Berserk 295

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Re: Berserk 295

Post by TheDrizzit »

I must say though, this guy is the ugliest apostle I've seen aside from Wyald.....of course, that guy was just horny
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

thedavemc wrote:I was wondering: I usually use Mangahelpers to check for new issues, I notice this hasn't been posted on there. Is this intentional or do you just not bother with that site? Do you mind if I post a link to the torrent file/this site?
MangaHelpers isn't, and never was, one of our primary distribution channels. As far as I know we ourselves have never posted our scanlations there, nor given our explicit consent for anyone else to post them. You get the chapters either from here (though we usually list the torrents on TokyoTosho and the like) or our IRC channel.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

*sigh* I wonder if I'll ever live to see the end of this manga.
"Context is for Kings"
Ollie
imanewbie

Post by Ollie »

ANOTHER break?

Damn. Miura is such a cocktease.
thedavemc
imanewbie

Post by thedavemc »

Holy god damn that was a good chapter. Thanks :)
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

It'll be interesting to see just exactly how much demony goodness Griffith retained when he was reborn into the material world. It seems like he must've gotten at least something of a downgrade, considering that when Guts and Casca ran into him on the Hill of Swords, their brands bled a bit, but nothing like the blood geyser that Guts experienced when he encountered Griffith in full-on Femto mode. For that matter, that little bit of bleeding could also be explained by Zodd's presence: it's possible that Griffith gave up much of his personal supernatural power (although not authority) when he made the switch back to being (or at least appearing) human.
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

hbi2k wrote:It'll be interesting to see just exactly how much demony goodness Griffith retained when he was reborn into the material world. It seems like he must've gotten at least something of a downgrade, considering that when Guts and Casca ran into him on the Hill of Swords, their brands bled a bit, but nothing like the blood geyser that Guts experienced when he encountered Griffith in full-on Femto mode. For that matter, that little bit of bleeding could also be explained by Zodd's presence: it's possible that Griffith gave up much of his personal supernatural power (although not authority) when he made the switch back to being (or at least appearing) human.
Maybe. Although keep in mind the fact that all the other God's Hand members were also around the first time we see Guts meet Femto. So that might have had something to do with the reaction (as sort of a background evil level already high, then amplified by getting close to Femto deal). Just a thought on my part, but it seemed worth at least thinking about.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Do you think Griffith's and Charlotte's presumably future baby will be an ugly demon thing, or horribly beautiful and deadly like Griffith? As we've seen before that guy's got some volatlie sperm. Just imagining Charlotte carrying it to term gives me shudders. And before anyone says it won't happen, it will because Charlotte's a queen and she needs to keep the royal bloodline going, even if Griffith is immortal.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I assume Miura needs the time off to properly do the next few chapters. It's gonna be a bombshell kids. ;)
Wib
imanewbie

Post by Wib »

Thank you my friend.
malice
imanewbie

Post by malice »

Well, there goes Wyndham.. As powerful looking as Ganishka is, there better be some difficulty on Griffith's part to overcome him. :-/

Thanks for the great chapter guys.
azn_l10n
imanewbie

Post by azn_l10n »

I'm hoping for some major Apostle deaths here...

Let's see...
who are the major Apostles...

See, I know this doesn't belong here but I'll now post my thoughts on who's fighting who from each side...so that I have a basis for who dies...
I DO believe that Silat and Gatts will fight together, not because of an actual promise from Gatts or Warrior's honour or anything...
But Silat does have a beef with the ex-bakiraka apostle...so I believe that they'll be the ones confronting each other in the course of the story...
So...
Gatts...Caska...their Child...vs Griffith...
Gatts vs. Zodd...
Farnese vs. Locus...I believe her magics would allow her to somehow avoid his strengths of speed...furthermore he's calvary and the bramble weeds have displayed some use against beasts...this is a very very weak theory...
Serpico vs. Irvine...This one I believe to be a strong face off as Serpico's ability to use wind would help against arrows and his use of wind attacks keep him at long distance as well...
Isidoro vs. Grunbeld...More of an expectation...somebody so small and wanting a name will probably take on somebody so big...and having a legend behind him...furthermore...they have the same element yet Grunbeld has been shown to be stopped by fire...this is again a weak theory....
Schierke vs. the rest of the band with powerful magics...
Silat vs. Rakshas as said above...

So I am hoping that the death of Grunbeld or Locus will happen in this fight with Ganishka as the removal of a major apostle would be a major loss to Griffith (as if he would care) and would seem reasonable of a loss...and would not take away from my dream fights between zodd/griffith/irvine/and rakshas vs. respective members...

Seriously though...Ganishka is now presumably the most powerful apostle...not a God HAND...but an apostle...
And my Theory of Griffith not making mince meat of Ganishka in the last combat...was somewhat accurate...I was wrong about Ganishka hurting Griffith but the fight didn't happen so easily...

