Blood+

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

PiDDe
imanewbie

Blood+

Post by PiDDe »

So, they are making a sequel series to the movie (Blood: the last vampire movie that is) or prequel who knows*shrugs* if anyone is interested ;P
go read some here;

http://www.productionig.com/project.php?id=65
Bah
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

The first one was pretty good if you were looking for mindless action with little plot to get in the way. It was a good blend of 2D and CG as well. I don't like the character designs for this one though, but I'm still curious to say the least.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The movie was short but good it looked very good so i'm looking forward to this.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

Is the new anime going to follow the storieline of the manga follow up??? Blood the last vampire 2000 i believe it was called. If so then atleast some of the original questions are answered.
hmmmm then again if what that site says is true then there will be almost no connection to the original except for the characters. Not even the animations match. Too bad i kinda liked the style of the original blood

edit: just went to the original website of blood+. Even though i vcan't read japanese i think they are basing this anime on some new manga that i have never heard of. They have a picture of the comic they are using and i can't say i've seen it before
http://www.blood.tv/img/comics/comics_img_katsura.jpg
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Man that sucks cause what i liked most in the blood anime and manga was how it looked. The characters specaily was drawn very good.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Bah the designs from this anime looks like everything else. I liked the way the characters were drawn in the last one.
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

yeah the original drwing style kinda contributed to the feeling of the anime. This is just... well normal i guess.... i can't get any special feeling from that style. it's been used way too much.. I want old blood style back!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The old style is the only thing that made the anime famous,too bad the makers dont know that....

EDIT:

The trailer and promo is out now.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

At least this show is getting better.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

I'm the last person to complain, but wouldn't this be nercrobumping?
Actually this comes at a perfect time, I was Just about to start watching this series finnally. I was going to watch episode 1 yesterday but my computer refuses to play .mkv's. I think I'm gonna have to find an .avi version. It's not codecs, I think my computer's memory just can't handle it.
But what I did manage to see looked really, Really good.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yes this was necroed, but sometimes the dicision has to be made whether to necro or create a new topic. It is wrong to necro and it is wrong to create a topic already created. Some people few one as the better option than the other.

Personally I generally necro before creating, unless I didn't know of a previous thread.
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

I prefer making a new thread, because when a thread gets old enough quite often the things discussed get outdated and wrong.
This has happened to me before. I made a topic about something, like the date the Hellsing OVA comes out, and the thread goes on for a long time but then the date would change and the first post would be wrong. Then the thread would be inundated with morons who don't read the whole thread (maybe beacause there's a whole lot of replies) and they still think that the original date is right, and they start asking stupid questions and everything.

In the case of this thread, Blood+ has been out for a long time now. There's no reason to bring back a thread where people are talking about how it's Going to come out, you're better off making a new thread about how it is already out.
I mean, if I wanna talk about something in Berserk that happened in the Eclipse, but it relates to a more recent chapter, do I bump a thread about the eclipse, about the recent chapter, or a thread discussion abotu Berserk in general, or make a whole new thread?

So necrobumping in general I find is not practical, because the information gets old. There's a reason the thread died, because it's no longer relevant.
New thread>Necrobumping

Sorry to preach, I'm not pissed I'm just trying to figure out how things are done around here based on my previous experiance with other boards.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I'm not a mod and have no power, so my opinion doesn't really matter. Also in the case you are referring to it makes more sense since the date kept coming into play, but it all depends.

As far as berserk goes, since we have a whole forum dedicated to berserk nothing should really be in a berserk general thread. Also you should post in a thread that is most applicable. In the case if the eclipse comment had to do with the most recent chapter it is probably best brought up there since it would be relevant to the discussions there. If for some reason its off topic from the rest of the discussions there then it would make sense to post it in an eclipse related thread.

Personally I avoid starting threads whenever possible. I have one of the highest post counts and I probably have started less threads than some people that don't have 500 posts. What to do in a certain situation changes from time to time so its hard to define hard rules. There are alot of grey areas including this thread.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

I figured there are enough threads in the anime section that loose attention after a while why make another? I personally think if there is a thread on the subject and most of the material in thread is correct why not?

Anyhow did you get any blood watched yet?

SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

Still downloading. It's gonna take days at this pathetic rate. I needed .avi so the usual group wouldn't work for me, and this torrent doesn't have many seeders.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Damien wrote:I figured there are enough threads in the anime section that loose attention after a while why make another? I personally think if there is a thread on the subject and most of the material in thread is correct why not?
I agree with you on this one.
Damien wrote:Anyhow did you get any blood watched yet?
Though I know this was more directed at Sarah, I myself am interested in it and plan on watching it sometime in the future. The movie was fairly cool.

What do you think of the show so far?
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

I THINK that Blood plus is shaping up to be better than it was, so at least its starting to pick up some steam.

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Cool. I will probably aquire it at some point in the future to check it out. Currently watching to many other shows.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Ya, 30 was pretty good. But the poing was rather explaining how Karl (?) got (lost)his arm, rather than Haji. Haji may just have kept the Chiroptera arm as a reminder.
Yeah i know, i recognized him when he started talking, at least we know why he seems to fight Saya when she´s berserk.
Karl apereaing again reminds me, is he a Chevalier? i don´t remember him ever mentioning her in the Vietnam arc but he does seems close with Solomon and also treats Amshell (?) as brother.

The only thing I don't get now is: Why is Saya basically an asian girl, if her mother was found in iceland. And why did Joel, who seems like an established European Jew to me, give her a name like Saya?
I though that too, at that moment i just thought that Saya isn´t a very common japanese name but i was speaking out of my ass most likely, the most probable reason is that since the show is heavely based from teh movie and manga, they wanted to keep the main character´s original name.

By the way, Bill Kong, producer of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Hero, is producing a live action adaption of Blood: The Last Vampire. Ronny Yu will direct the film. No timetable has been announced.
Let´s see how that will turn out.

Double post, i know...

Double release by Sinshen, 31 and 32.

Episode 31 was a little slow, focusing more on the "family" situation of Kai, Rikku and Saya, where they finally settled themselves.

Episode 32 was.fucking.awesome, of all the courses this show could take, i totally didnt saw this one coming.

Spoilers for 32:

I think Riku got raped by Diva, in more than one way, this was very unexpected, mainly because of Diva´s spoiled behavior since she appeared and she never showed any intentions of giving birth to more Chiropteans.
As for Haji and Saya, i have no idea if they´re alive really, they had no problems killing important staff so far
Now there should be the next generation as Diva's group planned, let´s see how they can end the series in 20 episodes.
panasonic
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by panasonic »

riku totally got used and abused
"Education is the foundation upon which you build your entire lust for cash"-Onizuka

http://www.striporama.com/edits/main.html
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

31 was quite plain and boring. but in retropect it was building up to 32.
32 was a bombshell!!!

riku's rape and death was totally unexpected.
saya and haji's fade into obscurity in the end.
and a surprise time jump next ep.

this is the new high point in the series. before this i used to think that it was predictable and bland.

i was kinda taken aback on riku's death. i thought it would have been interesting to see a child chievalier. the thought of kai becoming diva's chievalier also intrigued me.
but kai becoming a badass red shield agent also is exciting.

=)
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Quest wrote:this is the new high point in the series. before this i used to think that it was predictable and bland.

i was kinda taken aback on riku's death. i thought it would have been interesting to see a child chievalier. the thought of kai becoming diva's chievalier also intrigued me.
but kai becoming a badass red shield agent also is exciting.
Yeah, one of the things i like about this show is that they aren´t afraid of killing important characters in a appealing way to the story; Life isn't all peaches and wounds that'd kill most people, but they just shrug off IE Bleach and Naruto. I really like how they cut close to the bone in this show. They take your emotions, ring them out, and beat hell out of them a second time. REALLY helps you to associate with both the antagonists and protagonists.

That being said, Saya is sure to be alive, it would stupid if she died on the boat.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Episode 32 was pretty crazy, I wasn't expecting that.

Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

so everyone has seen the eps already right?
...no more looking out for spoilers then.
=)

no doubt saya and haji will be back but whats exciting to see is how the other characters will have developed in the 1 year time jump.
it will be interesting to see the effects of the professor's betrayal, david's weariness and kai's maturation.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

so i haven't seen it yet, but i have been trying to so fucking bad!!! i love blood, (the last vampire) and i really want to see blood+. after a very short manga (1 vol) to follow Blood, i have been wanting more. eventually i'll get it!

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."