Berserk 294 - Exodus

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Re: Berserk 294 - Exodus

Post by Buuhan1 »

Thanks for this and the last chapter, too. I shall enjoy your hard work.
I think Guts is a pretty cool guy, eh kills shit an doesn't afraid of anything.
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

Wow, the Idea of Bakiraka and Gutts together... I just can't wait to see what happens :D
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

(Taken from another translation to better make a point)

Huh. And just like that, Silat goes from skilled mook to a wild card and verifiable badass. Great to see Berserk continuing its long tradition of slow, constant character development; it's always been one of my favorite things about the series.

And this isn't by me, but I had to post it:
Sorry if the right sides of these images get cut off due to their size.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Chaos_Wanderer wrote:
This could be a foreshadowing of a possible allegiance between Silat's Bakirka clan and the company Guts is slowly building.
Thats what i thought too. And also, Silat is also one of the only characters that recognizes Guts, and has some memory of his role as a Hawk. Don't forget, he was almost as famous as Griffith once, so i wonder if his lack of presence will be noticed by any of the Lords.
Maybe not. Given everything else that happened, it wouldn't be surprising if Owen had concluded that Guts was still working for Griffith after the events in the Vatican city. This wasn't actually shown, but it would be a reasonable conclusion for him to have made.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Istvan wrote:
Chaos_Wanderer wrote:
This could be a foreshadowing of a possible allegiance between Silat's Bakirka clan and the company Guts is slowly building.
Thats what i thought too. And also, Silat is also one of the only characters that recognizes Guts, and has some memory of his role as a Hawk. Don't forget, he was almost as famous as Griffith once, so i wonder if his lack of presence will be noticed by any of the Lords.
Are we to assume Laban and Owen are ghey for one another? Why that would have never occured to me......
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Azrael
notanewb

Post by Azrael »

Wow, didn't expect the next chapter to be out this quick! Go Muira!

Thank you again, EG crew!
"For you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly."
- From Alan Moore's The Watchmen
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Thanks again guys.

Woot! Silat is so cool. He's like on side C, where Griffith is B and Guts is A. From this point forward he might go with Guts, because he doesn't seem to like Griffith. But Guts might not want to go with him, remembering their other encounter. It's interesting to see Owen and Raban too. I always thought Raban was interesting for an almost extra in the anime. I was just waiting for Owen to reveal that Guts' past to his new group, I was kinda disappointed when he didn't.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The Herald wrote:Thanks again guys.

Woot! Silat is so cool. He's like on side C, where Griffith is B and Guts is A. From this point forward he might go with Guts, because he doesn't seem to like Griffith. But Guts might not want to go with him, remembering their other encounter.
Don't forget the Emperor, he's a side as well (for a little while longer).

I don't really see Guts as being so petty as to refuse to work with Silat just because of their past encounters. I mean, sure they were enemies, but it's not like anything really extreme happened between them, to make them enemies for life. If anything, I see the problem as being that Guts can't provide the home and security the clan needs, and so having nothing to offer them in an alliance.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, love that edit of Raban and Owen, classic. I gotta hand it to that Silat as well, he's a pimp.
madonnalal
notanewb

Post by madonnalal »

Aeriel wrote:Wow, the Idea of Bakiraka and Gutts together... I just can't wait to see what happens :D
I don't really see that happening, especially since Silat seems to hate Gutts so much. However, if that did end up happening... Oh shit, that''d be totally awesome OMG wow.
Azrael
notanewb

Post by Azrael »

Istvan wrote:

Woot! Silat is so cool. He's like on side C, where Griffith is B and Guts is A. From this point forward he might go with Guts, because he doesn't seem to like Griffith. But Guts might not want to go with him, remembering their other encounter.

I don't really see Guts as being so petty as to refuse to work with Silat just because of their past encounters. I mean, sure they were enemies, but it's not like anything really extreme happened between them, to make them enemies for life. If anything, I see the problem as being that Guts can't provide the home and security the clan needs, and so having nothing to offer them in an alliance.
I agree, Guts honestly brushed off their first encounter as a friendly rivalry, and their second, though Silat was attacking the Hawks, was by no means fueled by a bloodlust for Guts.
I would think, that if anything, Silat would be less likely to work with Gats because of his defeats.
"For you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly."
- From Alan Moore's The Watchmen
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Azrael wrote:
Istvan wrote:

I agree, Guts honestly brushed off their first encounter as a friendly rivalry, and their second, though Silat was attacking the Hawks, was by no means fueled by a bloodlust for Guts.
I would think, that if anything, Silat would be less likely to work with Gats because of his defeats.
I could see that, but again I don't really see Silat as being quite that petty. I don't think he holds much of a grudge, and it's clear that he respects Guts a lot. Also, I think he's too practical to let such things get in the way (look at his comments in this last chapter). For me the biggest problem for them teaming up continues to be practical: Guts just can't offer/supply what the clan needs.
citanuzuki666
notanewb

Post by citanuzuki666 »

295 preview is here

dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Man the artwork on that tower is downright masterful!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
BigSassy
Mastered PM

Post by BigSassy »

Damn, that's awesome. Seeing how beautiful the art almost makes the long waits worth it.
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

Well get ready for another one. After this chapter (295, which we are working on now), the next release won't be for another 2 months =(
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Wandering_Mystic wrote:Well get ready for another one. After this chapter (295, which we are working on now), the next release won't be for another 2 months =(
Thanks for the hard work as always. 2 months? Why why WHY? Someone put me in suspended animation after this release? Please?
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

Well get ready for another one. After this chapter (295, which we are working on now), the next release won't be for another 2 months =(
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I think Miura should start using computers or something.

thanks anyway, EG
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Wandering_Mystic wrote:Well get ready for another one. After this chapter (295, which we are working on now), the next release won't be for another 2 months =(
I knew the rate of one every two weeks was too good to continue, but I'd hoped it would last a little longer than just three chapters.

Oh well. So it goes.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

SHIT!........Just when I was starting to think life was worth living.....
If anyone needs me I will be joining Space Ace in the attic........

Or may be I will just take a bath with my new ducky.....

One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
thedavemc
imanewbie

Post by thedavemc »

Remember when Guts called Silat a 'circus fighter'? :)

Silat shows intellgence here, he's leaving his options open. If he stopped them he would make an enemy of Griffith, letting them go is a betrayal of the Emperor, but there's no one around to see it. He's positioning himself for the best outcome for his clan depending on how the fight plays out. I think he may end up being forced to choose between his clan's security and 'fighting the good fight' with Guts.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

My mind is a bit fuzzy about Silat and Guts encounter but does Silat even know that Guts wants Griffiths head on a stick?

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Thanks for the chapter guys great work as always... hope Mystic is feeling better and all :D

[spoiler]anyway I thought it was hilarous the way foss bowed down right away in the presence of Griffith or is he just the hawk now???[/spoiler]

oh and Loeviz he could know if he was paying attention to Guts during Griffiths rebirth... but I doubt he was because everyone was focused on Griffith :evil:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
thedavemc
imanewbie

Post by thedavemc »

What would Griffith say if one of his new Midland nobility chums asked him "whatever happened to the captain of your raiders?"
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

"he's still around, though no longer in my employ" is probably what griffith would say
Bow to Golbez