me really scared. After changing the hard drive you get a weird message saying the system couldn't start and to press the PS button to restart and try again. At this point you're supposed to press SELECT and START to load the firmware update that's in the backed up drive to be able to get to the menu and then restore your backed up data.

I'm not sure if the backup utility saves that cause when I got the message I just googled it and followed some instructions that basically said to use a flash drive, so I didn't use the external drive where my data was saved. Anyway, this got me scared for a moment, you should at least mention it could happen.

Oh, and check out the awesomeness of UPS, this is how the box with the HDD arrived:

"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

War Machine wrote:Aetherfukz, your guide to changing the HDD on the PS3 (and installing Linux, but I didn't do that) has one glaring omission that got me really scared. After changing the hard drive you get a weird message saying the system couldn't start and to press the PS button to restart and try again. At this point you're supposed to press SELECT and START to load the firmware update that's in the backed up drive to be able to get to the menu and then restore your backed up data.

I'm not sure if the backup utility saves that cause when I got the message I just googled it and followed some instructions that basically said to use a flash drive, so I didn't use the external drive where my data was saved. Anyway, this got me scared for a moment, you should at least mention it could happen.

Oh, and check out the awesomeness of UPS, this is how the box with the HDD arrived:

Now that's a fucked up UPS shipment. Anyway, my blogpost about those PS3 things is from more than a year ago. I too changed disks again on my PS3 this weekend (because my old one died a slow death I bought a new PS3) and had to do the whole reformatting and installing firmware again from a USB stick via start+select. Hadn't seen this screen before too.

But what really made me rather angry: I couldn't just use my old HDD in the new PS3, because apparently the disc system is linked to the hardware ID of the PS3. But even with "backup the whole system" option, some savegames (which are copyprotected, and [nerdrage] why the flying fuck would you ever want to copy protect savegames? so you can't share them? LOL [/nerdrage] so I lost all my Resident Evil 5 saves, and some from other games) won't get copied.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I got UFC: Undisputed 2009 yesterday, so if anyone else has it for PS3, send me an invite sometime and we'll throw down. ;)
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

I rented UFC Undisputed on the weekend, party because I always liked the (old) THC/Yukes Wrestling games, but Undisputed totally sucked for me at least. Just like all the other of todays wrestling games. Nothing comes close to the awesomeness of the old Nintendo 64 4player multiplayer brawls in nWo/WCW games.

Anyway. I got InFamous 2 days ago, and it is awesome. What the spiderman games should have been.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I played the InFamous demo today and I really liked it, I especially like the fact that the character is drawn to ledges and places where you can grab on to so as to not fall off by mistake. Controls are pretty nice and the action well paced. Also, the demo is fairly long, so it'll give you a good taste of the game.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

War Machine wrote:I played the InFamous demo today and I really liked it, I especially like the fact that the character is drawn to ledges and places where you can grab on to so as to not fall off by mistake. Controls are pretty nice and the action well paced. Also, the demo is fairly long, so it'll give you a good taste of the game.
Yeah. That's probably the best demo I've ever seen on the PS Store. It's really long for a demo, gives you insight into the cinematic style, lets you play some missions as a good guy, some as a bad guy, gives you two story missions and a few optional missions and a part of the world to explore.

What I really love about InFamous right now: I play a good guy (2nd playthrough I will be bad as bone, but for the first on I always play what I would do in that situation :D) and in the parts of the city I already pacified through side missions the city begins to prosper again. People are putting up posters of my awesomeness, they start to help other people, and so on. Just yesterday a girl ran up to me shouting "Hey, please stop!" - so I did thinking she would ask me to heal her downed husband or something. But she just shot a picture of me with her cellphone and then proceeded to talk to her friend on the phone about me "Hey I got a picture of the local superhero, here have it, he's awesome!". Sweet. I can only imagine how people react to a bad Cole then :D
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

The InFamous demo is pretty sweet. The climbing and stuff isn't too complex, and it is really neat to grind the train rails to get around. The powers are all pretty neat as well. I'll probably pick up the game sometime, but what I really can't wait for is for Marvel vs. Capcom 2 to come out!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I was thinking of this today, I don't know if anyone is interested but it'd be kinda cool. You know how you can share PSN accounts and download anything you've bought in that account onto any PS3 you log into? Well, if anyone's interested I'd be willing to share my PSN account in exchange for yours, we could do this with as many people that want to join in and basically download everything each of us have. This is delicate information so we would only share it through PMs so other people don't get our accounts and should the worst happen and your account gets stolen or you want to opt out of the sharing it'd be as easy as changing your account password. Now keep in mind that other people could do that to your account so we should keep it between people we trust, so far I've exchanged accounts with my cousin and my sister so I can assure you that it works pretty well with no repercussions whatsoever, you don't even need to use the other accounts to play the downloaded games, just begin a download and then continue it on your own account and play the game there.

Again, I don't know how you guys would feel about it so I'm just throwing it out there. If you wanna get a taste of what you could get from me, here's the stuff I have:

DLC:
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Jedi Temple (extra level with some extra costumes)
A bunch of Rock Band/Rock Band 2 songs (about 20 or something, I would need to count them)

Games:
Siren: Blood Curse (all 12 episodes)
Mega Man 9
Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic (it was free)
Age of Booty (won this game in a contest, but I didn't like it that much)

I'll probably get the Bioshock DLC soon as well.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

As far as I know, I can't share my copy of warhawk, but I'd be down. There's actually a whole forum that's actually dedicated to PSN sharing and it has a few good guidelines that you should follow when doing this stuff like changing your password before and after the share and removing the credit card info and stuff as well as being a big asshole about keeping tabs on when the person does the stuff.

As for me I don't have anything as cool as megaman 9 or siren blood curse but I do have the following:

Tekken Dark Resurrection (before online version came out)
Namco museum beta (unlocks arcade cabinets and stuff like that in Home)
Echochrome
Pixeljunk Eden
Pixeljunk Monsters
Penny Arcade Episode 1
Oh, I also forgot that I have Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/611680 this site has the down low on the whole sharing thing and how it should be done.
Last edited by dialdfordesi on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Good guidelines. Everyone considering this should give it a read.

The only reason I was posting it here is because I would trust you guys much more than some random dude in another forum, also most people here are regulars so we can expect some communication to persist throughout.