God hand is a joke....

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I read Sandman's post and he were dissing only GH with every right.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Sandman wrote:All I know is that the translator for the God Hand posts on SkullKnight.net with the same shitty unfinished tranlations. We should all take a walk over to SK.net and fire up a shit storm of flaming on the God Hand :twisted:
Sandman wrote:I wouldnt do that, just telling you guys where to find the translator who fs up berserk translations. Plus the speech told us when the army was moveing out, far from pointless. Leave berserk to the pros God Hand. Twisted Evil
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

bad sandman bad :P. well thanks for the name corrections i guess. wand it is always good to make sure you diss the right person heh ;D.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Artezul wrote:
Sandman wrote:All I know is that the translator for the God Hand posts on SkullKnight.net with the same shitty unfinished tranlations. We should all take a walk over to SK.net and fire up a shit storm of flaming on the God Hand :twisted:
Sandman wrote:I wouldnt do that, just telling you guys where to find the translator who fs up berserk translations. Plus the speech told us when the army was moveing out, far from pointless. Leave berserk to the pros God Hand. Twisted Evil
So what?

In the first qoute he isnt be serious,if he was serious then its....

In the other qoute he is dissing the translator for GH and if its the same guy SK that posted in this thread that they copied fully from,then he deservs it.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

God Hand doesn't have a translator (Maybe, dunno), they use SK.net's translations. It's a single person I hear? He does scanlations, borrowing SK.net's translations.
Libaax wrote:In the other qoute he is dissing the translator for GH and if its the same guy SK that posted in this thread that they copied fully from,then he deservs it.
I'm sorry, I don't understand your meaning.

Sandman meant to step on God Hand's toes, but accidently stepped on SK.net's. Like shooting through your friendlies. :evil:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Then he is dissing the same guy in the two qoutes cause its he who messed up.

EG also uses SK trans but they didn't do what he did with the old guys speach.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

No, Mizar simply didn't have time to do the speech. (Or was it the Saiki?) I think they finished the speech afterwards. It's possible God Hand tried to get the scanlation out as soon as possible.

I have more sympathy for God Hand if it's a single man cell.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I dont have sympaty GH cause why even bother to bring out only a day faster than for example EG if you are not gonna give the people who read your stuff a good scan so they understand what is happening.

There must be 1000s of people would love to help editing/translating Berserk,so he could look after help.

I have seen lots of people like that in IRC who who wanna work with Berserk.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

It's possible he didn't want to wait when he knew Berserk was out and did something about it. He also took the liberty of giving other people the option of catching a glimpse of Berserk, albeit incomplete.
There must be 1000s of people would love to help editing/translating Berserk,so he could look after help.
Apparently he wasn't one of them.

I respect his attempt if he knew he was going to be flamed for it.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I don't really think that God Hand should have released a chapter without it being fully completed, since that speech proved to be quite integral to the story. That was the main point of this thread. I don't think any group with all seriousness will produce some half done work of their own or missing translations and release it to the public. They should have at least tried to find a translator that were willing to translate those two bubbles. It's evident that their editing skills are somewhat lacking to our own EG's work, you all have to thank/worship Nazgul for that one.

Regarding the names, we prefer consistency with their names rather than changing the names after every single chapter due to different interpretations of characters from the respective translators. We stick with the names that Saiki first used, and until an official name by Miura is released, nothing will be changed. We will change the names only when an official/'correct' English name is released, to ensure accuracy when compared to the Japanese version. I know that Starnum, our QC, prefer consistency (and accuracy, until confirmed) over everything else. Think Guts/Gatsu/Gutsu and Schierke/Silke name wars. There is no right or wrong before the official name was released.

As for translators and the such from SK.net or whatever, they are usually mentioned in the credits, but I guess Oro neglected to put up a credits page in his haste to feed all you hungry leechers for Berserk (yes, it's all your fault, you leechers, scourge of mankind, you bastards.) If you notice carefully, the translation from the Hawks versions and EG is essentially the same, and the same translator (Saiki) is given credit to. Although I'm not completely sure how Nazgul/Oro does things, since we all know that he's a one man army, I'll have to wait until he comments and clarifies this more deeply.

