Berserk Cosplay

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Re: Berserk Cosplay

Post by lon3vvolf »

Went to Katsucon this weekend. Its a mid-sized convention in Washington DC. I was about to give up all hope of seeing any Berserk cosplay till I saw this guy out of the corner of my eye. Looks like I've got the magic touch to finding Berserk cosplayers. I quickly got him to let me take 2 pics.

He was in a rush to take the damned thing off, it was past 2 am and he looked like he was about to pass out. The guy was huge too! I would say 6"5 or more!

I'll post some good costumes and my video mix when I get the chance in the conventions thread.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, not half bad. I like the second shot. The sword shouldn't be taller than him though. Damn, if he's that tall, how big was the sword, like 8 ft?
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Heh, that looks pretty much like real steel armour, just not real Guts armour :).
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Wow, cool. But man, Guts cosplayers really intimidate me. But I'm happy to have finished my Roderick sketches. I'm going to go with a red coat, does that sound like the right color?
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The Herald wrote: I'm going to go with a red coat, does that sound like the right color?
Uh, sure. *shrugs* Who knows, I say go for it. Red or tan, whatever works.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

niiiice. tall is a plus for guts, although i cant say his face looks all that much like him. (but you cant change that so no worries) the DS's length does however change throughout the manga so it doesnt bother me. it looks right when he holds it and i actually dont think the proportions are that bad. the armor looks great but the shoulders look a bit..off to me. other than that, he did great! he got leather pants (didnt go for the sweat pants as many do) and looks like he sewed quite a bit for the belt and knife holders. the metal arm looks good too. very well done i say!
Ollie
imanewbie

Post by Ollie »

Sorry to bump this up, buuuut I was at SakuraCon and saw no Berserkers. :(

Herald, you have any pictures? I wanna see!

[Already planning to go as Schierke for next year, too. Hopefully it'll go through!]
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

I'd actually like to cosplay as Serpico at Sakura-con next year- in his current outfit, because while his initial armor would be incredibly awesome it's a task I'll leave to the expert costume creators. I'm puzzled enough by the issue of how to make the feather sword, plus the issue of his hair (I could let mine grow out but that'd mean a month of looking rather shabby beforehand, and while a wig would allow me to match his yellow-blond hair color I'm worried it would look rather off in real life).
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I've already designed a Serpico costume, want me to send you all the trade secrets? I was thinking of doing Berserk for Sakuracon 2009, we should all go, maybe do a skit! Though, I might just end up doing Silat because he's more important than Roderick, at least in English so far. I'm really up for being anyone, but Silat is very cool. I suggest growing your hair, to get it the three inches you need for Serpico will only take a few months, just wear a baseball hat. Then you can bleach it in March, and you're all set for Sakuracon. Then you can cut it all off, get rid of the bleach, tada!
madonnalal
notanewb

Post by madonnalal »

Man, why are all these Berserk Cosplayers going to Sakuracon? What about Otakon or Anime Central? Where's the Berserk love there?

I did try a Sonia cosplay at Ohayocon this last year. Either 1) There's not enough people who've read the manga or 2) I suck at cosplaying cause I didn't get recognized by anyone, even when I ran into an anime inspired Gutts.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

madonnalal wrote:Man, why are all these Berserk Cosplayers going to Sakuracon? What about Otakon or Anime Central? Where's the Berserk love there?

I did try a Sonia cosplay at Ohayocon this last year. Either 1) There's not enough people who've read the manga or 2) I suck at cosplaying cause I didn't get recognized by anyone, even when I ran into an anime inspired Gutts.
Well, Sonia's not really all that distinctive as anime characters go. Even if you copied her dress perfectly, there are a number of other characters from other series that people could reasonably think you are.
madonnalal
notanewb

Post by madonnalal »

Good point. Maybe I'll try for a second eclipse Caska or Scherike next time. I really like the females of Berserk, but either their costumes are way simplistic and therefore indistinctive (Sonia or Caska) or just generic fantasy (Scherike).

Farnese and Charlotte have cool costumes, but I'm hardly a good enough seamstress to try and make their fancy stuff.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

with a charlotte dress you could kill two birds with one stone in a sense, because it would work for anime conventions, medieval fairs, parties, all of that kind of stuff ... hmm, i guess that's killing 3 or 4 birds. but charlotte can't be alone, you need a griffith preferably, or maybe a caska.
Last edited by The Herald on Thu May 22, 2008 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

I found some more pictures of that excellent Griffith/Gattsu cosplay.

http://mizu-art.deviantart.com/art/Bers ... 4-79000413

and check the 2nd page of that persons gallery there's 3 more.

EDIT:

found this also while looking.
http://fight-knight.deviantart.com/art/ ... d-79301325
pretty funny
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

DrPepperPro wrote:I found some more pictures of that excellent Griffith/Gattsu cosplay.

http://mizu-art.deviantart.com/art/Bers ... 4-79000413
Everything except the person, yes. :P
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

I've been wondering for several years on how to do a good Berserk cosplay. I think I may have found a solution for this year. I know this probably wont happen but its like a 50/50 shot of me making it as its semi-easy. I'm planning on going to Otakon this year, which is in August.

Now the question is do you guys want to know what it is, or should I post after the convention?
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

lon3vvolf wrote:I've been wondering for several years on how to do a good Berserk cosplay. I think I may have found a solution for this year. I know this probably wont happen but its like a 50/50 shot of me making it as its semi-easy. I'm planning on going to Otakon this year, which is in August.

Now the question is do you guys want to know what it is, or should I post after the convention?
I wouldn't mind hearing now.
madonnalal
notanewb

Post by madonnalal »

Seeing as though I'll be at Otakon, I'll probably want to keep an eye out for it, so it would be nice to know what I might see there.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Alrighty, so I am planning on doing a Gats costume. However its not going to be anything you might expect. Call me lazy...

I'm going for simplicity here, its right before the eclipse:

I'll probably end up buying most of the stuff, however this isn't enough, I really want to do the Gats costume from when the eclipse is happening:

Just have to figure out how to make that demon horn, gain about 10 lbs of muscle, and lose about 6% body fat. I'm at 16.5 right now. If I get down to 10 I should be alright. I'd go bare-chested if I can get that done. The waxing might kill me though :shock: But it will be all worth it. A demon horn, gallons of fake blood splattered on me, acing all crazy :mrgreen: . Opinions, advice how to make all that stuff?

ps. my writing sucks right now cuz I licked and uncooked chicken last night and got sick. Well not really, but I ate some chicken that wasn't fully cooked and was hacking up all types of blood and guts the entire night.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

hmmm very nice idea. For the horn you could make it out of a block of wood quite easily if you have access to a lathe. Although that'd have to be one really long lathe or maybe just make it out of 2 pieces and put it together somehow.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

That guy who does the griffith captures the gay part perfectly. Props.
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

You could totally make the horn out of a shit load of varying sizes of paper cups with a dowel rod in the middle! It will be light, easy to make, and if you cover it with paper mache will have that realistic textured look and be really sturdy!

Oh yeah, to Dagda Mor, I'll make your Serpico costume free of charge if you think about doing the Sakuracon cosplay contest. I really want my stuff to be judged, you understand, and skits are easier with two people. And no worries, no acting or even talking is required.
madonnalal
notanewb

Post by madonnalal »

lon3vvolf wrote:
Just have to figure out how to make that demon horn, gain about 10 lbs of muscle, and lose about 6% body fat. I'm at 16.5 right now. If I get down to 10 I should be alright. I'd go bare-chested if I can get that done. The waxing might kill me though :shock: But it will be all worth it. A demon horn, gallons of fake blood splattered on me, acing all crazy :mrgreen: . Opinions, advice how to make all that stuff?
Wow, you're really going all out for this. Cool! Best of luck to you!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Shit Lonewolf, at this point you should just save yourself the trouble and go as Gatts when he had to lay naked with Casca to keep her warm. :P
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Starnum wrote:Shit Lonewolf, at this point you should just save yourself the trouble and go as Gatts when he had to lay naked with Casca to keep her warm. :P
A good idea in theory, but then they might not let him through the hotel doors and into the con. :lol: