Bleach

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I just got to the part where everyone gets there powers, I had a feeling something like this was going to happen to chad but not the others... oh and that Massive Hollow was awesome :twisted:

I wonder what the soul society will think about that one... the manager guy seems to know a lot about everything... I guess you guys already know most of this though so no spoilers please its just getting good.

Yeah where does it show Ichigo obtaining bankai??
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

After Ichigo, that firework dude and that nurse guy in SS fail to save Rukia. Around episode 50 or such. It's after Ichigo defeats Zaraki.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Sandman wrote: Yeah where does it show Ichigo obtaining bankai??
Obtaining as in training? or obtaining as in showing it for the first time?

He's training for it about episode 50. He first shows it off during a fight in like episode 60.

Byakuya's Bankai is so fucking badass it's not even funny.
ImageImage
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Pink Flowers of Doom? Yeah right, Byakuya's Bankai is for the gays. :kekeke:

Ichigo's Bankai FTW.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Ayanami wrote:Pink Flowers of Doom? Yeah right, Byakuya's Bankai is for the gays. :kekeke:

Ichigo's Bankai FTW.
STFU n00b. No one else is secure enough in their manhood to have a pink shikai/bankai. Besides, White Imperial Sword is spectacular.
ImageImage
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Ichigo's Bankai rocks there is no comparison, I just cant wait for him to be as bad ass as his masked self, with the black moon attacks and shit

Byakuya's Bankai is pretty gay although the white imperial Sword was "awesome" it still got pwned by someone who had just learned how to use is Bankai :twisted:
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Sandman wrote: Byakuya's Bankai is pretty gay although the white imperial Sword was "awesome" it still got pwned by someone who had just learned how to use is Bankai :twisted:
If you haven't already got to it, you'll learn soon why Ichigo was able to defeat the entirety of the Soul Society like that, and why technically no single Shingami or Hollow after that point will ever be able to defeat him.

And am I the only on who wants to see Ukitake and Kyoraku's zanpakutos in action? I mean, other than the shikai, we never get to see anything from them. :cry:
ImageImage
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I cant believe that the current arc is a filler, its pretty good, but reading the manga seems to be more fulfilling because it deals with the main plot.
nightofchaos
Don't mind me, I'm a dumbass.

Post by nightofchaos »

The fillers are very good, which is nice for a change, but I can't wait to see what Aizen does next. There's no substitute for pure evil!
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I finally caught up to the current episode... the filler was ok and all but the new fights are the shit!!!! got to love the power of the Arccanian's :twisted: No wonder Aizen allied with them.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

The Arrancar seem much more interesting than the Bounto. Though it feels weird that everyone from the evil world speaks Spanish. The arrancar mention their numbers in Spanish "Arrancar número seis, Grimjow", they're called espada (which means sword) and are from Hueco Mundo (hollow world). The word arrancar means "to pull out violently".

The only good character that speaks Spanish (but has never done so in the series) is Chad.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

You mean the filler arc is finally finished?

There is a god! Now I get to watch everything I've been reading in the manga played out in an animated season.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Vicissitude
Professional Bastard

Post by Vicissitude »

War Machine wrote:The word arrancar means "to pull out violently".
Yeah, I've been there... Don't you hate when her parents walk in?

The translation I've heard, and prefer since it makes more sense in this case, is "to remove," as in, a mask. It makes sense since Vaizard means "visored" or "masked." Hollow abilities have been spanish since the beginning, to my knowledge. Cero means "Zero" and Hueco Mundo (properly Mundo Hueco in spanish) means "Big Emptiness/Void."

It also bears note that the arrancar are (mostly) named after (mostly) spanish architects or artists.

Zerapollo: Alejandro Zaera Polo
Ulquiorra: Patricia Urquiola
Grimmjow: Nicholas Grimshaw
Luppi: Italo Lupi
Wonderweiss: Marcel Wanders + Maison Martin Margiela
Nell: Nel Linssen
Pesh: Gaetano Pesce
Noitora: Richard Neutra
Dordonie: Rodolfo Dordoni
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Considering the amount of Spanish used I wonder where it comes from. Most of the words used are easy words, but sometimes they use fairly unknown ones like "exequias" (which are honorary funerals). Either the author is looking through a dictionary or he knows some Spanish, or someone who does.

Arrancar does mean to remove, but it's only used when it is meant in a violent or angry way, otherwise we use words like quitar, remover, extraer, etc.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

I thought that the most literal translation of "Arrancar" is "Tear" as in "Tearing apart".

And "Hueco Mundo" is Hollow world.
Zerapollo: Alejandro Zaera Polo
Ulquiorra: Patricia Urquiola
Grimmjow: Nicholas Grimshaw
Luppi: Italo Lupi
Wonderweiss: Marcel Wanders + Maison Martin Margiela
Nell: Nel Linssen
Pesh: Gaetano Pesce
Noitora: Richard Neutra
Dordonie: Rodolfo Dordoni
None of the Espada names actually sound spanish to me, if they´re based on spanish names, that makes more sense.

But Grimmjow is an obvious corruption of the english "Grimmjaw".
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Spanish influenced anime/manga interesting... now all I need to see is the Espada chilling in a low rider with spiner rims :roll:

But anyway 123 is out and Ichigo's new training session is just started, cant wait to see this one play out, this part in the manga was awesome :twisted:
Vicissitude
Professional Bastard

Post by Vicissitude »

Deathbringer wrote: None of the Espada names actually sound spanish to me, if they´re based on spanish names, that makes more sense.

But Grimmjow is an obvious corruption of the english "Grimmjaw".
Which is why I said "mostly." Shawlong, Nakim and Wanderweiss (properly Van der Weiss?) are Chinese- and Dutch-sounding, I think.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

124 is out... I dont know who I like better white or black bankai :? but this is an awesome part or the series got to love it :D
Remdian
imanewbie

Post by Remdian »

Tempest wrote:STFU n00b. No one else is secure enough in their manhood to have a pink shikai/bankai. Besides, White Imperial Sword is spectacular.

/agree
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Re: Bleach

Post by Loeviz »

Finally got around to catch up to episode 126 from around 81 I think :P
Finally the fillers are over, rejoice :D
A question though, which chapter in the manga is episode 126? Dont know if I can manage to wait for next episode

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

You're in luck, I just found which chapter it is. Episode 126 is exactly on chapter 226.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Perfect, thanks a lot :D

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

just caught up with the current stuff and now I cant wait for it to catch up to the manga... I think Ichigo is scaried of leaving that mask on too long because he might let go of control... I cant wait until Inoue reliezes her full power then she will be unstopable :twisted:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, she has like one of the most powerful abilities in the entire series. Maybe the strongest.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

The group of friends sure took long to gain new abilities, they had been practically powerless since they stepped on Soul Society for the first time.