Currently Watching?

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Re: Currently Watching?

Post by Loeviz »

Began to watch Clannad Afterstory 2 days ago and its as the commercial goes; Once you pop you cant stop :D
If you have seen the first season you should definetly see it.

On a sidenote for those of you that havent read the Bleach thread, Fillerland has ended.
From episode 206 they have begun the backstory of how Aizen, Uruhara and all the others rose in ranks and ended up where they are today.
A must see :D

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Space Runaway Ideon, It's a mecha series made in 1980 by the same person who made Gundam. It came out right after the original Gundam, the next year. It's pretty trippy and cool actually. Some friends and I have been watching it together. If you want to get some classic mecha going on, check it out.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Had myself a small Clannad marathon and holy crap the story takes some twists and turns.
I even hade a tear in my eye a few times :?
1 episode left and I really got no clue as to how it will end.

nroejb
imanewbie

Post by nroejb »

Watching some Angel Heart episodes again, will watch Grave of the Fireflies soon, but still leak the guts. (semi biographic suffering is far harsher on me than pure fiction)
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Ok so the last episode of Clannad After Story has been aired and Im somewhat complex.
The ending was good even if it was a little to farfetched.
Up until episode 21 it must be among the top five animes I´ve seen.

I want more Clannad :(

papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

ok now im starting on Baccano!, only watched the 1st episode so far and i like its style so far.

recently watched xam'd of the lost memory and like it although the ending was a bit weak to me.
i started to rewatch irresponsible captain tylor, and it is just as hilarious as i rember
also watched towards the terra in a single sitting, it was incredible and proboly one of my favorites
and guardian of the sacred spirit, i liked it, would not reccommend it to everyone one, and im annoyed by how its the first book in a long series (like 10 book series)

whlie i am here does anyonoe know of any good detective mystery anime and/or steampunk? (please not detective conan, or monster, first one to episodic, and the latter i have already watched)
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

papasith wrote:
whlie i am here does anyonoe know of any good detective mystery anime and/or steampunk? (please not detective conan, or monster, first one to episodic, and the latter i have already watched)
Mystery anime you say, how about Speed Grapher?
Now when you mention it I dont think there are many detective animes out there.
Im going to think about it at work today and get back to you on it.

On another note what do people think about the series Air and Kanon 2006?
Worth watching or a total waste of time?

nroejb
imanewbie

Post by nroejb »

The Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou Ovas.
papasith

Post by papasith »

i have seen speed grapher and was also good. just seems to be a lack of GOOD mystery/suspense/horror anime, i can find plenty of manga on some of those but harsh finding a good anime repensentation (im looking at you gantz i hate your ending [in the anime at least])

up to episode 5 on baccano! really likeing it so far, even though i dont really know what going on, but i like the suspense of nto knowing and trying to guess :D
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

papasith wrote:just seems to be a lack of GOOD mystery/suspense/horror anime
You should really watch Monster if you haven't allready.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Aetherfukz wrote:
papasith wrote:just seems to be a lack of GOOD mystery/suspense/horror anime
You should really watch Monster if you haven't allready.
He has, wrote Monster when he first asked if there was any other out there :D

One mystery anime is Higurashi When They Cry.

papasith

Post by papasith »

just finnnished baccano!, must say it was very refreshing, i highly reccommend it
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Just finished watching Blue Gender. It was good. Not extraordinary. Just good. It get a 9 in my personal awesomeness scale because of how well done everything was. I just didn't like the overall message. Good ending though.

For those who haven't watched it yet, this is my advice: Do not expect to have your mind blown (he, that sounds funny). You are definitely going to enjoy this show (if you into realistic sci-fi, that is), but thats about it.

Also, I started watching Rurouni Kenshin. Its pure crap. Thank god I didn't watch it as a kid. I would have probably been left retarded, like the characters in Rurouni Kenshin.

PD: On a side note, I just finished watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It is godly. Pure fucking gold (its not the same as regular gold) made celluloid.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Begun Shakugan No Shana.
Had heard this was like Bleach but more for a more mature audience, those people should be hanged cause this doesnt really resemble Bleach much except for demons eating humans and needs protection from someone with a sword :P
Anyways its an ok series even though I really hate the blond chick with her book and the two "bad guys" from school turned nerds for her sake.

It just doesnt make sense.

The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I've been rewatching my hoards of sci fi and fantasy anime. I just finished watching Zone of the Enders: Dolores I and Galaxy Railways, and now I'm onto Gundam Wing. I always do this when I'm working on cosplay. Yay armor! Anyways, I'm gonna start on Vision of Escaflowne, maybe Twelve Kingdoms too. I would rewatch Gundam X, but it doesn't have an English dub so I wouldn't really know what's going on ... even though I've seen the 40 episode long thing three times through. Oh well. I really should rewatch Berserk, since I'm making Berserk costumes, but I've seen the damn thing too many times now. Gah, I might even rewatch Avatar if I get desparate :P.

Starnum, do you have a link to watching that old show by the creator of Gundam that I could check out the eps online?
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I'm afraid I do not. Though if you look around you could probably find the torrents to download. Yeah, we didn't get to have our anime day this week because I had to do Jury Duty. That was a pain in the ass, though mildly interesting at least. Anyway, I'm trying to catch up on my Shonens now. Caught up on One Piece mostly and now I'm checking out Naruto.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

you know what's a good show that should be dubbed, Gundam X. The basic story is that unlike the events in Gundam Wing, a colony drop is performed and Earth is severely fucked for it. Fast forward 15 years and that's when the show takes place. It's way more in depth of normal ship lifestyle than Gundam Wing (thought that show is still amazing) but not sappy and has resolution, unlike Gundam Seed. It came out the same year as Escaflowne and kind of got drowned by it. Gundam X is probably the most adult of all the Gundams, with the majority of the characters being 22 or older. The main character, Garroad Ran, is 15, and so is Tifa, a psychic girl that everyone but Garroad want to exploit for her ability, and a few other minor characters in that age group, but that's about it. Its a lot like Firefly with how they live on a salvage ship, but there's no goverment that's oppressing them because there really isn't any government left. The music is amazing, at times better than Wing, and constantly better than seed. I think, other than escaflowne coming out, the reason Gundam X didn't get widespread distribution is because the writers ignored the demands of the studio and only wrote 39 episodes. They didn't want to have dead air like episodes in the middle of Wing, or a long drawn out story that made no sense like Seed. Plus they don't do clipper episodes, which we all know Seed was infamous for.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Just finished watching Tytania. And to think at some point I expected it to be good.
It lacked drama, action, and good animation.
The worst part was that the characters (and, by extension, the plot) were completely retarded.
The first episodes fooled me into thinking it was going to be a fine series about intrincated politic games between the two opossing forces, and that at some point the struggle between Tytania (The stereotypical big bad Opressive Empire) and Fan Hyulick (a mere man) would become something epic. It did not.

*sigh* I guess I am gonna have to rewatch what I already have AGAIN.....

Does anyone know of any good recent series?
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
papasith

Post by papasith »

well the new fullmetal alchemist series started comeing out and i managed to see the first episode. looks good so far, and is supposed to follow the manga more. i have high hopes for it. for the people interested its called fullmetal alchemist: brotherhood
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Havent begun to watch FMA yet, cant really say why other than I´m to lazy to get it :P
Its the same with the new Hajime No Ippo series, anyone that can tell me something about it?
Worth watching?

Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

papasith wrote:well the new fullmetal alchemist series started comeing out and i managed to see the first episode. looks good so far, and is supposed to follow the manga more. i have high hopes for it. for the people interested its called fullmetal alchemist: brotherhood
Is there already a group translating it? Or did you watch the japanese raw?
papasith

Post by papasith »

i think there are a few groups subbing it already. i think i have seen at least three diffrent groups
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Anybody have a link? I gotta get me hands on the new FMA series as soon as possible :P
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Which Sub is the best one of FMA is what I want to know.

papasith

Post by papasith »

shinsen-subs did the one i downloaded, did not notice any probelms with it... but im not too pickey either....