Berserk Cosplay

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Re: Berserk Cosplay

Post by The Herald »

Typo from K to S? Must be one of those wierd euro keyboards. Anyways, good luck on your costume, it looks awesome so far.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The Herald wrote:Typo from K to S? Must be one of those wierd euro keyboards. Anyways, good luck on your costume, it looks awesome so far.
Um... I think if you re-examine what he said and what he meant to say, you will find that it was in fact a typo from K to L, which are right next to each other on the keyboard.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

I told myself I wasn't going to post anymore pictures before the convention... but I'm weak and can't help myself. I'm blown though, I don't think I can create a codpiece in time... thought I had some spare leather in the house but didn't find any. Don't have much time, the big show is this weekend so quite busy here.

And now for a taste of things to come:
Found those pants at a thrift store. They were white, tried to dye them an off blue but they came out green. Meh, the blood covers most of it :mrgreen:
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

It looks insanely good, man!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

If I was a complete stranger who entered your house, I would be completely scared.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Eldo wrote:If I was a complete stranger who entered your house, I would be completely scared.
Haha......
Let's put a smile on that face...............
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

hahaha i dont think i would be too good at cosplay i'm too OCD
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Well, you should do a Berserk demon, take your time, like 2 years, then UNLEASH it upon the unsuspecting congoers! Don't do one of the sexual ones, it would be disqualified.

What is the red for the blood on your costume? It looks good.

Oh, and if anyone knows what has happened to Dagda Mor, tell him I've begun his Serpico costume. I'm starting with the cape, but I'm not going to post until I get his okay.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

hahaha i should but it'll probably take longer than that
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Back from Otakon and boy do I have a lot of pictures. I'm only going to put the Berserk cosplay ones here but if anyone wants to look at more of them just hit me up via facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=5734874

I actually meet a guy dressed up as Griffith. I ran at him and yelled "I'm gonna kill you! I'm gonna kill you!" And he freaked out for a second =P My friends got pictures of that and she didn't send me them yet. Also I tried to tell everyone who took my picture about EG and the site. Hmmm perhaps next time I should make little EG business cards to hand out.

On to the costume... Looked good overall I think, however my leggings kept coming down and the pants weren't really long pants, also I had a lot of shit in my pockets so it doesn't look good in some pictures. Red paint kept on rubbing off the horn as the day went by, I need to add a layer of top coat to it for next time. Other than that I had a great time. Oh yeah, I'm too fat I know :(

This Nightmare was heavy as hell. It also had real lights around the eyes. After I picked it up a crowd gathered to take pictures... My arms almost gave out by the time they were done.
Trying to imitate the scene after he slayed 100 men while Caska ran away for help.
The brand wore off as the day went on. Funny thing happened... I was walking and I felt a pain in my neck so I asked my friend if there was a bug on me or anything... but there was nothing. Apparently some demons were around :D
This girl was there with her boyfriend who was dressed as the Joker. Talked with him as hes a Berserk fan and he told me they are trying for a Guts and Caska costume next year!
Fucking pants :evil:
My canon hand! I can't believe I didn't run into any of you guys there. Think like 2 or 3 of you said you'd be there. Makes me a sad panda. Great times for all.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

damn, awesome.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Awesome indeed. But who's the guy in the second picture supposed to be? Leonides with a gun holster? Can't think of any anime character that has a costume like that?
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

bravo but i say that there can always be more blood
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

So you guys might hate me for this but I got the pics of the Griffith cosplayer I ran into. My friend took the pics and I finally got them from her. When I saw him I ran at him yelling "Griffith! I'm gonna kill you. I'm GONNA KILL YOU!" He freaked out for a min.

Later I met up with him once he was out of his costume and we talked random Berserk things... His girlfriend has a nice Berserk necklace, it was in the shape of the brand. Told him to stop by EG and if you're on here, just send me a message and I can get you a copy of the pics in nice big resolutions.

Here we go again:

Griffith Friend! Need hug!
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

he's not white enough hahaha
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

LOL I like how in the pic he's hugging you and you're not hugging him. Just further proof that all griffith cosplayer's love dudes...
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Lonewolf just doesn't wanna bloody up Griffith, it's actually very thoughtful.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

such a kind man *tear*
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, cool stuff. Looks like you had fun. Wish I could've been there.
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

Starnum wrote:Heh, cool stuff. Looks like you had fun. Wish I could've been there.
what would you have dressed up as
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I prolly wouldn't. I've never cosplayed before. However, if I were to do so, I'd prolly dress up as someone really obscure, and no one would know who I was supposed to be or if I was even in costume. :P
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Found some cool cosplay pictures:

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Those are actually pretty darn good.
LordAlan
imanewbie

Post by LordAlan »

Hello fellow hardcore Berserk fans (this is my first post). I was the Griffith at Otakon 2008 that lon3vvolf has pictures with. I was going to post my own photos of our encounter, but lon3vvolf’s (friend’s) photos pretty much have it covered.

It was my first time cosplaying as anything. I now know of about a dozen different things I could have done differently to make it better. So basically this was my first attempt at Griffith (not sure if I’ll refine the costume and try again though).

As for the hug, the blood + my white clothes made us agree that a fake hug (not actually touching) would be the best way to show the relationship without any ill effects.

lon3vvolf and anyone else reading this who might have been at Otakon 2008 – apparently there WAS a Guts (black swordsmen) there. I did not see him but… according to the search on Flickr I did he was there. The search was: Otakon 2008 Berserk. Or the URL:
http://flickr.com/search/?q=otakon+2008+berserk&m=text

Either the pics were uploaded with the wrong date, he was cosplaying for a very short time, or Guts finally mastered the art of stealth. Gotta be one of those…

-LordAlan
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

that guy was kinda good but i think he was a little too fat