You know you've read too much berserk when...

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Is this too dumb of a thread to let live?

yes
10%
yes, please call MrFelony's Probation Officer and have him locked up
22%
No, let the people spam away.
68%

Total votes: 209

madonnalal
notanewb

Re: You know you've read too much berserk when...

Post by madonnalal »

lon3vvolf wrote:
madonnalal wrote:You know you've read too much berserk when your friend gives you a toaster strudel and somehow this happens

This is the greatest thing since pop-tarts.
Its so great I'm thinking of using it as my avatar... made my day :thumb:
Lol, feel free to take it. Glad it amused someone besides myself.
Death&Rebirth
Mastered PM

Post by Death&Rebirth »

That should be on the fan-art thread...
:D
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

well i've read so much berserk once i actually dreamed of slaughtering countless people with an upsurd sword lol.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

fujinsan wrote:well i've read so much berserk once i actually dreamed of slaughtering countless people with an upsurd sword lol.
Welcome to the club. :D
Ratatosk
imanewbie

Post by Ratatosk »

You watch the first episode of Heroes and start going 'OH NOOOOOOO, NOT THE ECLIPSE....' and confusing people. Also when you go visit parents or mates in the Midlands (central area of UK for all ye furrinours out there) you insist on calling it Midland, and equally confusing people.. (Used to call it Middle Earth, Im easily influenced really)
And referring to Hawkwind as the band of the Hawk...
Lucky the last total eclipse I saw was long before I'd heard of Berserk really.

Also for the people like me who when they first got into the manga read all of it in a marathon over the course of a few days, it really does odd things to your dreams in high enough doses..
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

MrFelony wrote:you've read too much berserk if you're dedicated enough to color all the blood droplets flying through the air in berserked's signature lol
or this:
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc14 ... 86-087.jpg
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

DrPepperPro wrote:
MrFelony wrote:you've read too much berserk if you're dedicated enough to color all the blood droplets flying through the air in berserked's signature lol
or this:
Cool!

Nice scan.....did you use a Tank copy for that?
Let's put a smile on that face...............
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

The Prince wrote:
DrPepperPro wrote:
or this:
Cool!

Nice scan.....did you use a Tank copy for that?
It's from the manga i dled somewhere. But ya now that I look at it its good quality.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

DrPepperPro wrote:
or this:
And I am once again left in complete and utter awe and the sheer level of both detail and accuracy that Miura employs in his work.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I saw this big ass broad sword at the pawn shop the other day, not on sale yet :( , but it looked just like gut's sword before the dragon slayer. I asked the clerk if it was real steel and how much was it if it went on sale, he said no it was iron (that's what real swords are made out of, I didn't know this until I looked it up later on) and he estimated around $1,000. So I got a question would you be willing to raise the money for it? I'm thinking of buying it but not sure.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

fujinsan wrote:I saw this big ass broad sword at the pawn shop the other day, not on sale yet :( , but it looked just like gut's sword before the dragon slayer. I asked the clerk if it was real steel and how much was it if it went on sale, he said no it was iron (that's what real swords are made out of, I didn't know this until I looked it up later on) and he estimated around $1,000. So I got a question would you be willing to raise the money for it? I'm thinking of buying it but not sure.
Yeah sure....where do I send the money?
Let's put a smile on that face...............
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

The Prince wrote:Yeah sure....where do I send the money?
Just send the money to me. I'm a prince of Nigeria who has assets frozen and only need $1000 to get 37 million of my assets from the government. :wink:

(Never really read those scam emails for money but I think they sound something like that)

I know this is off topic, but I got an actual 1:1 scale replica of Clouds/Angeals Buster sword from Final Fantasy VII. Thing is heavy. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Wow, really? That sounds sweet. How tall is it?
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

... when every song on your ipod becomes part of a future Berserk AMV. So for me that includes all the from Metallica, through Sarah McLaughlan, to James Taylor, plus some FF soundtracks for good measure.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

