Berserk chapter: 290

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

jistanidiot
imanewbie

Re: Berserk chapter: 290

Post by jistanidiot »

The Herald wrote: Also, do you think Isidro will ever get his normal hearing back? That was so funny that he lost his hearing because of the cannons.
Actually I've always wondered about this, what would they have used for hearing protection back then? When I go to the range my little 9mm handgun is pretty loud even with earplugs. So i don't want to imagine what a cannon sounds like. Shouldn't all the sailors be deaf?

Oh and I've just recovered from thinking about berserk == he-man, so forgive me if I sound more like an idiot than usual.
Seraph
imanewbie

Post by Seraph »

by the power of the armor i have the powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :kekeke:
Chuck Norris was originally offered the role as Frodo in Lord of the Rings. He declined because, "Only a pussy would need three movies to destroy a piece of jewelery
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Seraph wrote:by the power of the armor i have the powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :kekeke:

Laugh all you want, but it doesn't take a soothayer to see how Miura drew his inspiration for his characters from the famous He-Man anime. :roll:

For Example:

An image clearly depicting Miura's inspiration for Griffith, Puck, and Guts respectively.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

No, Guts should sleep like a creepy little dwarf man after spending his days spinning gold from hay and stealing babies ...

When you caught me, and I didn't myself, I laughed for ten minutes man :kekeke: I did mean Rip Van Winkle. I think I first read them both in the same story book, and their names do sound familiar. Well, whatever, Guts should go into a coma of faerie tale proportions. He's been awake for three years, let him sleep for three years. Then Isidro will finally be older and stop being such a brat. Though, that would only make him more of a perv ... meh, at least Shierke would be hot. And hey, is there anything to come of the little crush that Isidro has on Shierke?
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

jistanidiot wrote:
The Herald wrote: Also, do you think Isidro will ever get his normal hearing back? That was so funny that he lost his hearing because of the cannons.
Actually I've always wondered about this, what would they have used for hearing protection back then? When I go to the range my little 9mm handgun is pretty loud even with earplugs. So i don't want to imagine what a cannon sounds like. Shouldn't all the sailors be deaf?
Most of them would go deaf within a very short time. Lot's of sailors didn't have anything to protect their hearing, and even the lucky ones only had wads of cotton (or cloth) to shove in their ears.
Seraph
imanewbie

Post by Seraph »

ok i see your he man pic,i like to keep a open mind i not saying it is possible i not saying it is not possible i just saying maybe just maybe.....dramatic music....he thought about it :shock:
Chuck Norris was originally offered the role as Frodo in Lord of the Rings. He declined because, "Only a pussy would need three movies to destroy a piece of jewelery
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Yay! Only another week before the new chapter!
ghostdog
imanewbie

Post by ghostdog »

The Prince wrote:
Seraph wrote:by the power of the armor i have the powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :kekeke:

Laugh all you want, but it doesn't take a soothayer to see how Miura drew his inspiration for his characters from the famous He-Man anime. :roll:

For Example:

An image clearly depicting Miura's inspiration for Griffith, Puck, and Guts respectively.
:LOL: :LOL: :worship: That was a good one !

Erm... I hope you're just joking and you don't actually believe that stuff :P
Arcandus
notanewb

Post by Arcandus »

rstyrstyy wrote:How can I get direct download

huahuahuahuauhauh this will be funny, just waiting the admin answer.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

From what I have heard, in past times that question would have meant Flaming, Banning and an eternity of suffering for him, but nowadays Mods show more tolerance towards stupidity and Newbieness.
I think he is just gonna be flamed a little and then, thanks to the power of phpBB, his post will magically teleport to the newbies thread.

Its just a guess though, he could suffer an old style flame bath if the Admin feels like it.

You should pray for Psi s or Eldo s benevolence Direct download guy.

Pray.... :stupid:
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Well being new to something is one thing. Being stupid is another thing. Posting the same message with the same typos in almost every Berserk thread is only one thing: freaking annoying. Not reading any of the stickied threads in the forum just tops the cake.

I for one am looking forward to the sacrifice... um.. flaming I mean :D
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Posts deleted, user was banned, and no... EG will never provide direct downloads.

Now you may find something you like in the Interstice, but *shrugs* you done fucked up.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I smell pwnt...too bad I missed it. :P
Seraph
imanewbie

Post by Seraph »

guys berserks raw is out
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yes, we know. Check the rules, we don't post raws here.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Hey Starnum, what is your avatar? Looks like Sauron in LOTR 1 opening scene (of course I am talking about the movie).

About the DDL guy..... some flaming would have been awesome to watch, but I guess banning him is way more cruel, though its not as bloody or entertaining.

I will pray for his poor condemned soul.... :stupid:
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
stonecold
imanewbie

Post by stonecold »

Rolos wrote:Hey Starnum, what is your avatar? Looks like Sauron in LOTR 1 opening scene (of course I am talking about the movie).

About
the DDL guy..... some flaming would have been awesome to watch, but I
guess banning him is way more cruel, though its not as bloody or
entertaining.

I will pray for his poor condemned soul.... :stupid:
Rolos, Starnum's avatar should be Karas from the anime Karas. Check it out for some cool cg fighting scene. :D
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

whur canz i gots the direktz dunlods plz? k thx

:kekeke:
tosh
imanewbie

Post by tosh »

Abouth He-man. Is it only me that noticed that the overpowered main character is very "arian" and has a fucking iron cross on his little...armor...thing? :?
It's all very third reich actually..
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Rolos wrote:Hey Starnum, what is your avatar? Looks like Sauron in LOTR 1 opening scene (of course I am talking about the movie).
Yeah, the avatar is of Hoshinin Eko, a badass Karas. Awesome series, only 6 episode OAV, check it out.
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

and finally both volumes are out on dvd... they released it as two hour and a half movies rather than 2 dvds with 3 episodes each... the thing that annoyed me was they released them like 2 years apart. It was kind of frustrating for a while...

Thanks EG for taking your time on the new chapter... Berserk is always worth a patient wait. :)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

We prefer to bring you the best product that we can, even if that takes a little extra time. Afterall, it's for us just as much as you, or at least I feel that way. ;)
Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Post by Buuhan1 »

I've scanlated before, and I feel that scanlating largely takes away the pleasure of reading the chapter, cause you know what's going on at the same time you're working on it. But I guess if you knew Japanese that wouldn't be a problem as you'd read the chapter before working on it.
I think Guts is a pretty cool guy, eh kills shit an doesn't afraid of anything.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:We prefer to bring you the best product that we can, even if that takes a little extra time. Afterall, it's for us just as much as you, or at least I feel that way. ;)
I admittingly couldn't wait any longer and hold out, as I usually do. But looking at the other translations, the quality is night and day. If anything, it allowed one such as myself to realize and appreciate the extent and effort you guys put into your scans and translations. In a way what you do is an art in itself. As always looking forward to its release so we can have all whole new source of content discuss Berserk till our hears content.

Funny, as I almost enjoy talking about the new content, as much as reading it.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I just have to ask, do you guys edit the sentances to make them sound better in English? If you do, then kudos, because if it's in English it may as well be grammatically correct. And Berserk isn't Japanese looking at all, so having Japanese words looks kind of silly. Though, when it's a dork like Adon, then it's okay because he is the epitomy of silly.

P.S. Woot! 100th post :thumbsup: