Berserk 293 - The Silent Dark

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Azrael
notanewb

Re: Berserk 293 - The Silent Dark

Post by Azrael »

thankk you guys VERY much for all the hard work. :D
"For you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly."
- From Alan Moore's The Watchmen
jistanidiot
imanewbie

Post by jistanidiot »

Facade19 wrote: As always, you Guys (and girls???) ROCK!!!
I'm sure there are no girls in teh Intarwebs tubes.
Omnideus
imanewbie

Post by Omnideus »

As always, thank you for your hard work. It is much appreciated. Since coming to E.G. I can't go anywhere else. Your translations are more than worth any potential wait.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Thanks EG. Now my morning is good.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

This chapter breaks the previous record of naked chicks per single page. No complaints from me

great job EG, I hope Mystic is well.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

hey thanx and all but i keep getting a media file for some reason, any ideas on what to do?
uncempt
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by uncempt »

I guess you're trying to open the rar in RealPlayer or something? It's actually an archive of image files. You need to download a programme to extract or read it. Try winrar or CDisplay
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

The preview for 294 is out, titled "Exodus"

Expect a translation out later this week soon after the raw is circulated ;)
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

Wow, that was quick! Thanks for the effort guys!

Looks like another display of massive armies on the horizon :-)
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Well, given that preview, now we know what Miura needed the break to draw. This should be really good, I'm looking forward to it.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Thanks a million guys. You really do bend over backwards for this project. Though, man this chapter has my head spinning. It felt like everything thing that happened came right outta left field with all of the chicks in the prison. But I am happy to see a gothic church that resembles the Notre Dame.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Istvan wrote:Well, given that preview, now we know what Miura needed the break to draw. This should be really good, I'm looking forward to it.
I can't wait for the scans of the next chapter. The level of detail applied to some of these scenes is remarkable. Its easy sometimes to overlook Miura's work as an "artist". Because I am so interested in the storyline and focused on how things are playing out, I am guilty as anyone in taking for granted the body of Miura's work in its entirety.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Yea nothing beats when you're drawing anything and you get so crazed with the detail that when people just see it and go "hey that's nice!" you get pissed!! You want them to sit down, take out like a magnifying glass and check out everything. EVERYTHING!!! but no one does... I haven't drawn in a long time, but I remember all of that. Hahaha what's funner is when you see a mistake, but no one else sees it. You will get mad that they don't see it. I love drawing hahahaha!!!
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

TheDrizzit wrote: Hahaha what's funner is when you see a mistake, but no one else sees it. You will get mad that they don't see it. I love drawing hahahaha!!!
Maybe for you, or most other artists, this is a problem. However, I deny that Miura's art has such things as "mistakes." You should bow before the master that is Miura.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

I never said he made mistakes... i was just talking about myself. Shit, I'm not a professional... ^_^
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

Istvan wrote:
TheDrizzit wrote: Hahaha what's funner is when you see a mistake, but no one else sees it. You will get mad that they don't see it. I love drawing hahahaha!!!
Maybe for you, or most other artists, this is a problem. However, I deny that Miura's art has such things as "mistakes." You should bow before the master that is Miura.
To imply that Miura is a master is to imply that he is at the peak of his talents, or cannot excel any further. If you take a look at the first few volumes his work isn't exactly that admirable, it might even look sloppy to most, but through the evolution of Berserk his technique has become more refined, his art more detailed and precise. Look how much more consistently he's drawing characters? How much more consistently he's drawing the dragonslayer. No I believe you would be downgrading Miura by calling him a master, implying that he has -mastery- of his work, or is at the apex of his abilities. I would love to see his technique continue to grow, as it has, over the past volumes.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
Turd Ferguson
notanewb

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Istvan wrote:
Actually, I've noted a few very minute mistakes throughout the manga, the only one I can remember at the moment being that Skull Knight's "nose" is sometimes drawn "upsidedown."

