God hand is a joke....

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

well he is just pointing out that EG isnt perfect either, and though GH is pretty bad, EG has made several mistakes as well. just so EG's ego doesng get too big. and psi is serious, isnt SK.net in the FAQ about learning character backround among other stuff?
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

No, I wasn't being sarcastic. First place I visited when I started reading Berserk was sk.net, I appreciate those folk's work.
Libaax wrote:psi29a
I just don't get why he comes from nowhere and disses EG name spelling. When the thread has nothing to do with him or SK it was about what GH did with the speech of Farnese father. Except Sandman no one else was dissing SK trans....
He wasn't dissing anything, if EG screwed up the spelling of a name than we should own up to it and try to fix it next time around. This goes double if we are using their (sk.net) translations.

The point was, mizar was saying that EG and God Hands get the translations from sk.net, and by and large he likes the quality of EG over that of God Hands and even gave us props over Hawks. I think that is something to be thankful for.

We have had sk.net linked in the FAQ for ages, since this place has started. It is considered to be the #1 places to go for information on Berserk that is presented in a nice manor.

For those that wonder why I'm not laying down the ban-hammer, just read mizar's post. It is helpful and suggestive, and not condescending or offending. There is a lack n00bness about mizar, and I respect that. Many people visit the EG forums, and only 2% (if that) have posted. We are not the center of the Berserk universe. :P
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

If we did screw up the names, then we can easily fix it. I didn't even notice what spelling we had , since I don't really care too much about the names to even garner some notice. But ultimately, it's up to Oro or Starnum's decision if they want to change it.

Still, I agree with psi, SK.net has tonnes of Berserk content that I don't care to know about. It has a shitload of information that is put together through painstaking hours of hard work, and they have my admiration for that.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

We are not the center of the Berserk universe.
Damn. I always came here to check up on Berserk stuff and actually thought E.G. was the center of berserk universe. :)
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

berserk!
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

SPAM!

:kekeke:
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

WHACK
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

In conclusion : Some one here accidentally(?) stepped on the wrong toes . All us readers are very happy that EG has SK.Net's translator as a source , however having the same source doesn't necessarily mean quality work..and that is the issue with GH..... .
Didn't mean to step on toes of the translators of Sk.net, also didn't know that EG got the trans from there, but for GH to make a sub-par scantlation and put it out there for every one to see that is up to them. I guess they don't care if every one who reads their shit thinks that they are a bunch hacks who soil the sanctity of Berserk, like I said before GH leave it to the Pros :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Sandman: chill out man, GH is one person.

We have said "If you don't like it, make your own release." and that is exactly what he did. He filled a niche and did more than some of the people in this forum have done. Cut the guy some slack. Yes, his releases were sub-par, but some of you traiters(not directed @ sandman) still HAD to read it before getting EG's releases.

In the mean time... *evil grin*
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Ok I am done with this thread, hopefully he(GH) is watching and knows how I and others feel about this issue.

He is a god hand with only one finger, that is the reason........ :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

and i think its the middle one pointed in your direction sandman haha :D ;);P.

but nice pic psi
Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

Ahahaha. Nice one Mr. Felony
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

psi29a wrote:you traiters
Hahaha, psi called you traitors, you scum! I am very pleased with myself for not downloading GH's scanlations right now. :twisted:
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

LordMune wrote:
psi29a wrote:you traiters
Hahaha, psi called you traitors, you scum! I am very pleased with myself for not downloading GH's scanlations right now. :twisted:
Same for me and nice pic psi.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
ShinjiG
imanewbie

Re: God hand is a joke....

Post by ShinjiG »

Nazgûl wrote:snip
As if you could do better.
psi29a
Godo

Re: God hand is a joke....

Post by psi29a »

ShinjiG wrote:
Nazgûl wrote:snip
As if you could do better.
Care to clarify a little?
You do realize that Nazgul is EG right?
ShinjiG
imanewbie

Post by ShinjiG »

You do realize that someone that can get online should have some level of intelligence that you aren't displaying.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

anyone else think that that might have been the guy from GH?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

ShinjiG wrote:You do realize that someone that can get online should have some level of intelligence that you aren't displaying.

Damn wow what a bitch, constantly dissing the admin.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

He sounds like teh loser of a flame war. Just calling everyone who disagrees with him stupid. :lol:

Also he is saying psi is not displaying intelligence, when he is the one saying Nazgul couldn't do better, when we already have proof that Nazgul can do better. :roll:
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

::Throws sparkily dust.:: ( ' ')
Last edited by Artezul on Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

no more flaming of shinjig, here is why:
http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewto ... 5178#35178

taken care of, thread back to sudo normalicy.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I'll stop, though I never really started. I did just check my post time to see if it was before or after the psi post. Thankfully before.

I have to say I understand him to some extent, if you don't do anything for EG you shouldn't realy critize someone elses work, since you arent' doing anything. Nazgul, Starnum, Eldo, Femto, and anyone else who I may have missed who actually does work for EG, especially Nazgul, has the right to say wahtever they want since they spend so much time to create such a quality product.

Good job EG. :thumbsup:
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Just to clarify, I don't do anything as far as EG releases are concerned, I'm just a faithful moderator. The list of members that do work on getting Berserk up and running is listed in each and every release.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

As far as I'm concerned moderators count as part of EG, they are the 'elite' because they frequent the board so much... might as well put 'em to work.

Respect the mods, they have been around here for a long time and had the balls to post a lot. Most of it good. :D