Where is Berserk heading now?

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Hey Libaax, I just noticed you moved your residence...must be beastly hot around there. :twisted:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The sun isn't shining outside but its hot as hell in our house so i thought it was time i changed my location ;)
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

About the same here. It's good that the rain is coming now...I love that smell. And finally a time for workout...it would wipe me out in this currnet heat.
Fuck global warming! :evil:
akari
Found the Edit button

Post by akari »

I wondered where to put this, so I hope it 'll be good to place it here.

IMO the beast which shows itself at the ball wasn't send by Kushans. It was send by Femto/Griffith. Otherwise it would attack Guts.
And in that case the story seems a little bit more interesting :wink:

..........!!
gandalf
imanewbie

Post by gandalf »

I think the beast was send by the Kushans. In chapter 243 you see some
floating Kushan magician (master Diva) on a ship commanding an army
of those spirits trapped within creatures.
now i believe the beast was send by him, in order to kill all the royalty
in one time, so that the city is left without leaders. but now that Guts is there things are going to turn out differently.
Eventually the Kushan army will attack the city, and there will be a huge battle, Guts will try to leave because he doesn't care about the kushans
or about the people in the city. and just when the city is about to fall
the band of the hawk will show up and Griffith saves the day.
after that, I'm hoping for a standoff between Griffith and Guts, although
i believe serpico will be some sort of wild card, his behavior is unpredictable and with farneze's live at stake, there's no telling what he will do.
Anyway these are just my two cents.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yeah Kushan´s sent the beast/demon/thingy.
And I believe that all of the royals will be wiped out in one go, however I wonder if Griffith will come and save the day.. I mean he can advance really fast if all the noble´s are well.. Err.. Dead.
No competition and no one that can try and stop him from getting to the throne. Except for Guts of course :D

However Griffith must make an appearance when they are camped almost right outside the city, he can gain e few point´s if he saves all the common people´s live´s.
Furthermore I wonder if the Faerie king is that powerful that he seem´s to be..

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

Griffith has a whole army to feed now. Therefore, he might at least be concerned about getting Vandimions (Farnese's family) financial support.

Instead of letting all the nobles die, Griffith might decide to get support from some of them. At least from the influential ones, like Federico.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Griffith fav thing is using people for his cause so its not far feacthed.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

nah man your mistaken. Its hard for me to blame this all on grifith. Just think about it. He was completely and utterly fucked up. All his muscles riped out. His tongue. He was for all intents and purposes a vegatable. Now think if you were in his place. Being all fucked up, probably being starved and not thinking strait. And someone came up to you saying you can have your whole life back and more. What would you do?

Now for femto its a whole diff. story. I think griffiths actual personality was destoryed when he became femto. So for the rape thing i dont say its a crime of griffith , i say its a crime of femto.

just my 2 cents.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Post by isse-pisse-päron-pung »

He was and still is a politician, it's his everyday thing to make use of everything that he might benefit from 8)!
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

True, he is a realpolitik. But that doesnt stop the fact that he was out of it when he accepted being a godhand.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
akari
Found the Edit button

Post by akari »

gandalf wrote:I think the beast was send by the Kushans.
I know. Everyone thinks that way. But if that was true, than why the beast didn't attack Guts and the party? It should - it already killed guards in the entrance. And Guts & party were standing in its way. I mean Kushan don't know Guts & Femto does! So if Femto send the beast, than he could tell it to avoid Guts, because he know how strong he is.
Anybody else thinks that way or I'm the only one? :wink:

..........!!
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

actually the ksuhans might know about Guts now after he fucked up all those crocodiles and the gigantic seacreature
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

first off the beast was just a scout. its not going to attack guts because its job is to first scout out the situaiton. and second, they know of guts' existance dont they, since they were like "WTF KILL ALL OUR GUYS AND THAT HUGE THING!"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Buzkashi wrote:True, he is a realpolitik. But that doesnt stop the fact that he was out of it when he accepted being a godhand.
nah Griffith knew what he did when he choose to become a God Hand. If you have behelit you have to wish to it work.

Also becoming a god is something Gr. loves, i mean all his life he wanted to rule over he thought as king,he would. but then he got the lucky chance to become a God which is a lot better than being a human king.

Also its not the mangakas style to change everthing and make Griffith a human that is controlled by his otherself or something lame as that specaily after the hell Guts has been going trough cause of him.
akari
Found the Edit button

Post by akari »

Skullkracker wrote:actually the ksuhans might know about Guts now after he fucked up all those crocodiles and the gigantic seacreature
If I recall correctly, that old kushan geezer (on a ship) knew somebody destroyed his crocks, but he didn't know who!

..........!!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

We dont know for sure maybe he saw through they eyes of his monster who killed them.
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

So where is it headed now? 8-)
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

somewhere with out you. doing the godhand thing was the last possible way for him to ever achieve his goal. and earlier in the manga, he sets precedence that anyone who joins signs their life away to complete his dream. so he didnt betray them really, he just activated the fine script portion. also, the year it took for them to finally rescue griffith allowed time to weed out all of his bandwagoners so he would sacrifice only the true hardcore hawks.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

That's is what makes Griffith a evil bastard mrfelony,he think people are worth shit so that they mights as well sacrifice their life for him....
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

You dont know that.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yes i know that from what i have seen him do and say about people.

I didnt know you was one of those that think Griffith is a saint buz.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I think Buz means that even Gr. was scared of what his only option was, I mean the G4 had to push him over the line...I mean it took two chapters in the anime didn't it? Gr. knew it was the only way he could EVER achieve anything in his miserable life, but the price of it freaked him out at first...
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I didnt say anything about it not freaking him out,but he choose to do what he did cause he wanted to.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I wonder what would have happened if he would have said: nah, not interested ?

(Void saying: OK people, show 's over, nothing to see here, keep going!

--> everything back to normal and Guts saying: Well, that was weird...)