coolest type of Berserk Video Game?

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

What would be the Genre for a Berserk Video Game

Poll ended at Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:16 am

Action Arcade Fighting
10%
Final Fantasy Style RPG
14%
Action Adventure
67%
FPS
10%

Total votes: 21

Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Re: coolest type of Berserk Video Game?

Post by Aetherfukz »

War Machine wrote:Yeah, pretty much, you just load the Swap Magic disc and up comes a screen to change discs to the one you want to play. You don't need much for it to work, just a couple of small plastic pieces that you put on the PS2 so the it doesn't register that you opened the disc tray when you change discs.

If you only plan to use it for a couple of games, then swap magic is ok, but changing discs becomes a chore after a while, so if you're planning to play a lot of burned games, you should really think about using a mod-chip (best one for the PS2 is the DMS4 SE).

Also, that crap about making Zodd and Griffith into one character is a fucking lie, the Dreamcast game is basically an extra chapter from when Guts was taking Caska along with him with Puck.
Do you know of any online store that still sells the game (second hand, don't care) together with the swap magic discs? I cannot find any of them in the (german) ebay or amazon.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

You mean the game with the swap magic discs? I don't know. It'd be much easier if you get the swap magic discs and download the Berserk game from any torrents site and burn it to a dvd. Here's a list of online stores that sell the Swap Magic 3 discs:

http://www.swapmagic3.com/Swap_Magic_Where_To_Buy.asp

If you still want the Berserk game original, you could try the US ebay and ask them about sending it where you live.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

War Machine wrote:You mean the game with the swap magic discs? I don't know. It'd be much easier if you get the swap magic discs and download the Berserk game from any torrents site and burn it to a dvd. Here's a list of online stores that sell the Swap Magic 3 discs:

http://www.swapmagic3.com/Swap_Magic_Where_To_Buy.asp

If you still want the Berserk game original, you could try the US ebay and ask them about sending it where you live.
Meh, download should do just fine :D

Thanks for the links, there's even a distributor in germany.
Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Post by Buuhan1 »

I don't care to go buy a swap card or mod my PS2, especially cause my PS2 is my main form of gaming and it's a fat one from close to launch. I hear both methods can have some bad risks, and I rather not take those risks. If I ever get a spare PS2 or get a lot of spare cash, then sure. Otherwise... I'm just gonna have to enjoy the game of what I've seen of it on YouTube, which is already orgasmic.
I think Guts is a pretty cool guy, eh kills shit an doesn't afraid of anything.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

well, i'm never going to get a dreamcast because it's been defunct since 2000, so does anyone know about an emulator for the dreamcast berserk? or the ps2 one for that matter?
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Gwarrior
imanewbie

Post by Gwarrior »

For those of us that have PS 3 can't we just play any PS 2 game on it or is it still regional?
This message is brought to you by the Infrequent Posters Union.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Only on PS3 games. I tried to play the PS2 Berserk game on my PS3, and it still didn't work. :(
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

The Herald wrote:well, i'm never going to get a dreamcast because it's been defunct since 2000, so does anyone know about an emulator for the dreamcast berserk? or the ps2 one for that matter?
Most places you can buy a dreamcast controllers and everything used for like twenty-five bucks, so it's really not a large investment, besides dreamcast was actually a really good system for its time, just never picked up. You might be able to mod the dreamcast, and just pick up a torrent for the game -- burn a copy, then play it like that.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Gwarrior wrote:For those of us that have PS 3 can't we just play any PS 2 game on it or is it still regional?
Thats what I thought at first. Then I realized you'd have to buy a Japanese ps3 for that to work. The DVDs and ps2 games are all region coded.

But with blu-ray East Asia and America are the same region. So technically you could buy a Japanese blu-ray p0rn and play it on a US system... not that anyone would wanna do that :wink: . I think the same thing applies with games. So you could import "Boku no Natsuyasumi 3: Hokkoku Hen: Chiisana Boku no Dai Sougen" and it should play.