Of course, it might just be this isn't a mistake and was done intentionally, and the orientation of Skully's nose has a subtle yet important influence on the Berserk Universe, the nature of which we'll find out later in an expertly tied up plot thread.
My stream of conciousness flows into a river of blood.
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

Turd Ferguson wrote:Of course, it might just be this isn't a mistake and was done intentionally, and the orientation of Skully's nose has a subtle yet important influence on the Berserk Universe, the nature of which we'll find out later in an expertly tied up plot thread.
Or it may happen when Miura does a chapter explaining the importance of the nose orientation, he realises that the revelation would uncover too much, and discards the chapter. Then we get The Lost Chapter II.

Ya, I know. Stupid theories thread. :)

BTW, long time no see, Istvan :wink:
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

Hi Aeriel, long time no see :)

I see from your signature that you have converted to one true religion too. We'll get our strippers and beer volcanoes in heaven, I'm telling you.

RAmen!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Aeriel wrote:
Turd Ferguson wrote:Of course, it might just be this isn't a mistake and was done intentionally, and the orientation of Skully's nose has a subtle yet important influence on the Berserk Universe, the nature of which we'll find out later in an expertly tied up plot thread.
Or it may happen when Miura does a chapter explaining the importance of the nose orientation, he realises that the revelation would uncover too much, and discards the chapter. Then we get The Lost Chapter II.

Ya, I know. Stupid theories thread. :)

BTW, long time no see, Istvan :wink:
Nice to hear from you again, Aeriel. You just vanished before, I was wondering what happened to you. Nothing bad, I hope?
To imply that Miura is a master is to imply that he is at the peak of his talents, or cannot excel any further. If you take a look at the first few volumes his work isn't exactly that admirable, it might even look sloppy to most, but through the evolution of Berserk his technique has become more refined, his art more detailed and precise. Look how much more consistently he's drawing characters? How much more consistently he's drawing the dragonslayer. No I believe you would be downgrading Miura by calling him a master, implying that he has -mastery- of his work, or is at the apex of his abilities. I would love to see his technique continue to grow, as it has, over the past volumes.
Two points. First, I never said that Miura had reached the peak of his abilities, or that his art was "perfect," and so couldn't be improved upon. I just said that it didn't have any actual "mistakes." There's a difference. Even masters can still improve (indeed, any master worthy of the name would never stop seeking to get better). Second, I was not being entirely serious, as I thought would have been obvious from the statement itself.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ffft, ever heard of a grandmaster? :P

Wait, skeletons don’t have noses. :?

Oh, and one time Shisho showed us a pic where Gatts had like a nine-pack, which is an odd number, thus shouldn’t really be possible. :P

Oh, but on a serious note, the art of Berserk has gotten better over the years, but the first few volumes were far from sloppy. The art in Berserk has always been great. The first few volumes are nothing to shake a stick at.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

uncempt wrote:I guess you're trying to open the rar in RealPlayer or something? It's actually an archive of image files. You need to download a programme to extract or read it. Try winrar or CDisplay
yeah I downloaded winrar and i still cant get access it shows up as a torrent file and when i try to convert it to a rar file I only get code, and I've no clue where to place the code so I can read it.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The hell man? It shouldn't be that hard. It's showing up as a torrent file? Are you sure you finished DL'ing it? You have to actually download it with bittorrent, not just click on the link and save it. That will only save the torrent link, not the file. So yeah, try fully downloading it again or something. It should show up as a zip file when it's done, not a torrent file.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

ok thanks i was clicking on the link lol I wasn't sure at all how the hell to get the download.
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

42ndEndOfTheWorld wrote:Hi Aeriel, long time no see :)

I see from your signature that you have converted to one true religion too. We'll get our strippers and beer volcanoes in heaven, I'm telling you.

RAmen!
Yes, I know Brother! Glory to the FSM! RAmen!

Istvan wrote:Nice to hear from you again, Aeriel. You just vanished before, I was wondering what happened to you. Nothing bad, I hope?
A combination of events, some of which I cannot remember now. Not very pleasant ones, but not that bad either. Thanks for minding :)