Berserk Cosplay

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Re: Berserk Cosplay

Post by Istvan »

I don't think using an eyepatch is such a big deal, since he had one on in the prototype. I mean, I wonder why it was taken out in the first place. Heh, what's wrong with a good ole eyepatch?
At a guess, Miura thought the eyepatch made Guts look too much like a pirate. Personally, I think Guts looks better without the eyepatch, but it's a fairly minor point, and that guy did such an awesome job of cosplaying Guts that I wouldn't hold an eyepatch against him.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

accidental pirate? look at alita at the end of the orig series with a peg leg and only one eye.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I am a costume designer and I fell in love with the character design of Roderick the first time I saw him. It has to be the big coat, but he also has those cool side burns. Anyways, I want to know what color his coat is, because I want to make it, does anyone know where I could figure that out?
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

id look at berserk chronicles. they have loads of images but i was so awesome and looked for you but found nothing. i dont think i have seen any orig colors from the manga either.
i found this:http://skullknight.net/encyclopedia/ava ... derick.gif
but its just an ava from skull knight.

i would say this is a case where you must guess. roderick's class and the implied textures of Miura's art should give a sufficient hypothesis...

looking at volume 30 in my hands i would of course say that the top is a white fur, then maybe the rest is... i want to say brown, but even a nice brown doesnt suit his class. so because of the lined texture it seems to have. maybe even a red with black lines? im going to say warm colors..brown red maybe? maybe even something lighter like a gold or bronze?...hmm maybe im not so good at this. but i tired at least.

hopefully that helped a little. sorry!

oh!
are you going to ax or comic con?

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I'm making Desert Punk for Sakuracon in Seattle and then most likely Roderick for Anime Evolution in Vancouver. Though, I may not get around to it because I don't think Roderick's in English yet. No one would know who I was. They'd think I was Gilder from Skies of Arcadia or something. I want to do the coat he wears in normal life, the pirate looking coat. You see, he's Sicilian, so I was thinking dark blue because of that. The English have a monopoly on red. Thanks a lot for your help. Though, this year, I think I'm going to do Salazar from Resident Evil 4 and his right and left hand men (my nine year old sister as Salazar) But, as a costuming student, doing a Sicilian sea captain from the early 15th century would be awesome.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

yeah, i get what you're saying. i agree that nobody would know who you are. your costumes sound fun, i hope you have a great time!
ZiMaze
imanewbie

Post by ZiMaze »

Hi there!^^ I'm a little new on the forum, but I've started reading berserk a long time ago, it's not really popular here, at the world's other end, but yesterday I saw a really awsome cosplay at out animecon:
[img]http://angels_den.extra.hu/shoyo/berserkcost.jpg[/img]

The detailes were awsome, and it war Real armor (Griffith's was 32 kilos @_@) and Gutt's sword was made out of wood. The pic I took really dosent make justice on them, it was really cool to have them there at the con :D
[img]http://angels_den.extra.hu/sign.jpg[/img]
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Those armors are wicked sick! Must have been a real task to produce them.
ZiMaze
imanewbie

Post by ZiMaze »

If I remember correctly, Griffith's was made for allmost a year, Gutt's a half year or so. And wearing it the whole day must have been a task too ^^"
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Now that is dedication. Totally bad ass. Also, welcome to the forum!
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

Oh wow, the dude cosplaying Griffith even has lipstick. Talk about details! :lol:
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Post by Buuhan1 »

Holy crap! That's amazing! Truly amazing! But..am I the only one bothered that the Guts is smaller than the Griffith? (I don't think it's just cause his knees are bent either)
I think Guts is a pretty cool guy, eh kills shit an doesn't afraid of anything.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Thats about the best Berserk cosplay I've ever seen. Wonder how much, and how big, that DS was.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

HOLY FUUUUUUCK! that is awesome. i wish i could have met them... fuck. that griffith better be at more cons in 08. that is SO fucking good. it looks so perfect. given guys (even cosplayers) have trouble with make up but his isnt so bad, and the armor is breath taking!thanks for the picture!
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Fuji Nagase wrote:HOLY FUUUUUUCK! that is awesome. i wish i could have met them... fuck. that griffith better be at more cons in 08. that is SO fucking good. it looks so perfect. given guys (even cosplayers) have trouble with make up but his isnt so bad, and the armor is breath taking!thanks for the picture!
Dude looks gheyer than the real Griffith. Might as well go all out and bleach that hair, and some collagen injections.

IMO I would make the perfect Gutz.....as I'm hansome, buff, and half-japenese, and have a new kitten named Guts. I've also been told by my female counterparts that I carry a huge sword. :smoken:
Let's put a smile on that face...............
ZiMaze
imanewbie

Post by ZiMaze »

The Prince wrote:Dude looks gheyer than the real Griffith.
hehe, actually he was perfectly 'normal' (yeah, as normal as he can be in that armorXD) when we talked, The truly amazing thing was to me that they could get in that armor in less than 20 minutes :lol: It's a shame they didnt won the cosplay contest, as far as I know :(
lon3vvolf wrote:Wonder how much, and how big, that DS was.
I think it was as big as in the manga, scaled down to the cosplayer's height. I didnt even dare touch it XD
Buuhan1 wrote:am I the only one bothered that the Guts is smaller than the Griffith?
It WAS strange, but we cant really blame someone for his heigth^^"
psi29a wrote:Also, welcome to the forum!
hehe thanks^^