I'm glad you have no problem with us stealing translations. I'll have to remind Oro to set a credits page for next chapter's releases.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Saiki has been doing it since the Hawks Scanlations? Wow... he must dedicated.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Eldo wrote:I don't really think that God Hand should have released a chapter without it being fully completed, since that speech proved to be quite integral to the story. That was the main point of this thread. I don't think any group with all seriousness will produce some half done work of their own or missing translations and release it to the public. They should have at least tried to find a translator that were willing to translate those two bubbles. It's evident that their editing skills are somewhat lacking to our own EG's work, you all have to thank/worship Nazgul for that one.

Regarding the names, we prefer consistency with their names rather than changing the names after every single chapter due to different interpretations of characters from the respective translators. We stick with the names that Saiki first used, and until an official name by Miura is released, nothing will be changed. We will change the names only when an official/'correct' English name is released, to ensure accuracy when compared to the Japanese version. I know that Starnum, our QC, prefer consistency (and accuracy, until confirmed) over everything else. Think Guts/Gatsu/Gutsu and Schierke/Silke name wars. There is no right or wrong before the official name was released.

As for translators and the such from SK.net or whatever, they are usually mentioned in the credits, but I guess Oro neglected to put up a credits page in his haste to feed all you hungry leechers for Berserk (yes, it's all your fault, you leechers, scourge of mankind, you bastards.) If you notice carefully, the translation from the Hawks versions and EG is essentially the same, and the same translator (Saiki) is given credit to. Although I'm not completely sure how Nazgul/Oro does things, since we all know that he's a one man army, I'll have to wait until he comments and clarifies this more deeply.

I'm glad you have no problem with us stealing translations. I'll have to remind Oro to set a credits page for next chapter's releases.
I worship Nazgul much more now that i know how skilled the GH is compared to him.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

berserk!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Are you starting lose it or something doz ?:D
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

berserk is cool!
Mizar
imanewbie

Post by Mizar »

Eldo wrote:I don't really think that God Hand should have released a chapter without it being fully completed, since that speech proved to be quite integral to the story. That was the main point of this thread.
I agree, but the main reason I posted here is because some people started to wrongly assume that the translator at SK.net (Saiki usually) works for GH, and that he's a crappy translator for not translating Federico Vandimion's speech. Saiki only creates text translations and posts them on the forum at SK.net and so it's not that important to have a complete translation right away as it is when you make scanlations. Because Vandimion's speech was a bit difficult to translate well and Saiki himself didn't have much time he said he would be adding the speech later. I made a translation for his speech later in that thread but it's very different from EG's so I guess they have found their own translator for that.
Regarding the names, we prefer consistency with their names rather than changing the names after every single chapter due to different interpretations of characters from the respective translators. We stick with the names that Saiki first used, and until an official name by Miura is released, nothing will be changed.
Saiki first used both Federico, and Roderick, which are both existing names and is the correct way to write their names. Fredrico and Rodric are simply dead wrong, as they both would be written differently in Japanese. This has nothing to do with a different interpretation. Also, Gatsu/Gattsu/Gutsu/Gatts has always been wrong as well and every decent translator knew this. The Hawks were just being silly and stubborn.
Artezul wrote:Saiki has been doing it since the Hawks Scanlations? Wow... he must dedicated.
Well, Saiki doesn't work for either the Hawks, GH or EG and has been translating most new chapters for Berserk since about two years on SK.net. Before that there were other translators active there, but the Hawks have always been using those translations as well. SK.net has never approved of this practice but since this is the internet you can't really do much about it, now can you?
Joeki
notanewb

Post by Joeki »

Well , if Scanlaters can't use them , what is the use of those Translations?
Don't get me wrong here..obviously without your translations the scanlation groups and thus us readers would experience a major setback so I'm very thankfull for your translations. But I think its only natural to have a scanlation group using them as they obviously reach a bigger audience than the SK.net forum and isn't that the point of translating a manga : To bring it to a global audience outside of Japan ??? One would only make it a more troublesome job if one didn't allow the sharing of information right?

