Where is Berserk heading now?

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

The_Paya
Mastered PM

Post by The_Paya »

Joeki wrote:I'd eat something allright.HER PUSSY !! !
Iemander wrote:Granted her clit is cut in half, or maybe 3. TASTY!!
Sick. :stupid:
-.wherever you go, there you are.-
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

....this thread just turned freaky...in a bad way, not the "my girl friend finally agreed to use the handcuffs" good way.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Sick is right, keep it in your pants and out of this forum..... but I agree that Miura has dummed down farnase as a character compared to previse chapters. I dont think her roll in the story is over yet, wheater its to die and tell Serpico to follow Guts in his travels or live and keep following Guts and babysitting Caska is yet to be seen. I think that road is coming up here in the next chapter. :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

actually i disagree that she has lost her depth. albeit she may not be as interesting because she isnt the freak she was, she has made a complete role reversal from extremist zealot of the church to wanting to learn magic...thats pretty big character developement right there.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Maybe it is the wishy-washyness of the character that makes her seem shallow.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

maybe Miura is planning a surprise for us. the visions - or nightmares so to say - of Serpico about Guts killing Farnese might come true...

if Griffith decides to interfere the Kushan attack and meets Guts, even Schierke might fail to save Guts from falling into darkness = serious problem for the gang.

If Farnese dies this way, it would be an interesting turn of events...
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

...with Serp. joining Gr. maybe, gang splitting up...this story just has such enormous potential!
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

whoa guts becoming more hated again...nevertheless interesting
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Iemander
imanewbie

Post by Iemander »

RedEyes wrote:maybe Miura is planning a surprise for us. the visions - or nightmares so to say - of Serpico about Guts killing Farnese might come true...

if Griffith decides to interfere the Kushan attack and meets Guts, even Schierke might fail to save Guts from falling into darkness = serious problem for the gang.

If Farnese dies this way, it would be an interesting turn of events...
Aw, that would just be too sad if that happened, I think the gang still feels a little under developed. It would be great if they went bigger instead of just Guts again.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

hehe im just thinking of how strongs guts' bones must be after having them broken so often and fractured...
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

I like the gang too. It's like having the Hawks again (Gatts even says that somewhere...). Even though their roles are completely different, they're a good team. I like when they work together as a team, that makes the action look great!

But I can't think what direction Berserk will take AFTER Elfhelm. Some doubts:

1 - Why Casca would want something different than Gatts? Maybe she wants the Hawks back while he only wants to kill Griffith?
2 - Can Gatts someday fight toe to toe with Griffith? I know he's getting better and better each day, but SK is inhuman and can't harm a GH, what about Gatts???
3 - Gatts/Casca child. So - who the fuck is the child? The one on the beach? If so, why Gatts was looking to the other side? It made me feel like he was watching the ugly demon that was his child before...and how reborn Griffith fits into this? I need to re-read all manga...have to download them all again :(

Cheers,

Khelegond
Joeki
notanewb

Post by Joeki »

How old is Guts all of the sudden anyway??!!!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

its in the FAQ
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

noob after noob remark....forgotten all he's learned
Last edited by MrFelony on Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Argh! That post was horrible. We used to fry noobs all the time for asking if Gatts could use the freakin behelit. That post reminded me of that, and it actually made me a little ill. First of all, why in the fuck would Casca support the man who raped her and killed all of her comrades? That just doesn’t make any sense. If she did, then she needs to just be put out of her stupidity. As for the rest of that crap, you can just go ahead and scrap it! We’ve already discussed it a million times, and decided that Gatts can’t use the behelit.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

MrFelony wrote:Im not sure if guts would actually do it, but I wouldnt rule out him becoming an apostle sometime in the future, though im not even sure if someone who is branded can become one. but we are at another pivital point in the story. righ tnow i think miura is just building up enough character developement and support for a major decision to be made.
I agree with Starnum. This is fucking stupid. I would flame you, but I'm too tired to do so.
FAQ wrote:Whether or not it’s physically possible, has yet to be foreclosed, since it hasn’t happened. Yet, there is a chance that it’s possible, because there has been some teasing, involved with Slann. However, the answer is practically no. First of all, The Idea of Evil has already decreed that it wouldn’t happen. Gatts’ chosen role was to be a sacrifice. On top of that, Gatts himself has vowed to never use it to become an Apostle. There’s also the fact that by bearing the Brand of Sacrifice, that if he gets to close to the Maelstrom, he’ll be pulled into it. The only reason he even held on to the thing in the first place, was in hopes of being able to summon The God Hand, so that he might kill them.
Oops, someone didn't read the FAQ. There goes the days without that goddamn 'Guts using behelit' question. I'm surprised myself that the tranquility even lasted this long.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Heh, stupidity comes in waves.... you stamp out the first wave and the next is already forming on the horizon.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

MrF is acting queer lately...
Can it be?
Did aliens (who definately didn't read the FAQ (I also didn't btw)) invade his mind? AND EVEN STOLE HIS AVATAR? WHERE IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?

:roll:
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

I can't accept Gatts using the behelit either, but since that is a consensus, I won't keep talking about that :)

And Casca wanting to join with Griffith...maybe that her subconscious is closing the events from the "Eclipse". So, she just remember that she loves Griffith, from the pre-Eclipse time.

If you stop to think, Gatts wanted to be equal to Griffith. So, if he wins, and do not sacrifice his friends, he's not only equal. He's superior. And then, he would show what a really hero is made of!

Man, that would be extremely cool!!!

Cheers,

Khelegond
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

the only thing i was thinking was that if a person shouldnt be able to escape the eclipse, then annother loop hole may exist. he shouldnt be able ot use the behilit, but i wouldnt rule out anything...but i wont argue this old and stupid point...the only thing i meant to think was that guts may kill his companions in the future, but that it would take a drastic turn of events...
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

...in a drastic manga.

That's what I like most about Guts. He has the power to break the rules...literally.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Yeah and he always does.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

guts embodies what i like about the law... you can break it....

where i think the manga is going are two monumental forces building up guts/griffith and a showdown of some type... alot of major character casualties (for those who dont think some major character will die... hell muira killed off judea! and the rest of the hawks)... we may see another midland in chaos everything gets destroyed savior rising from the ashes deal
Bow to Golbez
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

I don't think so. If there is one thing I like about Berserk the most its not repetative. I mean, they foreshadow and stuff but there isn't a formula for it like there is for...say...naruto! Every sub plotline follows a formula in that show...and it gets a little old. But in Berserk Muira keeps it fresh, I think something really really unexpected is going to happen...

so unexpected I can't even guess what it is :-)
:wink:
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

actually i disagree with you there. Berserk basically follows a cyclical patter varying the first cycle, though im not sure if guts is going to break free from this cycle, but at the moment he seems to be following it...

EDIT: and yes I've only hinted as to what i mean by this and have yet to provide a lot of evidence :P.