I cursed the guy who linked me to this.

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

The_Paya
Mastered PM

I cursed the guy who linked me to this.

Post by The_Paya »

(well not only cursed, I also kicked his ass for this).

So I bet you will curse me too. But It's still a worthy read for those who like this kind of literature, and Berserk may be among of this kind too.

I'll link it meanwhile, tell me guys if it deserves to be quoted entirely in this post and I'll edit it.

Guts

I'm waiting your comments.
-.wherever you go, there you are.-
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

i want to throw up...ive never had a story make me nauseous before...but i just want to go throw up right now...at least it was well written heh
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

meh.... nothing too shocking.... seen pictures of worse things.... guess that is what you get for having both parents work as doctor
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Thoroughly gut wrenching. I'm curious, is the last part even possible? Feels like it couldn't happen. No less, quite grisly.

In a way I can't help but feel pity to the parents, and the stupidity of their offspring.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I hate you. If i could i would ban you... oh my god i cant believe i just read that.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

so chlorine doesnt kill sperm...or what if his sister was just a slut and was too afraid to tell anyone...
The_Paya
Mastered PM

Post by The_Paya »

The author is Chuck Palahniuk.

Weeks ago I was hearing in the radio some news about some writer signing books in a library.
And the weird news was about that, when that author (I didn 't even paid attention to his name at that moment) started reading a piece of his work out loud.
The radio was saying that in that moment, (while this guy was reading a piece of his work) 67 people faded away, and the rest had to go to bathroom because of serious *stomach problems*.
As I said, I didn't paid attention to his name, nor to the title of the piece he read.
Then a friend co-worker, sends me this link (but in spanish), but it was completely out of context (the message with the link), it just said *talking about incorrect politics <insert_url_here>*.
And that made me laugh.
So since I was at work only with just one of my friends (yes I was working too late) I started reading this out LOUD.
After the 2nd story I had to stop a little, scream, curse my friend for sending this link so "covered" as funny, then I continued, reading this even more loud than before.
Add 2 more stops before the end, and like 7 cigars.
Then he linked me to an article on the same online-newspaper saying the same stuff I heard weeks ago on the radio.

I'm just glad that I didn't faded away like that 67 people. I can't say that my stomach was *all right* after this. But also I didn't had to go to bathroom to throw up :+)

Buzkashi: I'm really sorry. I was afraid of a banhammer after this, but I hope on the common sense of everyone about how this is (believe it or not) just another style of literature. And, from what THIS made us all feel, it's worth mentioning.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Stories you will never hear about on the news, but at least you know they happen.

As for banhammer, nah, I thought it was well written and even had a setup gag that built upon itself and re-mentioned later to good effect.
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

I named the following pic I made as "who cares how he fucked himself"

The_Paya
Mastered PM

Post by The_Paya »

RedEyes wrote:I named the following pic I made as "who cares how he fucked himself"
It's not about how he fucked himself, it's about that it's well written, it has a little of (really) dark humor, and (it may vary of course) this can affect some people's mind so much that it made people fade away and others to throw up.

Then again, it's well written.
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

I know that Palahniuk can write well. I like his novel Fight Club, mostly because of its rebellious content and dynamism.

I simply don't like the content of this one. Personally, I do not care how well it is written, the humor it contains, or whether it contains deep meanings for the generation X that I don't understand.

As for the name I gave to the pic; I was simply pissed off to the writer (not you of course) and use the name of the pic as a way to ground my anger.
The_Paya
Mastered PM

Post by The_Paya »

Ok then, I see this as the two extreme sides of the story (put Buz and Red in both ends) we're growing on opinions about this.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

haha more like sucked himself :kekeke:
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Im pissed of at paya for telling me about it. I felt sick to my stomach when i read it.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

heh my gut clenched up for a little bit and i couldnt get the end picture outa my head. a walk and some physical activity helped.
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

I really like Chuck.And havent read the link yet,because seeing how all of you,and others mentionned in the media,been so grossed out by this.I rather not read it,because I consider myself a bit easily grossed-out and lighthearted,even though I'm corious(shouldnt be wen you say what the content is).

But it can be useful,I'll test this link out on a couple of friends I'm pissed at :twisted:
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

heh good idea. i sent it to my brother but he had already read it :(. of course he's also seen pics of people documenting the decapitation of their penis...yes removing their head off their penis...so i wouldnt be too suprised at him reading this heh.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

It was very well written, but doesn't make for appropraite dinner time converstion.

I wish I could study his style more, but a queasy sensation goes over the idea of having to reread and analyze that...

Overall, thanks. It was a random event that... affected my day.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I've never felt queasy from a story before, but that just shows how good the detail and literary devices were. And plus, I'll still be able to eat calamari!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

The invisible carrot, it has you!!! Muhrhrhr. :twisted:
Well written thing.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I haven't read it yet, but from the people's responses, it may be a regrettable decision.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Yes, this story will make some lasting inside jokes.

Damn the invisible carrot!

Yes, I too am able to eat calamari still.
Last edited by psi29a on Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

actually i think people should read it. its a good read though nauseating
The_Paya
Mastered PM

Post by The_Paya »

I would DARE anyone to read it. But I don't like making enemies.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

ya oen of my friends was pretty pissed at me for telling him to read it hehe :roll: well two :D