... when you argue with that F*CK who made the Berserk movie thread! :twisted:
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Starnum wrote:Wow, really? That sounds sweet. How tall is it?
If your talking to me it was about four to five feet, I saw it from over the counter in the back where they keep all of their goodies. By the way shits still there, I think I'll buy it if I get the damn money in time.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

lon3vvolf wrote:... when you argue with that F*CK who made the Berserk movie thread! :twisted:
I did at first, but eventually realized from his responses how utterly pointless bothering to argue was.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

fujinsan wrote:
Starnum wrote:Wow, really? That sounds sweet. How tall is it?
If your talking to me it was about four to five feet, I saw it from over the counter in the back where they keep all of their goodies. By the way shits still there, I think I'll buy it if I get the damn money in time.
Actually I was talking to Lonewolf.
lon3vvolf wrote:I know this is off topic, but I got an actual 1:1 scale replica of Clouds/Angeals Buster sword from Final Fantasy VII. Thing is heavy. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.
I would like to see those pics, and I'm curious about how you got it and how much it ran you. I wouldn't mind having one myself, you see.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Starnum wrote:I would like to see those pics, and I'm curious about how you got it and how much it ran you. I wouldn't mind having one myself, you see.
AHhh I've been trying to take some already. Got called into work for some overtime and planning something for the weekend. I might get a chance to take some tomorrow afternoon... You'll be the first one to know. And the price, I don't know... it was a gift which I have no idea where to place in my already 'videogame-anime' inspired clusterfuck of a room. :D

In the meantime here this (gift from 2 years ago, scale is 50% real size)
Buster sword with materia slots.

On a side note... I was pissed off one day and swung that bitch... thing flew apart and separated into pieces. Luckily it was put back together with this expanding glue so its stable now, but no more swinging until I get myself a DS or something.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, that's cool. Well hopefully your full size Buster Sword is put together better than that one. I hate it when swords can't even be swung without falling apart. Reminds me of this daimyo set I got once. I was totally stoked until I actually pulled the blades out and checked them...yeah. I tried to swing the main katana once and the blade bent. I striaghtend it out and put it away. It's not even worth displaying IMO. My real katana is WAY better, heh.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Well you asked, and after a long delay here it is, my other novelty sword:
Sorry for the bad quality pics, had to use my back up camera and had no one to take the pics for me.
As you can see it weighs approximately 10 lbs, which is damn heavy for a practical sword. Most swords used in battle ranged between 3-10 lbs, with claymores being on the heavy end of the spectrum.

I'm about 6'3 so you can estimate how tall it is.
And heres me goofing off with it:

Its heavy as hell to hold with one hand. 10 lbs isn't much, but when you hold it at an end it does get heavy.

Also note the horrible hair cut. Guess thats what I get for going to a barber academy...
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ok, cool. Thanks for the pics. It's still not as big as I was hoping, since you said 1:1. I mean the blade of the actual Buster Sword has got to be wider. Heh, either that or Cloud is just tiny, could be. Also, you'd think the back of the blade would be blacker, but I'm just being nit-picky I guess. In any case, cool none the less. ;)
Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Post by Buuhan1 »

*kicks all the FF7 junk out of the thread, and slaps you two* No, bad! Baad!

You know you've read too much Berserk when you take a shit, and your turd is shaped like the behelit.

I got that idea due to the fact I DO have to take a shit, excuse me.
I think Guts is a pretty cool guy, eh kills shit an doesn't afraid of anything.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

:TMI:

You know you have read too much Berserk when you spend the 8 hours you should have spent studying for the midterm math Exam philosophizing with a bunch of friends about the meaning of our existence, taking as a base the need for a reason Idea explained all humans have, and using Gatts and Griffith as the two main figures in whatever analogy you make to clarify a point you are making.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Rolos wrote::TMI:

You know you have read too much Berserk when you spend the 8 hours you should have spent studying for the midterm math Exam philosophizing with a bunch of friends about the meaning of our existence, taking as a base the need for a reason Idea explained all humans have, and using Gatts and Griffith as the two main figures in whatever analogy you make to clarify a point you are making.
Wow. Eight consecutive hours? That's...impressive.