Movies of 2007

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Re: Movies of 2007

Post by Malvado »

Brainpiercing wrote:Why is this thread suddenly abbreviations spamfest? :(
Other than RDJ and DoA I don't understand where you are coming from.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Brainpiercing wrote:I've watched Shrek III, well, it's good, but nothing fantastic. Feels like routine, by now.

Meh, it´s till alot better than all of the bullshit 3d movies that are regurgitated every year.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

want to see parprika, an anime from satoshi kon. looks pretty interesting/trippy. [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=MFzElH6pbls[/youtube].

also saw fantastic four and have to say i liked it. It was probably mainly the silver surfer, how can you beat that?
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I've watched Paprika, it's quite artsy and a little woman-ish, and VERY weird (on the surface). That doesn't mean it's not great fun, the weirdness is top-notch fun. Some of the things don't quite convince me, like displaying a webpage as a VR-zone while the guy looking at it is just sitting in front of his computer, but I'll see that as artistic licence.

The visuals are top-notch at all times.

Overall I would recomment it, but I don't know whether it could become a favourite of mine.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Live Free or Die Hard, is a beast of a movie! Everything you expect from a die hard film. Now you ask the pg-13 rating? this movie is border linning the R rating, i would say it should have. Either way, fun movie that delivered its action, awesome one-liners, and tons of john mclain badass moments.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

halfnhalf wrote:Live Free or Die Hard, is a beast of a movie! Everything you expect from a die hard film. Now you ask the pg-13 rating? this movie is border linning the R rating, i would say it should have. Either way, fun movie that delivered its action, awesome one-liners, and tons of john mclain badass moments.
Pretty much what I would say except it did need the language. That and some people would place it at True Lies and not Die Hard.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

just saw Transformers, amazing effects. Most likely the best ive ever seen effects wise. BUt after seeing Live Free or Die Hard, action wise, it just doesnt hold up. I came out of Die Hard going, "that was fucking awesome, i mean FUCKING awesome." But for transformers it was more like... cool, but where was the Mclain badassery?

In the end, watch it. The transformers and the animation that are involved are worth the movie ticket.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I like that Rat movie.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I liked Transformers a lot. The action was solid and the transformers were nicely rendered. The only problem I had with the movie was that my favorite transformer, Starscream, didn't get too much show time. [spoiler]Oh well, at least he's alive at the end.[/spoiler]
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

I really enjoyed transformers, i found myself saying some of the old lines from the cartoons. I miss hot-rod, but bubble-bee fills the roll nicely.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I just got back from Transformers.

Transformers is the best thing ever.

It is too bad, however, that they didn't seize the opportunity to have the army blast Bumblebee to bits and have him reconstructed as Goldbug.

Goldbug is 8)
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yes, Live Free or Die Hard was truly awesome. It's the best in the series so far, IMO. The thought of a Fire-Sale really is scary.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I saw Transformers, solid movie, but it could've done without the love story.

I also saw Sicko and I was very impressed by it, I highly recommend it to anyone living in the US.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

Evan Almighty wasn't too bad of a movie. It was pretty funny at time, and the religious stuff is at a minimum (There's a God and Noah's Ark story are the only things I'd consider religious in the movie).
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Finito

Post by Finito »

Die Hard 4 owns, best movie of the year.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Transformers was freaking awesome. I just wish they hadn't altered the robots' designs. I hate it when Hollywood does that.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Starnum wrote:Transformers was freaking awesome. I just wish they hadn't altered the robots' designs. I hate it when Hollywood does that.

alter designs? are you serious? G1 Transformers as live action would have looked like a joke. The new designs were perfect for the times, allowed each transformer to have finesse in their actions.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

The Transformers in Michael Bay's movie look like pieces of scrap metal.

Michael Moore is a fat retard that makes completely uninteresting films.

Ratatouille is probably the best movie this year.

Put that in a pipe and smoke it.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

halfnhalf wrote:are you serious?
I'm totally serious. There were just a couple of scenes where the transformers were fighting, and rolling around, and I couldn't tell exactly what I was looking at. I never like that. The original designs were more humanoid. I think with those designs, I'd have been able to say, "Oh, that's his leg there." or "Oh, I see, he grabbed him and kneed him as they were rolling about," or whatever. Instead it was "Hey, there's a bunch of metal." I have a quick eye too, so it didn't have anything to do with the speed of the scenes. Also, I don't need my transformers altered to fit the times, I thought they looked just fine before, and they also seemed to have plenty of finesse as they were. Whether it's cartoon animation or CG, it basically works the same way, so there shouldn't be a problem. The Transformers could bend in all the same ways a human can in their original desings, and then some. It might have looked like a joke to use the original designs to some, but I don't feel that way at all.

Do I want to see wolverine in yellow spandex? Hell yeah I do.

Nah, but that's just a little nit-picky thing of mine. The movie was still really great. I'd give it 4.5 / 5 stars.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

I can understand the concern you have for some of the action scenes, guessing the first scene with bumblebee and barricade? With 83 days to shoot the movie and whereas all the robots are not really there, so of course some shots would be some what out of place to compensate for the size of the robots.

And yes of course you want to see Wolverine in a yellow spandex... BUT wait! i wanted to see him in his new-xmen costume...

There is a reason why movies have to have a change, because not everyone reads the comics or watches the cartoon enjoyed it the first time around.

Oh and hoping that if they make a Cybertron all out battle only would be a blockbuster disater waiting to happen. As much as this sound weird, but people (meaning the large general population) need humans in their entertainment, which allows them to relate some emotions. (check it all the pixar movies have humans, and the one that didnt, "Cars" was the least favorite).

oh btw..

Shank Prime FTMFW!
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Tales from Earthsea- Well I really thought this was going to be a good anime, but since they took the story from fantasy series consisting of more then one book it all fell apart. Shame really but thats what it is.

The new Die hard was actually pretty good, wouldnt say it was the best (Its still the first one) but better then the third one.
Was only one thing that disturbed me a little bit[spoiler]When he crams the squad car right on the helicopter in the end of the tunnel :P[/spoiler]

The Reaping- Crappy movie, nuff said

Candy- Didnt hear a word about this movie before, stumbled upon it by chance, which is quiet strange since it was really good. Have a few friends thats using heroin and well the movie hit the spot (Or what you might say). Wonder if the script writer is an ex-addict.

1408- One of the few Stephen king movies that didnt totally suck a** :D

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

halfnhalf wrote:(check it all the pixar movies have humans, and the one that didnt, "Cars" was the least favorite).
That's probably the worst argument I've heard this entire week.

A Bug's Life has zero humans (I think) and the human characters in Toy Story, Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc. are so minor that I don't see how they could possible support this whacked out theory of yours.

"People didn't like Cars because it didn't have humans" is a retarded statement.

Please don't talk about things you are clueless about.

More importantly, who gives a fuck about the lowest common denominator in this society?

Just make a good movie and stop worrying about what retards will like.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Loeviz wrote: [spoiler]Was only one thing that disturbed me a little bit[spoiler]When he crams the squad car right on the helicopter in the end of the tunnel :P[/spoiler]
Yes you were. I mean transporter 2 did something truly horrible, but in this it was actually cool.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

halfnhalf wrote:I can understand the concern you have for some of the action scenes, guessing the first scene with bumblebee and barricade? With 83 days to shoot the movie and whereas all the robots are not really there, so of course some shots would be some what out of place to compensate for the size of the robots!
Yeah, it was that first fight between those two mainly. Honestly, if the perspective had been a bit further back in those scenes I mentioned, it probably wouldn't have been so bad.

Personally, I think they should true to honor the original works more, and keep the fans in mind foremost. Not sure if those are the retards Femto is talking about or not (perhaps he means the opposite), but that's just my opinion. Of course they want to try to please the most people though, that's Hollywood, got to make that money. You can't please everyone all the time I guess, but shouldn't the true fans come first? Meh, maybe not in their opinion, but it's not really a big deal, usually. Not sure if all "true fans" dislike the changes in the movie, but the ones I've spoken to seem to. Honestly, I never even watched much Transformers as a kid, so I can't even really claim to be one of these "true fans", lol. I just like the originals more, as I actually grew up on super robot anime instead. Heh, check out some Yuushaou stuff, some of those mecha look like transformers, and they're awesome. :P
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

If you give true fans what they want, you end up with FireFly/Serenity. FUCKING AWESOME SCI-Fi, but not enough money to keep it going...