And isn't it so that EG has always added credits in the past ?

In conclusion : Some1 here accidently(?) stepped on the wrong toes . All us readers are very happy that EG has SK.Net's translator as a source , however having the same source doesn't necesarely mean quality work..and that is the issue with GH..... .
Mizar
imanewbie

Post by Mizar »

Joeki wrote:Well , if Scanlaters can't use them , what is the use of those Translations?
For people who actually buy the manga perhaps? Not every translator condones piracy, you know. At SK.net we try to encourage people to purchase the manga, but if you give them nice and perfect scanlations it will create less incentive for people to actually purchase the manga themselves. At least that's SK.net's philosophy.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Artezul wrote:Saiki has been doing it since the Hawks Scanlations? Wow... he must dedicated.
Well, Saiki doesn't work for either the Hawks, GH or EG and has been translating most new chapters for Berserk since about two years on SK.net. Before that there were other translators active there, but the Hawks have always been using those translations as well. SK.net has never approved of this practice but since this is the internet you can't really do much about it, now can you?
I didn't say Saiki was affiliated, I said he's dedicated... maybe old too.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Mizar wrote:
Joeki wrote:Well , if Scanlaters can't use them , what is the use of those Translations?
For people who actually buy the manga perhaps? Not every translator condones piracy, you know. At SK.net we try to encourage people to purchase the manga, but if you give them nice and perfect scanlations it will create less incentive for people to actually purchase the manga themselves. At least that's SK.net's philosophy.
It is altruistic, but it probably (using path of least resistance) isn't what a majority of people on SK.net does. Grabbing the raw manga and reading the translations is about as "zero-day" berserk as one can get. However, I can be wrong 'bout that too. *shrugs*

I'm still waiting for Nazgul to sound off on the thread. :P

Libaax: No worries man, no need to be defensive of EG towards Mizar. Go read about his work over @ http://skullknight.net. In fact I encourage people to check the place out, they have put a lot of effort into the Encyclopedia.
Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

Man... Mr. Psi29a i can't tell if your serious or not about this
In fact I encourage people to check the place out, they have put a lot of effort into the Encyclopedia.
cuz your a pretty sarcastic guy.

Wow. Nice little offensive and defensive going on. What a little slip of the tongue/keyboard can do... :lol:
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

In fact I encourage people to check the place out, they have put a lot of effort into the Encyclopedia.

I think it's serious. I just had a peak and it's good.

Anyhow I don'treally keep up with this discussion, but I am thankful for everybody's work who enables me to get my hands on Berserk, which has no legal possibilities. :cry:
Last edited by Skullkracker on Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I don't see the sarcasm in his post.
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

Even if I'm not that big of a Berserk fan like everyone else, it is easy to tell the site he linked to has an extensive list of stuff that can help anyone better understand the manga.

At Evil Genius, we're not hear to make fun of people for releasing a few chapters faster or ridicule people translations (I think people would laugh at my made up translations but that is beside the point). Seriously, I agree with the guy above when I say that I'm grateful we can all work together to get Berserk released for the general public.

Edit: Nothing wrong with buying the manga and anyone would agree that it is the better thing to do seeing that it supports the mangaka. Still, the prime reason we do this is to get it to people who, otherwise, wouldn't be able to read this enjoyable series.
EG needs some help. Please feel free to contact us if you want to become a part of the staff.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

psi29a

I have been to SK but it was a while since then.

I just don't get why he comes from nowhere and disses EG name spelling. When the thread has nothing to do with him or SK it was about what GH did with the speech of Farnese father. Except Sandman no one else was dissing SK trans....