FLCL

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

FLCL

Post by Buzkashi »

Aight, i really like this anime. I was wonderin if there were any other parts to it or if theres a manga. Can anyone help me out on this.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

I know the FLCL manga exists but I have only read the first chapter of it so I'm not sure if it differs from the series or not though.

Also, I liked FLCL a lot.

Some of the people I talk to get confused about the content and what not but if you watch it a few times then you should be able to both the amusing situational comedy and the gist of the story.
EG needs some help. Please feel free to contact us if you want to become a part of the staff.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

neer heard of this FLCL. I'm gonna need some info on this...
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Never heard of FLCL? Do yourself a favor and go buy/leech it right now.

Yeah, there's a manga, but it's based on the animé so I, personally, stay the hell away from it.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah a manga based on an anime is never anything special,its most the same.

I watched FLCL once a couple of mins of it dont know why i didnt watch more of it.

Offtopic:

I recently got my anime pc back and have download all the codecs and stuff you need to watch anime. But every time i watch anime the picture is hacking and get slow often. Dont know whats wrong,can anyone help me out?
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

I've heard that the manga has deviations from the anime, but I don't know how much... Manga is just 2 vols so it won't hurt to spend couple of hours for it.

I'm using a free codec pack which has nearly all the stuff you'll need to watch .avi, .mkv, .ogm and subtitle programs. It is "K-lite codec pack"...
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I have the same thing plus i download ffdshow just in case the fault was the codec pack.

I geuss that problem is the pc.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Tips I can give you:

Slow performance might result from conflicting codecs.

Uninstall ALL codecs you have and then install a clean copy of k-lite codec pack.

Don't install the k-lite version of Ogg, rather get the individual Ogg installer by Tobias, it's a little old, but it plays most of the OGM files better. Use BSplayer for OGM, not MPC.

Or get VLC player, it's a very good player for Ogm, mkv, etc.

Update your video card driver and possibly switch to VMR7 or VMR9 output modes. If those don't work definitely use Overlay Mixer (in MPC and Bsplayer).

Unfortunately I can't deny it may be the computer, because a slow computer with too little RAM will slow down playback of highly compressed video considerably. Also, a modern OS like WinXP on an old computer can result in very choppy playback. If your computer is anything less than 1GHz or has less than 512Megs of RAM I wouldn't install XP since it gets really slow. 2K might work with 256Megs of RAM. I would use Win98SE on a computer like that, although that has other problems.

A short term fix might be to look through your task list and disable anything running in the background that isn't necessary, like Winamp tray, Real player tray, Quicktime tray, any messengers and also any leeching proggies running while you play back video. Also look for things MSOffice runs like Findfast.exe and kill those.
There are multiple webpages out there which will list almost any possible task running and inform you about it's true nature, go look at one of those and disable stuff accordingly.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

It cant be the Ram since we put new Ram so our Ram is doubled from before when we watched anime perfectly. I think it must be the conflicting thing you said cause before we only downloaded VLC and Media player classic separatly and they worked fine. Also my other brother not Shaka Zulu said that xp would only slow us down so we dont have it.

I think i'll remove this codect k-lite pack i have and just download VLC and MPC just like before.

Thanks for the help.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

FLCL gave me a rare gut-busting laugh few stand up comedians could achieve out of me. Music was upbeat and did real well to add to the Anime. The randomness really added to the appeal for me, as did some of the originality. *Spoiler ALERT* (Manga scenes, repairing a moped with a Gundam.) End.

It's a shame it was just 6 episodes, but they did it so well that it doesn't feel like it was cut short.

You watch it recently Buzkashi? That the reason for the Avatar change?
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Ive seen the whole series a long time ago. But they started rerunning it on cartoon network. That rekindled my spirits.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

FLCL is one of my favorites, reminds me of one LONG music video. :D

After all, it is by GAINAX which happens to hold a special place in my heart due to Evangelion and Otaku No Video.

http://www.gainax.co.jp/
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

FLCL is awesome. I actually watched it twice through when i first got it, and have since wtached it a few more times. The music is awesome, and it is so wonderfully fucked up. One of the best animes out there, and yes GAINAX pwns too.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Damn you were missing for a while eh arresty?
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

psi29a wrote:After all, it is by GAINAX which happens to hold a special place in my heart due to Evangelion and Otaku No Video.
GunBuster? What about GunBuster?! WHAT ABOUT GUNBUSTER?!
Anyway, I see you haven't mentioned GunBuster. This can mean two things;

a) You don't deserve to live
b) You haven't seen GunBuster

Go leech GunBuster (a.k.a. Toppu wo nerae! GunBuster/Aim for the Top! GunBuster), right now.
vermillion
imanewbie

Post by vermillion »

LordMune wrote:GunBuster? What about GunBuster?! WHAT ABOUT GUNBUSTER?!
Anyway, I see you haven't mentioned GunBuster. This can mean two things;

a) You don't deserve to live
b) You haven't seen GunBuster

Go leech GunBuster (a.k.a. Toppu wo nerae! GunBuster/Aim for the Top! GunBuster), right now.
Well, if you haven't seen GunBuster, you don't deserve to live in first instance... unless you make the firm purpose to watch it.

FLCL is really amazing. All the chaotic music and scenes makes you feel inside all what's happening. And there are some deep thoughts within it, as it is (or at least was) normal in Gainax.
I heard that they are not doing quality stuff lately, I'm not sure because after FLCL I've only seen Gunbuster 2, which I didn't like very much. And by the way, Nadia, Honneanise no Tsubasa and Karekano should be also in the list.
Else there are invited guests, there is no party
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I own the FLCL dvds and the manga. And let me tell ya.....

The manga bites compared to the anime. It does not capture what makes the anime so stellar. Don't even bother IMO. As for the anime, hells yeah, it kicks ass.
daniel_lc
imanewbie

Post by daniel_lc »

hmm, reading all these comments makes me want to watch it real bad. Can anyone help by recommending a group or a site to get it? Thank you.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Buy it, dammit. It's only three DVDs, and if there's one animé out there worth buying, it's FLCL. or just google for torrent sites, it's bound to show up
daniel_lc
imanewbie

Post by daniel_lc »

Thank you very much. I'm opening google right now!
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

well too bad for some that most anime dvd's never make it to their country (yes i'm talking about myself) so you are forced into doing the illigal thing. And ow i hate doing it so much well ok not really
masterei
Don't mind me, I'm a dumbass.

Post by masterei »

Excellent anime, this is one of the few must own series. I've bought both dvds and manga-books at suncoast.

I like it when a world sees changes, and when those change go well beyond the expected.
"Freedom is actually a bigger game than power. Power is about what you can control. Freedom is about what you can unleash."-Harriet Rubin
M's blog: http://guugul.blogspot.com/
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Masterei: at least we agree on something. :D

friend of mine made an AMV of FLCL mixed to NIN the perfect drug. I'll have to host it on my tracker again, it one best of Otakon in 2002 or was it 2003? Anywho, "The Flying Cracker" group lead by Acomalas.

found it:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... php?v=5859
This video took over half a year to complete.

All source was ripped from the Japanese dvds
except for two scenes in the first episode.

Won "Best in Serious/Dramatic" at Otakon2002 Music Video Contest.

Won "Best Technical" at AWA 8 Music Video Expo.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

That's bad. I want to watch it, too. :?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein