BERSERK-the black swordsman fan movie

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

loop
imanewbie

Re: BERSERK-the black swordsman fan movie

Post by loop »

well, this is a not bad, Guts is well done, specially the sword and the armsgun.
and most of all, Casca is really pretty. Is it your girlfriend ? :thumb:
après Noir, le sommeil...
Superboi
notanewb

Post by Superboi »

I like the World of Warcraft music you put to it.
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

loop wrote:well, this is a not bad, Guts is well done, specially the sword and the armsgun.
and most of all, Casca is really pretty. Is it your girlfriend ? :thumb:
And very talented too (she's the one making the masks on the making offs, right?). Though she doesn't look like Casca :)
Truesoul
imanewbie

Post by Truesoul »

I really liked the costume, and sword. Wish I had myself a sword like that, although I definitely couldn't pull off the Guts look anyway. The one thing I will mention is when he started saying "This is the destined path of a branded warrior" or something, with those wheel-zombies things in front of him (i forget if they have an actual name). Guts probably would've said something along the lines of "Come and get it" with an evil grin, letting his fighting instincts/anger take over, rather than looking depressed and tired of fighting demons.

Other than that I liked it.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Truesoul wrote:Guts probably would've said something along the lines of "Come and get it" with an evil grin, letting his fighting instincts/anger take over, rather than looking depressed and tired of fighting demons.
Well there was a time in the manga where Guts really struggled with fighting demons every night. When he realized that fighting to protect someone who cannot protect herself is much harder than just fighting to survive. So I dont' think the stuff Guts says in this movie is too much OOC.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Aetherfukz wrote:
Truesoul wrote:Guts probably would've said something along the lines of "Come and get it" with an evil grin, letting his fighting instincts/anger take over, rather than looking depressed and tired of fighting demons.
Well there was a time in the manga where Guts really struggled with fighting demons every night. When he realized that fighting to protect someone who cannot protect herself is much harder than just fighting to survive. So I dont' think the stuff Guts says in this movie is too much OOC.
But on the other hand, Caska doesn't seem to be around during the fight in question. We only see her in what I presume are flashbacks.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Istvan wrote:
Aetherfukz wrote:
But on the other hand, Caska doesn't seem to be around during the fight in question. We only see her in what I presume are flashbacks.
Well yeah, but I just stamped that under artistic license :D
Faienel
imanewbie

Post by Faienel »

Superboi wrote:I like the World of Warcraft music you put to it.
I guess I'm the only who didn't recognize it, as i never played that Game.

The whole Music aspect was actually OK. Wasn't really impressed, but it didn't disturb me or anything. Went well with the Video.
So, Hail LedProd !
Gladly Re-watching it again and again.
hmmm...
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Yeah, pretty damn awesome, for a 0-budget thing. You guys must have put a hell of a load of sweat into it, and all for pure and simple pleasure.

For this kind of thing (and while it's easy to be critical, and I generally am), my expectations would normally hang far lower, so you managed to totally blow them out of the water. I don't think it's ooc at all. It's merely a side of him he had for a while.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
things_likelife
imanewbie

Post by things_likelife »

great job man ...with bigger and older guts it's more great
a-choo
imanewbie

Post by a-choo »

dude that was FANTASTIC!!! You guys did an awesome job with the special effects and makeup... excellent work! I think the dialogue was perfect!
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I can tell you this thing will be a great piece to put into your portfolio and use for any jobs you might want to apply for in the field. See, even fanboyism has its uses. Now just gotta find a way to have my Zodd plushie used for my theatre class ... oh yeah, maybe I should post a picture of him ...
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

The Herald wrote:... oh yeah, maybe I should post a picture of him ...
Definately!
RanShi
imanewbie

Post by RanShi »

bored me to death, but for your budget, the results are impressive.
"And now Guts, by some alien logic, I own you."
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

Nice work.

It's not a shitty tribute to Berserk , more like a true Berserk fan's vision of how it has to be done in a real live action movie.

Kudos for that. :thumb:
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Aetherfukz wrote:
The Herald wrote:... oh yeah, maybe I should post a picture of him ...
Definately!
Just for you herald...