I have one more pic uploaded, it's a little closer look at Griffith's armor, if you want, then I'll post it too 8)
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

sure, that would be great!
ZiMaze
imanewbie

Post by ZiMaze »

Fuji Nagase wrote:sure, that would be great!
Ooookay, here it is:
I's not so good, I was in a hurry there, but it's still a little closer look at the armor :lol:
(Please ignore my doll next to him :oops: )
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Buuhan1 wrote:Holy crap! That's amazing! Truly amazing! But..am I the only one bothered that the Guts is smaller than the Griffith? (I don't think it's just cause his knees are bent either)
[img]http://angels_den.extra.hu/shoyo/berserkcost.jpg[/img]

I didn't know Pee-Wee Herman was a Berserk fan.
Last edited by The Prince on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

ZiMaze wrote:
The Prince wrote:Dude looks gheyer than the real Griffith.
hehe, actually he was perfectly 'normal' (yeah, as normal as he can be in that armorXD) when we talked, The truly amazing thing was to me that they could get in that armor in less than 20 minutes :lol: It's a shame they didnt won the cosplay contest, as far as I know :(
I wonder who won?

It would be cool if the Guts character would have had a way to holster the DS. I always thought Guts looked even more of a badass with the DS holstered, covered by his cloak, only with the handle sticking out. My favorite poses of Guts, are of him reaching back grasping the handle of his sword while still fully cloaked.

In truth I could never quite figure out the mechanism which allows him to hilt the DS. I do recall there being chains visible on both sides his traps and neck, but can't quite picture how it all comes together.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

The Prince wrote:In truth I could never quite figure out the mechanism which allows him to hilt the DS. I do recall there being chains visible on both sides his traps and neck, but can't quite picture how it all comes together.
Before he got the Slayer he always had that cool leather thing (holster?) on his back for sheathing which kinda looked like a demons/lucifers tail when he jumped around, very cool. And it was mechanically able to hold the huge sword. But now with the Slayer the only visible thing he has is that chain with a little bit of leather in the middle hanging from his back. The chain goes around the blade of the sword, with the sharp edge resting in the leather. But the question arises how does the sword not simple fall through that mechanism, sticking to the ground - because the tip of the blade clearly is nowhere sheathed? So I recon maybe the big handgrip of the Slayer doesn't fit through the chain so it stays on his back without falling through...

Any by the way, how come you always diss cosplayers here or people who are not up to your "personal standards" it seems? No offence, but some of your posts like "omg hes even geyher than the real Griff", "dude looks like Pee Wee Herman" or "I am so cute, c-u-d-e" make you seem kinda small minded and/or narcisstic.

Nothing personal, just an honest question.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Aetherfukz wrote:
The Prince wrote:In truth I could never quite figure out the mechanism which allows him to hilt the DS. I do recall there being chains visible on both sides his traps and neck, but can't quite picture how it all comes together.
Before he got the Slayer he always had that cool leather thing (holster?) on his back for sheathing which kinda looked like a demons/lucifers tail when he jumped around, very cool. And it was mechanically able to hold the huge sword. But now with the Slayer the only visible thing he has is that chain with a little bit of leather in the middle hanging from his back. The chain goes around the blade of the sword, with the sharp edge resting in the leather. But the question arises how does the sword not simple fall through that mechanism, sticking to the ground - because the tip of the blade clearly is nowhere sheathed? So I recon maybe the big handgrip of the Slayer doesn't fit through the chain so it stays on his back without falling through...

Any by the way, how come you always diss cosplayers here or people who are not up to your "personal standards" it seems? No offence, but some of your posts like "omg hes even geyher than the real Griff", "dude looks like Pee Wee Herman" or "I am so cute, c-u-d-e" make you seem kinda small minded and/or narcisstic.

Nothing personal, just an honest question.
Low self-esteem I guess.

What do you have against Pee-Wee?

I actually thought my comments were rather subtle, compared some other ones in this thread.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

most comments seem subtle compared to EG.

but back to the cosplay: wow! i am so amazed! i want to know how he made that armor!!!!! hes not on cosplay.com sadly so i dont know. im sure he has a web page somewhere...it looks like real metal, but it would be so hard to shape sheet metal so cleanly and so organtically. he must work at some metal shop or something. AGHH! i wish my armor looked all shinny like that...though i dunno if it would make sense for the leader of the dying orig hawks to have super clean chinny armor..but still..so pretty. i want to KNOW!!!

okay. rant over.
Turd Ferguson
notanewb

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Aetherfukz wrote:Before he got the Slayer he always had that cool leather thing (holster?) on his back for sheathing which kinda looked like a demons/lucifers tail when he jumped around, very cool. And it was mechanically able to hold the huge sword. But now with the Slayer the only visible thing he has is that chain with a little bit of leather in the middle hanging from his back. The chain goes around the blade of the sword, with the sharp edge resting in the leather. But the question arises how does the sword not simple fall through that mechanism, sticking to the ground - because the tip of the blade clearly is nowhere sheathed? So I recon maybe the big handgrip of the Slayer doesn't fit through the chain so it stays on his back without falling through...
There is a single chain link attached to the DS just before the handle. I imagine that hooks on somewhere and keeps the sword from falling through the chains on his back.
My stream of conciousness flows into a river of blood.
Arcandus
notanewb

Post by Arcandus »

ZiMaze wrote:
(Please ignore my doll next to him :oops: )
I tried but its impossible haha...

But the armor is amazing.

Edit: fixing the quotation mark.