PS3 Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Re: PS3 Thread

Post by halfnhalf »

Femto wrote:PixelJunk Monsters is really good.

Its even better with two players.
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

We need people to start putting up PSN IDs. Not sure if people did, but Im sure as hell not looking through all those pages
ImageImage
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Dio wrote:We need people to start putting up PSN IDs. Not sure if people did, but Im sure as hell not looking through all those pages
You need to be not lazy and troll for em...

NOT

Mine is
ilon3vvolfi

And heres who else I have from EG:
AetherMcLoud
Hindufury
j-cart
Starnum
fujinthewindgod <-- pending response to add as a friend
If I'm missing anyone just add me.

Too bad the only game I have with online multiplayer is Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

halfnhalf wrote:
Femto wrote:PixelJunk Monsters is really good.

Its even better with two players.
I know.

My PSN is Hermesgildo.

I don't really play that much though.
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Add me anyway fuckers 8)
ImageImage
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

For some unknown ass reason I can't add or accept lon3wolf I just don't get it, but anyway Dio I'll add ya.

Btw is that the holy diver Dio?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

No, Dio Brando is from a manga (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) that I haven't read, but have heard about, I believe.
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Starnum wrote:No, Dio Brando is from a manga (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) that I haven't read, but have heard about, I believe.
You sir are correct
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Do you guys have headsets?

I've never played GTA4 in multiplayer so I could go for that someday.

No interest in Metal Gear's online mode whatsoever.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Femto wrote:Do you guys have headsets?

I've never played GTA4 in multiplayer so I could go for that someday.

No interest in Metal Gear's online mode whatsoever.
Yeah I got a headset, but gta4 admitedly sucks online after repeatedly doing bomb da base II over and over again. Starnum has a headset on the other hand.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Give MGO another chance, Femto. It feels jarring at first, but it grows on you. I don't think I've never seen an online game (excluding MMOs) that have so many different ways to play around. Pretty much all the moves that you can use in single player can be used in MGO as well (some requiring leveling up skills).

Now that I think of it, GTA4 might not be that far from MGO in that respect, but it has a very different style of gameplay. Have another bite, see if you like it.

Anyway, I was thinking about investing in a bluetooth headset, especially now that it's illegal to not use one when answering the phone while driving in California, so it might serve another purpose (not that it will be used that way). What do you think of this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-BT350-100-9 ... 429&sr=8-1
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Do yourselves a favor and get Siren Blood Curse from PSN. It's a (not very faithful, for the better) remake of the original (Forbidden) Siren, which, if you didn't play it, shame on you. If you hated it, well, that just means you played it I guess.

Anyway, I'm willing to peg Blood Curse as the best horror game since... Siren 2? Maybe Siren 1. Both of those were horrible games, but took awesome video game horror to completely new levels, and Blood Curse fixes all the playability issues.

GET SIREN BLOOD CURSE MOTHERFUCKERS is what I'm really trying to say here.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

LordMune wrote:Do yourselves a favor and get Siren Blood Curse from PSN. It's a (not very faithful, for the better) remake of the original (Forbidden) Siren, which, if you didn't play it, shame on you. If you hated it, well, that just means you played it I guess.

Anyway, I'm willing to peg Blood Curse as the best horror game since... Siren 2? Maybe Siren 1. Both of those were horrible games, but took awesome video game horror to completely new levels, and Blood Curse fixes all the playability issues.

GET SIREN BLOOD CURSE MOTHERFUCKERS is what I'm really trying to say here.
Hmm, is it really that good? Looks like a mishmash of Silent Hill and Resident Evil in the trailers. With bad graphics on top.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

There's a downloadable demo you can get if you wanna play the game. It looks good and I really liked the ambient, but the area in the demo seemed highly constricted and linear, it might only be because it's the demo, but the gameplay was pretty lacking as well.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Siren was an amazing, overly complex story with terrible gameplay. The remake, Siren Blood Curse, takes a more straight-forward approach to the storyline, while combining it with the best survival horror gameplay since... Maybe ever. Hell, you didn't even get Siren 2 in the US, which is pretty terrible. Get Blood Curse and pray they remake Siren 2.

EDIT: They've also adjusted the difficulty level, Siren was a pretty sadistic trial-and-error game requiring careful planning where one step out of line often resulted in death. Blood Curse has a bare minimum of aimbotting sniper zombies, and hell, every character has an animation for squeezing past enemies in narrow hallways. That's a gameplay revolution right there.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

I tried the demo of Siren, but I'm not sure about the 39.99 price for the whole game... In other new has anyone downloaded bionic commando rearmed yet?

So far I'm loving the old school feel along with the new music and updated graphics. Those damn challenge levels are killing me though... I'm at 5.005 seconds on the third one and cant figure out how to do it quicker. If anyone has it, I'm up for some co-op!
guywildman
imanewbie

Post by guywildman »

any one here exited about endwar?
there is so much about this game that i absolutely love, the fact that it was originally designed for consoles, the voice activation just makes me want to go put my uniform on stand in the middle of the room and shout orders, the unit a.i that makes infantry man take cover drag wounded buddies and so one, also i always loved customizable stuff so the unit upgrades and the ability to pick and choose your support powers really seal's the deal for me.
tim
imanewbie

Post by tim »

since im new here i wont go and add you all and have you like "wtf gtfo", but if you want +1 contacts on PSN feel free to add me: timparki

seriously, i have like 3 friends on it who are never online and i have a thing about adding people i just played once with in a game due to experiences of them being clingy and stupid.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

You play MGO?
tim
imanewbie

Post by tim »

Starnum wrote:You play MGO?
if thats directed at me then yes, but im on the EU servers (what servers you get access to is bound to the localisation of your copy)
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Uh a fellow european :D

If you want, just send me a buddy invite on the PSN, I'm AetherMcLoud there.

At the time I almost exclusively play SoulCalibur online :p
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

tim wrote:
Starnum wrote:You play MGO?
if thats directed at me then yes, but im on the EU servers (what servers you get access to is bound to the localisation of your copy)
Ah, I see, I was gonna invite you if you did, but I forgot you were on the EU servers. Ah well, I'll prolly still send you an invite sometime. ;)
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I wasn't sure how good the new Prince Of Persia would be, but after seeing this video, I can't wait to get it:

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/22/sev ... of-persia/

The only thing is that the fighting seems pretty average, but he was cowering and blocking all the time, so I don't know.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

War Machine wrote:I wasn't sure how good the new Prince Of Persia would be, but after seeing this video, I can't wait to get it:

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/22/sev ... of-persia/

The only thing is that the fighting seems pretty average, but he was cowering and blocking all the time, so I don't know.

WHY THE FUCK IS NATHAN DRAKE IN PRINCE OF PERSIA?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK?!?! The voice alone is going to kill me, because Drake was fucking awesome.... Honestly after the first game, the series is just plain dull. It tries to be a platforming action game but because of how the combos affect the enemies you end up using just one combo on everything (pretty much like every platforming melee game?). Either way, the new graphical apporach is not bad, but this is a game that does not need to be purchased.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I'm not a big Prince of Persia fan, for some reason, so I'll prolly only rent this title. There's something I don't like about the character designs in this one.