MMORPGs Discussion.

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

No it's a Nexon game: Imperian Intrigue

They have a very old english site so i'm not sure if this will ever come out here. I want the shirt they were giving away.
Rosiel
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Rosiel »

Grando looks hot
Under Construction!
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I wonder if Endless Saga will make an appearance at this years TGS.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

RF online

Something made by Sega I believe.

english site Codemasters is releasing the game here i believe.
Last edited by Malvado on Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Hm Open Beta there, does anyone play it and is it good?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

HOLY CRAP!!! I have to get S.U.N. Online now. The previous gameplay footage that was shown at E3 was crap compared to what you're going to see when you MMO lovers go over to http://sunonline.co.kr/PDS/VOD/ and download the 338 meg video.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yeah it sure seems sweet. But it wouldnt hurt to be able to read some off the info bout the game.
But it seems to have more depth in it then WoW for example

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

I can't download it, maybe because of the jap text in it. But I'm downloading the Cinematics now.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

That looks really cool, hopefully I will be tired of PSU by the time it comes out. I dont think I can play more than one MMO at a time.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

The 448 meg cinematics trailer looks pretty damn good. Especially the fight that has the big ass berserker in it.

Just saw some new screens of Ragnarok Online 2....looks like a pedophile's dream game....same with Fantasy Earth by Square-Enix. I believe most of the people who play these games will be sick fucks who get off on seeing young girls in panties running around with swords.

Also Requiem Prelude of Blood's site has been updated...but not much.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I am in the mood to play a mmo and I am leaning towards Guild Wars or WoW. Any suggestions?
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Gaiseric wrote:I am in the mood to play a mmo and I am leaning towards Guild Wars or WoW. Any suggestions?
Probably WoW dude, a shit load of people can't be wrong right??

I am done with MMOs my self. I can't stand the genre, I just uninstalled Guild Wars and EQII. In my opinion, you should get neither of them.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Gaiseric wrote:I am in the mood to play a mmo and I am leaning towards Guild Wars or WoW. Any suggestions?

Ingore Ayanami, I think an MMORPG player raped him or something. If you are into a huge MMO, and you like the idea of having tons pof people to interact all over the world, in a traditional RPG setting, go with WoW.

I really like playing GW, and one of the main reasons is a lack of a monthly fee. The problem with GW is that is isn't really like a traditional RPG. Once you leave a town, only you and your party are in that "world". Until you go to the next town/area, you will only meet NPCs and enemies, and the game is relatively story driven, there is a story, and as you progress through the game, you get more into it. SO it would be more accurately described as an RPG that is online where other people can join up with you during missions/boss fights/hunting Also, PvP is a pretty big part of it, by all means, you don't have to play it, but it is a very nice aspect.
ImageImage
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Honestly, Tempest just said the major "problem" with the game. My brother, an advid MMO player did not like GW at all because it lacked the "world" aspect as soon as you step out of town. If one of the reasons you like MMOs is because of the memories you have of n00bs training shit and getting pwned before your eyes or helping some n00b, then GW is not for you. I think the battle system owns WoW's even though it is broke as shit though.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Ayanami wrote:Probably WoW dude, a shit load of people can't be wrong right??
Yes, yes they can.

The lack of a monthly fee in GW does appeal to me, especially since I wont be playing everyday. The fact that everyone in the world plays WoW kind of puts me off on the game and I am not big on the cartoonish graphics. But a few of my friends play WoW, so maybe they will let me try it out for a while.
SirAileron
notanewb

Post by SirAileron »

Well, shit. Ragnarok needs more people, <_<
If not for the ray of hope, the world would've been consumed in darkness already
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Don't get me wrong, GW has some great stuff going for it that just makes life easier. You download parts of the world as you venture, so if you are just trying it out, the game does not even take up a gig of HD space. Another cool thing is that the game is purty. Always a plus, and it does not have that cartoony feel of WoW. I liked the battle system, and I liked all of the classes and the "once you have been there you don't have to walk there feature of the map is sweet as well." My main beef with the game honestly was that battles, especially PVP were too fast paced for me. You will have to give it a shot though if you really want an informed opinion on it, because I believe a large part of going with an MMO is feel of the game. Since you will be spending a shit load of time on it most likely.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Another thing to consider about your MMO of choice is levels. The sky is pretty much the limit with WoW. From what I have seen, it would take a long time of playign to get a max level character (by conventional methods). In GW however, you're cap is lvl 20, and it doesn't take very long at all to get. If you were presistant enough, you could get to 20 in a week, maybe less with one character, but then again you can have up to 4 characters. I have one lvl 17 and 3 other chars that are lvl 12-14. I don't get enough time to play much, so it's still pretty fun for me. But don't think that 20 is it for all things, first of all, many bosses go past 20, my 17 Elementalist has fought a couple lvl 24 enemies. Also, I suspect with time and expansions (the latest one was free) that the cap will be raised.
ImageImage
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Ragnarok has tonnes of private servers. I used to play on Vahalla, until I stopped my addiction before I forgot how to sleep and eat. WoW probably offers a better MMORPG experience, but I would personally prefer GW, since it's pretty much free after you purchase the game from my current financial situation viewpoint. If I had the money to pay for WoW, I'll choose that over GW in a heartbeat though.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I haven't played GW yet, but my friend has it. I'm going to go over there and check it out soon. I really like WoW though, it's a lot of fun. I don't get to play as much as some others though, because I've been leeching off another friend's account, heh. Shit, my comp can't even support it. Need to get some more damn upgrades when I get the money. Yeah, my level 36 warrior is still pretty cool though, heh. :P
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

City of Villains is still "recruiting" people for the European Beta.

I never played City of Heroes but playing a Villains sounds cool, I'll give it a try.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I have too many MMO's on my PC. But out of WoW and GW, i would say go with WoW. Yes Guild War's is more story driven but the events and such in WoW make up for that. Things that help you get possesed, 4 year old kings die, and you get to take out a whole bar. Those are how "instances" should be handled. Now GW has them very dead and empty unless you do a major plot event. As also said with the levels, GW is 20 while WoW is 60, they both aren't all that hard to get two matters about your class. The customization in both games are very big and lets you create many different possiblites. Oh and yeah GW is free.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Anyone here ever play Project Entropia ? it's a funass game and I heard that now you can find real life items in it. You pretty much spend say 10 real life dollars and get 100 PED (their currency) but you kill monsters and such with the weapons you buy and you make your money back. And the money you make there can be taken out with the same exchange system (100 PED = $10 RL). So in essence once you get a high enough level and masteries then you can drain them of money and make millions....considering you have the time. ^_^

Oh yeah, BTW you can play it for free. Just takes a long as time to get money without putting some in first.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the superb graphics for the monsters, landscape, buildings, and people. Also, the music is the best I have heard in an online game in a long time. Real chill. I made a CD of it I liked it so much.
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

Have anyone here played Eve Online?
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

No but i was thinking about it after earth and beyond shutdown.