Berserk: 287 - "Bubbles"

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: Berserk: 287 - "Bubbles"

Post by Starnum »

LOL, I think her developments have taken her beyond that at this point, funny though.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Late thank you but a thank you nun the less :twisted: Thx EG for the great chapter Makes me sad to see Guts all fucked up though :evil:

Well I guess thats what you get when you play with fire :twisted:

The amount of detail in his scaring is amazing Miura has to put some clothes on him to speed up the drawing process :twisted: J/K But I had to color it check it out in Fan Art.

Thanks again guys I would be lost without the EG :cool:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

Oh yeah, I probably don't say this often enough (I'm always too caught up in posting my reactions to the story and the art), but thanks for getting this out to us non-Japanese-literate folks. It constantly amazes me that people with such marketable skills (unlike, say, mine) are willing to give them away for free; I'm grateful!
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

I actually had a different impression about one thing in this chapter- I think that Schierke was actually the one who pulled them out, without Farnese realizing who was responsible.

Also, has this page come up recently? The lower right panel seems like an extra clue with regards to what awaits Guts & Co.
thesyndrome
imanewbie

Post by thesyndrome »

i hope things do get a bit more light hearted (for a little while) when they reach elfhelm...i also hope that guts doesnt look like this forever; i'm not sure if its the scars, but guts looks SO different in comparison to the older arcs (i think its his lips? miura has made them more obvious and plumped out, take a look back at older volumes and tell me what you think).
Death&Rebirth
Mastered PM

Post by Death&Rebirth »

thesyndrome wrote:i hope things do get a bit more light hearted (for a little while) when they reach elfhelm...i also hope that guts doesnt look like this forever; i'm not sure if its the scars, but guts looks SO different in comparison to the older arcs (i think its his lips? miura has made them more obvious and plumped out, take a look back at older volumes and tell me what you think).
I think that's Miura way of aging the characters, given more detail to some phisical traits...
Also after some pounding during his journey, somethings start to make effect and Puck not always is there to apply his wonderous elf powder to cure it (and some can't be completely healed with his magical powder). At least that's my intake of it.
Klink
imanewbie

Post by Klink »

Miura has done an excellent job aging characters and making sure injuries don't just dissapear. I'm interested to see how many chapters until we finally see elfheim :D
Fenrisulfr
imanewbie

Post by Fenrisulfr »

I really liked this episode a lot. Part of what got me into Berserk was the whole emotional aspect of the Guts/Casca/Griffith relationship. Love, Hate, Jealousy, Revenge. And that's why every single episode adding a little something to this aspect is always great. That's also why I find kinda boring the long, never-ending political chapters about Griffith's ascension.
Turd Ferguson
notanewb

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Klink wrote:Miura has done an excellent job aging characters and making sure injuries don't just dissapear. I'm interested to see how many chapters until we finally see elfheim :D
Hopefully the fact that Casca saw a bird means land is nearby.
My stream of conciousness flows into a river of blood.
thesyndrome
imanewbie

Post by thesyndrome »

Turd Ferguson wrote:
Klink wrote:Miura has done an excellent job aging characters and making sure injuries don't just dissapear. I'm interested to see how many chapters until we finally see elfheim :D
Hopefully the fact that Casca saw a bird means land is nearby.
yup, as we all know (thanks to the simpsons) seagulls stay near land, and only come out to sea to die; the boat was anchored pretty far away from land when guts and the others arrived in the dinghy, and guts is healed (to an extent...) so they must have been on the boat for a week or 2 in berserk time

i wouldnt be shocked if we get land in 3-4 more chapters
Fenrisulfr
imanewbie

Post by Fenrisulfr »

Could simply be an island, not necessarily Elfhelm.
Klink
imanewbie

Post by Klink »

I imagine that elfheim won't be much more than a largish island anyways. Though we've been waiting to get there for a while now!
Death&Rebirth
Mastered PM

Post by Death&Rebirth »

Or maybe the seagull just come to sea to die.
Or more probably, it's just there because it was need to lure Casca to that location. Remember that Miura isn't God and he might slip. If even Tolkien made a slip or two with his middle-earth saga, we can cut some slack with Miura.
Turd Ferguson
notanewb

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Very true. He's not perfect and can slip up, and that may well be the case here. But he's also good enough to include a minor detail like the presence of a bird to forshadow a forthcoming landfall. Hopefully, he's not going to have them floating around doing nothing in the middle of the open ocean for too long.
My stream of conciousness flows into a river of blood.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Turd Ferguson wrote:Very true. He's not perfect and can slip up, and that may well be the case here. But he's also good enough to include a minor detail like the presence of a bird to forshadow a forthcoming landfall. Hopefully, he's not going to have them floating around doing nothing in the middle of the open ocean for too long.
It probably won't be too much longer. Maybe another chapter or two, but although I approve of the character development of the last couple chapters, I can't really see it stretching out much past that. So Elfheim should be fairly soon, assuming nothing else gets in the way.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

Knowing our luck it will bounce back to the neo hawks for a chapter or two to tease us... please don't let this happen dear god
Bow to Golbez
Fenrisulfr
imanewbie

Post by Fenrisulfr »

Oh please, no more griffith, kushan and neo hawks for at least a year.
Asterisk
imanewbie

Post by Asterisk »

First, I want to say thanks to EG for the release and the continued hard work. I think we all appreciate the fact that you guys do this when you certainly have no obligation to, with what I have to assume is your free time.

That being said, this is indeed my first post and after reading the last chapter I just couldn't resist. I know I am a little late, but after reading the chapter again for a second time, well... Anyway, I certainly hope our hero, Guts, gets some relief soon. For sometime now he seems to have this consistent look of utter exhaustion. It almost seems as though he is coming to grips with the reality of his physical limitations which manifest rather clearly in this chapter. More than anything else, though, I sincerely hope that he can rest for a at least short while before the next abomination that he must inevitably face.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Thanks for every thing EG as always.

Finally got around to reading this thing. I thought this was a pretty good chapter. Been disappointed lately, so this is groovey.
thesyndrome
imanewbie

Post by thesyndrome »

arent we due a preview by now? then again, instead of giving a date, the RAW just said "see you next time" or something to that effect, so maybe we arent getting one this time...
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

technically it said "next issue" and YA site confirmed it for the 27th.

*shrugs* we have had issues go out with-out a preview before, it isn't anything new or disconcerting.
Fenrisulfr
imanewbie

Post by Fenrisulfr »

I really hope it'll come out tomorrow. :? Man no more breaks, Mr Miura, PLEASE !
citanuzuki666
notanewb

Post by citanuzuki666 »

If there is another long break again I'm going to be forced to do senpai. :shock:
Death&Rebirth
Mastered PM

Post by Death&Rebirth »

I think you meant "sepukko" and not "senpai" which might be misspelled since i know the romanji "sempai" and not "senpai"...

Anyway, who cares if the preview doesn't appear. Let the guys work calmly without any hassle. It will come when it come and when it's need to come. Not before or after.
citanuzuki666
notanewb

Post by citanuzuki666 »

I think you meant "sepukko" and not "senpai" which might be misspelled since i know the romanji "sempai" and not "senpai"...
Lol, I used the wrong. Yeah, I meant seppuku. I'm a dumb ass.