Hellsing OAV

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

LordMune wrote:JESUS CHRIST ON A BIKE

EDIT: As the News section (official site) states that episode 2 is in production, I believe 2006.08.04 refers to the fourth of august, and not the eighth of april.

I hope I'm wrong though.
you are wrong lol
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Devil_Dante wrote:

EDIT: As the News section (official site) states that episode 2 is in production, I believe 2006.08.04 refers to the fourth of august, and not the eighth of april.

I hope I'm wrong though.
you are wrong lol
Is that so?

Then I guess I love you for telling me.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

LordMune wrote:
Devil_Dante wrote:

I hope I'm wrong though.
you are wrong lol
Is that so?

Then I guess I love you for telling me.
Would you love me if I didn't tell you? :oops:
Skullomania
imanewbie

Post by Skullomania »

Hey guys why don't you download the ova from e-mule.There they have it at 1,2 gb size quality.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Skullomania wrote:Hey guys why don't you download the ova from e-mule.There they have it at 1,2 gb size quality.
size doesnt matter :), ova with 700 mb quality can be equal to 1,2 gb quality. Unless I'm wrong :?
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

The eDonkey network is teh br0ked for me, for some reason.

Torrents are better anyway.

And yeah, a 700 mb MKV file can be of higher quality than a 1,2 gig AVI.
Skullomania
imanewbie

Post by Skullomania »

Devil_Dante wrote:
Skullomania wrote:Hey guys why don't you download the ova from e-mule.There they have it at 1,2 gb size quality.
size doesnt matter :), ova with 700 mb quality can be equal to 1,2 gb quality. Unless I'm wrong :?
It's a dvd rip
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

I used to keep real up to date with the hellsing OVA, since I posted at the Hellsing Project forms, but dammit that form fell off the face of the earth and I have no idea what's going on anymore.
But the first episode was really, really damed good.
I post at a lot of forums.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

I knew your name was familiar, Sarah.

Whoa, just heard about it, a bunch of animators from Noein just joined the Wild Geese, this means the animation will improve a lot i hope, the first episode was pretty static.

The official site already has the trailer for episode 2 by the way.

http://www.geneon-ent.co.jp/rondorobe/anime/hellsing/
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

Yhea, I noticed you for the avatar.
What the heck happened to our form? :(
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Deathbringer wrote:Whoa, just heard about it, a bunch of animators from Noein just joined the Wild Geese, this means the animation will improve a lot i hope, the first episode was pretty static.
You heretical ingrate!
Episode 1 of Hellsing Ultimate is the prettiest thing I've seen in a long while. Yes, it has several static scenes, but the technical and esthetic quality of the actual frames make up for this.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

And well... Noein had very weird animation of a style I don't like at all. It seems it's modern nowadays, but it still looks bad.

So if they use that style, it can only go down the drain.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Wow.....only now i noticed these replies.
Yhea, I noticed you for the avatar.
What the heck happened to our form?
Well, Evalve is living it to its reputation and has been handling us shitty servers as usual, it went down and Hellsingproject lost the forum files, altough he he found some 3 month old back up file and he will put the forum up....but we know how fucking lazy they are.
You could check Bloodknight.com, it´s a cool Hellsing forum albeit a little dead.
You heretical ingrate!
Episode 1 of Hellsing Ultimate is the prettiest thing I've seen in a long while. Yes, it has several static scenes, but the technical and esthetic quality of the actual frames make up for this.
Don´t get me wrong man, i only said that the episode needed hard work on the animation, which is fucking true, some parts of the episode were so static it looked we were watching an interactive manga.
But this OAV was one of the best animes i´ve seen this year, just for the fact that´s been following more closely the manga and the AlucardxAnderson fight was awesome.
And well... Noein had very weird animation of a style I don't like at all. It seems it's modern nowadays, but it still looks bad.
The art team is still the same, i was talking more about the movements of the characters, have you seen the trailer for the second OAV? It´s looks alot more fluid then the first episode, although the trailer is 6 seconds "long"....
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I just saw the ova and it was awesome i like how it followed the manga and not like the crappy anime before it.

I just dont like one thing,thats how they rushed over a volume of manga and many chapters story in to 50 mins. It almost felt like a recap of things that have happened so far and not a real ep.

I hope they slow down the pace in the next ova and let it flow and rush things.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

I just dont like one thing,thats how they rushed over a volume of manga and many chapters story in to 50 mins. It almost felt like a recap of things that have happened so far and not a real ep.

I hope they slow down the pace in the next ova and let it flow and rush things.
You´re right in a way, altough they didn´t had that much to rush, the worse part was that they ommited great part of the "master of monster" chapter which has substancial character development for both Integral and Alucard.

Hopefully they´ll stop with "one episode with one volume" thing, they said they would be carefull not to catch up with the manga so that no filler crap is needed, and that they won´t rush anything more from the manga.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

How are they careful with not catching up when they rush things and jump over big parts of chapters....

If next ova is rushed like this, i will stay with the manga only cause the ova if it keeps being like this isnt an anime its recap eps ala Gundam and i hate those kind of eps.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

The second episode was delayed to August 25, damn it.

But from official stuff, the episode will be 40 minutes long and they wil broadcast a preview just like the first one.
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

>:( dammit
But it's not too long away.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

My day was just ruined.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

meh i'm liking this far better than the anime any day... have faith.. they will get the master of a monster in there... it will most likely be peicemeal... remember there are still people who haven't seen the series or read the manga... so the producers still have them to cater to
Bow to Golbez
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

HURRY HURRY HURRY! Click this now!

http://www.orcavision.co.jp/asx/geneon_ ... b_SDRa.asx

BTW, they are gonna get the original English VAs for the dubs. Geneon gave in.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

The trailer may be short but the animation does look more fluid then the first episode.

And just for the fact that the second episode is only the Brother Valentines invasion to the Hellsing Manor and not the whole volume 2 itself is a plus, no more rushed content.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Since I hate crappy streams with fiery fury, I decided to rip the teaser trailer and rapidshare it for those who wish to keep it handy. For, you know, watching it repeatedly, ten times a day. Like me.

http://rapidshare.de/files/25155781/HEL ... I.wmv.html
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

I know I'll be watching it 60 more times.
I don't need to download it since it streams perfectly, but does the downloaded version happen to look better? I don't know that's possible, but if it is I'll download it.
peedu
imanewbie

Post by peedu »

im def watchin it