anime/manga suggestion

Evil-Genius' latest information on its current projects: Angel Heart, Biomega, Watanabe, and Zetman.

Moderator: EG Members

mrJotaan
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

anime/manga suggestion

Post by mrJotaan »

I was just wondering if people think it's a good idea to have a section where certain anime/manga episode updates are provided. What I mean is for example having a Bleach thread where people post the latest torrent for a Bleach episode/chapter. Some people may not know sites that get updated quickly so it might take a while to find out if something new was released. I know there's a new release sub forum but I figure that's mainly for Evil Genius and it would be better not to mix the two up.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Maybe the mods can post all the torrents of that manga in the first post of the thread....and update it once in a while to make sure it is recent.

Starting new sections sounds like too much work involved.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Re: anime/manga suggestion

Post by Evanidus »

Making an actual section for it would kinda mean taking responsibility for it....

Without an actual staff to keep such things updated, it wouldn't really mean much.. there are just so many better ways to know if something is out than check on the forums too.

In a place like this, it's usually up to the fans.. they like to post new releases of things they like randomly and it ends there ;p (And this can be done in the Anime/Manga section, and with a followed discussion on the chapter/episode)

In any case, unless many people want it and plan to post to such section, I think it's pretty much a no-no.

---

While I think about it, on a different note.. maybe we should split the anime/manga section. At first, I didn't think they'd be used all that much on this forum and it wouldn't be worth it to make two.

Seeing all these anime and manga mixed up threads, kinda started to think it should be splitted after all ;)

Eitherway, up for comments
AbsoluteZero
Evil Genius

Post by AbsoluteZero »

I made two threads (anime and manga) for new releases. Hopefully people will post the new releases on those areas.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Yeah, appreciate your help :D . Although it would be muddled with different anime/manga, at least it's all within the download criteria.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Post by Evanidus »

Personally I don't really like the idea that much ;p

Not only will the thread by filled by different anime/manga, but it'll also have a ton of "yay!" and "finally!" posts ;)

And people would check the thread each time there's a new post to see what's new only to see a "yay!" about a previous release, or a release they don't care about ;)

Also, having a thread only for a specific episode/chapter release, makes it obvious and kinda opens discussion for the chapter/episode (which wouldn't work too well in a general thread).

Just my opinion anyway.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

You know, I have the time to update the threads so that the first post will always have latest chapter to download - mainly due to my free time. An edonkey site, animereactor, has the same system, where the first post consist of the downloads, while the rest are filled with spam.

Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Re: anime/manga suggestion

Post by Evanidus »

Evanidus wrote:While I think about it, on a different note.. maybe we should split the anime/manga section. At first, I didn't think they'd be used all that much on this forum and it wouldn't be worth it to make two.

Seeing all these anime and manga mixed up threads, kinda started to think it should be splitted after all ;)

Eitherway, up for comments
Hrm, actually will split them now.

Will move the threads as think they should be (if I see a thread talking about both the anime & manga, will prolly throw it in manga).
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

yeah splitting them will be a good idea. I think releasing the volumes by the chapters (starting new threads) is basically fine.

Just thought that there should be an index where you can find prior chapters. But hardly anyone shares the old ones anyway... :?

Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Post by Evanidus »

Eldo wrote:Just thought that there should be an index where you can find prior chapters. But hardly anyone shares the old ones anyway... :?
heh.. yeah for old stuff you're usually pretty much on your own.
mrJotaan
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by mrJotaan »

I know how you feel Evanidus and it should be a rule for posting in that thread that you can't post comments or feelings. It's only for downloading information and that's all. Someone who spends a lot of time on the computer could do what Jacks81x does and just update the thread.
Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Post by Evanidus »

mrJotaan wrote:I know how you feel Evanidus and it should be a rule for posting in that thread that you can't post comments or feelings. It's only for downloading information and that's all. Someone who spends a lot of time on the computer could do what Jacks81x does and just update the thread.
I added a note in Abs' threads about that.

Hopefully, 90% of the people should get the idea. (And we can deal with the rest)