I just wonder if the old sorcerer with his intrigue with Gatts and the lost of his Emperor would aid Gatts in the removal of the new evil power in the world...
he does seem to have some sort of honor/desire to fight for "good" (albeit the good is for his kingdom and kind)
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

Istvan wrote:Maybe. Although keep in mind the fact that all the other God's Hand members were also around the first time we see Guts meet Femto. So that might have had something to do with the reaction (as sort of a background evil level already high, then amplified by getting close to Femto deal). Just a thought on my part, but it seemed worth at least thinking about.
Fair point, I hadn't considered that. I guess I also kind of hope that Griffith got a bit of a downgrade when he turned human again just because it's the only way I can see Guts ever standing a chance in hell against him, and man I want him to go down so BAD. (-:
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Better late than never (=teh me). Thanks EG and Miura-san. It's a rotten cliffhanger, but a great setup.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

Wow, this was a great chapter! Thank you EG!!

I was re-reading last few volumes, and was quite a bit surprised at this: chapter 291, page 11. It was one of the chapters I read very quickly and completely forgot about it. And just as I hoped Ganishka could put up some battle now, seems like it was all preordained...
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Speaking of fights, I wouldn't mind seeing another Caska vs. Guts. Those are always funny...It reminds me of watching my beagle puppy fight my almost full grown pit/lab mix.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Some people here have already assumed that Griffith's army will fight Ganishka. I think thats not going to happen.

Why? Because that would go against the classical model of medieval hero's tale, which Griffith seems to be following by the letter.
The lone entrance in the mythical monster's lair is a common thread in this kind of tale, and to involve his army in the fight would somehow downgrade the legendary aura he is trying to create around him. I am aware that his very presence gives everyone surrounding him a feeling of eerieness, but, for the ones that have never met him, he is going to need to build that fame.

Besides, its not like Ganishka poses a real threat to Griffith. He is going to kick Ganishka's ass, and I find it very unlikely that he will have to expose his true form to accomplish that.

PD: Someone said something about the logic of berserk ending there. You should have noted that she said "the logic of this world" is ending. That doesn't mean anything to Griffith and his Aposltes, because they are already beyond our layer of existence.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

hbi2k wrote:
Istvan wrote:Maybe. Although keep in mind the fact that all the other God's Hand members were also around the first time we see Guts meet Femto. So that might have had something to do with the reaction (as sort of a background evil level already high, then amplified by getting close to Femto deal). Just a thought on my part, but it seemed worth at least thinking about.
Fair point, I hadn't considered that. I guess I also kind of hope that Griffith got a bit of a downgrade when he turned human again just because it's the only way I can see Guts ever standing a chance in hell against him, and man I want him to go down so BAD. (-:
Valid enough. Keep in mind though, no matter how powerful he is, the fact that Griffith is in the real world now means that he can be killed (whereas in the abyss he really couldn't), as his targetting of Flora demonstrates. And Guts does have a sword which can kill even God's Hand members. Even if Guts could never win in a fair fight, if Griffith makes a single big mistake it could still be "game over" for him.
PD: Someone said something about the logic of berserk ending there. You should have noted that she said "the logic of this world" is ending. That doesn't mean anything to Griffith and his Aposltes, because they are already beyond our layer of existence.
Exactly. I took that more to mean the logic of the world as it had been, so the process of combining the physical and astral worlds that has begun since Griffith's return has started to reach a critical juncture, and the Emperor's action has speeded the process.
Jian Wen Yi
imanewbie

Post by Jian Wen Yi »

Interesting Chapter, thanks. 'Hell on Earth' would have been a good name for it.

Griffiths expression near the end is quite interesting. It's difficult to tell whether he is indifferent, pleased or slightly annoyed at this development.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

I wonder what color griffith's eyes are now...didn't they used to be blue?? i wonder if they are like a crazy fire color or purple or still blue??
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Holy crap... I just ran across this article stating a 2nd season of Berserk is coming out!

Here is the link to the site!

Wow this is incredible :nosebleed:
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Ha ha! I should've checked the amount of people who saw that video before today, that way I could get an estimate of how many people got Rick Rolled on April Fool's.

Currently it's 8,977,781. Let's see if it changes.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Gwarrior
imanewbie

Post by Gwarrior »

Ganishka has to be atleast a hundred times stronger then he once was. That means any ordinary apostle or number of them would be futile. He easily took them down when Zodd attacked him. I highly doubt Griffith would waste troops on him.
This message is brought to you by the Infrequent Posters Union.
Arcandus
notanewb

Post by Arcandus »

lon3vvolf wrote:Holy crap... I just ran across this article stating a 2nd season of Berserk is coming out!

Here is the link to the site!

Wow this is incredible :nosebleed:
I didnt expect that, but anyway, its amazing.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Just read it. Woo, awesome chapter. Gashnika surely is one hell of a bastard. That's gonna be a big fight indeed.