I just picked the Japanese game with the most ridiculous title.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

PS3 Blu-Ray Games aren't region locked at all. Europe and USA have different Blu-Ray regions but it's no problem importing games from the US for me. Only Blu-Ray movies are (although not all of them) region locked.
Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Post by Buuhan1 »

My mom works with a nice guy who burns things for people, I just realized he could games too. Currently I'm downloading the Berserk ISO which is split into 19 files and put on megaupload, I then am gonna put them on disc and give him them to burn a DVD for me. It's bothersome, but if it gives me the chance to play this game then I'm going for it.

But alas, I also gotta buy Swap Magic, but no place selling it accepts money orders.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I wonder if gamestop would accept a japanese ps2, after buying it from a convention ... though, that would be pointless, because i used to work for gamestop ad ps2s are worth like 15 $. still more than a gamecube, thats only 5$ :(
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

There was a promotion at gamestop that you would get $80 for your PS2 with two controllers and a memory card, but I think it ended a couple of weeks ago. They usually rip you off when buying games, I mean they took DMC3 for like 5 bucks even though it was in perfect condition back when it was still somewhat new.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Post by Buuhan1 »

Yeah, Gamestop barely pays anything for your games. I brought a bag full of video games and movies I no longer wanted. They no longer buy movies as they're trying to get away from them, and they were only offering like 48 cents for most of my games (but to be fair, they were older shitty games. I'm talking Spiderman The Movie Game, and X-2 Wolverines Revenge) but I did sell them one of my games. It was the GBA version of Donkey Kong, which god knows why was going for $3. I kinda hate games like that so I had no problem selling it.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

So you admit to being THAT kind of asshole who brings in fifty games to us then gets pissed at us for only giving you like five bucks for them. And we get that from people all day long, and then we have to take your ID incase you're trying not to sell use stolen games, and then you get more pissed. Even though it's not our fault, it's the fucking company, who are the same assholes who refuse to pay us anything higher than minimum wage, even though we have to deal with this kind of shit. And guess who plays all of these shitty games that are traded in for next to nothing? Bums, druggies, winos, and deadbeat dads. Though, in most cases, those are all the same. Yeah, I don't miss working there at all. Though, it's entertaining when the bums argue with security at the same time the manager decides to take his fifteen minute break.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Shit I just bought a japanese PS2. Now I'm rockin' Bersek, Rurouni Kenshin, Devilman, and Cowboy Bebop. they're not expensive at all.
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Post by Buuhan1 »

The Herald wrote:So you admit to being THAT kind of asshole who brings in fifty games to us then gets pissed at us for only giving you like five bucks for them. And we get that from people all day long, and then we have to take your ID incase you're trying not to sell use stolen games, and then you get more pissed. Even though it's not our fault, it's the fucking company, who are the same assholes who refuse to pay us anything higher than minimum wage, even though we have to deal with this kind of shit. And guess who plays all of these shitty games that are traded in for next to nothing? Bums, druggies, winos, and deadbeat dads. Though, in most cases, those are all the same. Yeah, I don't miss working there at all. Though, it's entertaining when the bums argue with security at the same time the manager decides to take his fifteen minute break.
... I'm... sorry? Uuuuh, what did I post to get this?
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Meh, it's not you, I'm just pissed at the whole video game industry :P.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Yesterday I played through the Dreamcast Berserk game "Sword of the Berserk - Guts' Rage". It's basically like Dynamite Cop, or Final Fight or all those games. Lots of cutscenes, then a stage where you have to beat all the enemies to get to the next cutscene. The fighting was OK, but you only have 2 different combos for the Dragonslayer. At least you can fire the crossbow, the cannon, and Judeau's knifes and the tiny bombs Rickert made.
The story happens between volume 22 and 23 of the manga and is (according to the credits at least) written my Miura which is a big plus. Played through it in 4-5 hours though. Caska gets her memory back for like 5 seconds at the end - yay. "Gutsu, my dear. I had a very long bad dream." "Caska my love..." *Caska snaps back into her mindless state again. Meh.

Although hearing Guts constantly refering to Caska as "My Caska" and "My love" was kinda strange, as was the whole english synchronisation anyway. Guts isn't that romatic.

If anyone wanna try it out, I found a nice emulator site with the game:
http://www.emulatorworld.com/forums/seg ... 589mb.html

I also downloaded the PS2 game yesterday over night from bittorrent, will try it out in the next hours:
http://www.torrentz.com/a5a3c573ae7de69 ... 6bc42b5185

P.S. Hurray for Comic Relief Puck!
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Aetherfukz wrote:Yesterday I played through the Dreamcast Berserk game "Sword of the Berserk - Guts' Rage". It's basically like Dynamite Cop, or Final Fight or all those games. Lots of cutscenes, then a stage where you have to beat all the enemies to get to the next cutscene. The fighting was OK, but you only have 2 different combos for the Dragonslayer. At least you can fire the crossbow, the cannon, and Judeau's knifes and the tiny bombs Rickert made.
The story happens between volume 22 and 23 of the manga and is (according to the credits at least) written my Miura which is a big plus. Played through it in 4-5 hours though. Caska gets her memory back for like 5 seconds at the end - yay. "Gutsu, my dear. I had a very long bad dream." "Caska my love..." *Caska snaps back into her mindless state again. Meh.

Although hearing Guts constantly refering to Caska as "My Caska" and "My love" was kinda strange, as was the whole english synchronisation anyway. Guts isn't that romatic.

If anyone wanna try it out, I found a nice emulator site with the game:
http://www.emulatorworld.com/forums/seg ... 589mb.html

I also downloaded the PS2 game yesterday over night from bittorrent, will try it out in the next hours:
http://www.torrentz.com/a5a3c573ae7de69 ... 6bc42b5185

P.S. Hurray for Comic Relief Puck!
Never understood DLing console games via BT. Are they playable on a computer, even though they were never formatted for one?
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

The Prince wrote:Never understood DLing console games via BT. Are they playable on a computer, even though they were never formatted for one?
Dude, it's called an Emulator, it emulates a console on your pc...

Anyway just tried the PS2 game... it's kinda laggy (on my QuadCore with GeForce 9800 GX2!) and there is no sound most of the time. Meh.
But you can of course burn the game then and play it on your PS2 if you have swap magic to play burned CDs. Gonna order that so I can play the Berserk game with full sound and no lag :D
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Go for a mod-chip instead of the swap magic discs cause constantly changing discs will get really frustrating after some time. The mod-chip is a little more complicated to install, but it's only a one time deal. And I can't stress this enough, use Verbatim DVDs, others will wear out the lens pretty quickly.
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

Mount and Blade is the definitive medieval mercenary company simulator. It's surprisingly easy to play out the Band of the Hawk's ascent; the fall would be a tad trickier, as I have yet to find any options that involve sleeping with the king's daughter and your captors have the oddest tendency to *not* sever your tendons while you languish in their prisons. And the ability to customize your companion's skills and equipment makes it pretty easy to duplicate the role of different members in the band. "Okay, Judeau, take these throwing knives and hop to." "My name's Nizar-" "YOU'RE JUDEAU"
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Dagda Mor wrote:Mount and Blade is the definitive medieval mercenary company simulator. It's surprisingly easy to play out the Band of the Hawk's ascent; the fall would be a tad trickier, as I have yet to find any options that involve sleeping with the king's daughter and your captors have the oddest tendency to *not* sever your tendons while you languish in their prisons. And the ability to customize your companion's skills and equipment makes it pretty easy to duplicate the role of different members in the band. "Okay, Judeau, take these throwing knives and hop to." "My name's Nizar-" "YOU'RE JUDEAU"
Um. I've never played it, so I wouldn't know, but if it's possible to customize your companion's skills, could you basically set everything at zero in order to simulate Griffith after he is rescued from the prison? Just wondered.
Draug
imanewbie

Post by Draug »

I dunno if anyone has stumbled on this before but here is a berserk flash game.
http://www.glenatmanga.com/jeu-berserk.asp
my best score is 4756 :P