God hand is a joke....

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

MrFelony wrote:wow EG was seriously so much better and was translated so that it actually made lord vandimon sound bad ass
Yeah...agreed

I love E-G because before EG was the hawks and even they left some stuff out or worded it wrong. (But still good overall) Even if the dialouge isnt relevant at the time it might hint towards sumthin in the future or might become a big issue.
Paeschke wrote:I've seen things before translate directly as something like "leaving tomorrow I will be"
Doesnt Yoda talk like that? :shock: (this smiley reminds me of Yoda too) But it is wrong because Japanese is structured Subject, Object, Verb versus english which is Subject, Verb, Object.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

No double posting.

<insert boring speach about stupid rules here>

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I feel sorry for the people that dont know of EG and read GH versions....

If i see someone who read GH version i will try to save the poor guy and tell him about EG.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Libaax wrote:I feel sorry for the people that dont know of EG and read GH versions....

If i see someone who read GH version i will try to save the poor guy and tell him about EG.
So long as it isn't on the GH web-site or mailing list or forum... would make our stance a bit hypocritical. thanks -- psi29a
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I was thinking about more Irc or non GH forums where there have been many people who have asked me about Berserk.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well, if they do read earlier chapters which are done by EG, it's most likely that they would have heard of EG. :P There are small numbers of people out there that actually read a manga from it's latest release and neglect to read the earlier ones.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah but there are people who take for granted that all groups are good which GH has proven that isnt the case.

Well i didnt know about EG cause i read Hawks and waited for them several weeks before i found EG.
Iemander
imanewbie

Post by Iemander »

The first volumes made by hawks were pretty bad as well, got better the further they got though.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

All I know is that the translator for the God Hand posts on SkullKnight.net with the same shitty unfinished tranlations. We should all take a walk over to SK.net and fire up a shit storm of flaming on the God Hand :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Hopefully people in skullknight will tell them to their job better if they want people to read their stuff or don't do it. But i don't think many people read their version so probably not many people care if they suck or not.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Don't go starting shit in other people's forums. That is just wrong. Don't worry 'bout it. Let SK.net handle its own affairs. They know we are here.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I wouldnt do that, just telling you guys where to find the translator who fs up berserk translations. Plus the speech told us when the army was moveing out, far from pointless. Leave berserk to the pros God Hand. :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, I think we did pretty damn good on the latest chapters. After my QC, the final releases only had two mistakes. I would say that two mistakes out of three chapters is good shit. I apologize for the inconsistency with Fredrico’s name. It's spelled the crappy God Hands way on one page, and the more proper Evil Genius way on the next. I guess I accidentally missed it, sorry. It shouldn't be a problem in the future, because Nazgul has given me the responsibility of keeping the consistency and accuracy of the names right, an honor I've wanted for a long time. Anyway, we'll keep doing our best to bring you high quality shit. ;)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Mistakes that we didnt see isnt a mistake at all :)
Mizar
imanewbie

Post by Mizar »

Hi, I'm Mizar from Skullknight.net and I'd like to comment on our so-called crappy translations in relation to the groups 'God hand' and 'Evil Genius'. I'm amazed nobody here has actually realized that both 'God hand' and 'Evil Genius' get their translations from the same 'crappy translator(s)' at SK.net. The only difference is that Evil Genius QC and edit our translations more and won't even think about releasing an incomplete translation. I do agree that Evil Genius' version is better, but there are still a few mistakes they make, especially when it comes to proper naming (something the Hawks have always been having problems with as well).

Anyway, I'm the one who created the translation for Chapter 258 on SK.net. And both me and the other translators over at SK.net have absolutely nothing to do with either 'God hand' or 'Evil Genius', we just provide text translations for the community over there. That's all. Not that I particularly care anymore that people are stealing our translations to make scanlations, but I do care that people at least get their facts straight.

Now a few comments about 'EG's translation' if you don't mind:
  • It's Federico, not Fredrico. The crappy God Hand's way was actually correct. Sometimes it's better to just leave our translations alone. ;)
  • EG used the word 'Vatican' in Vandimion's speech, this should be 'Church' or something similar as there is no 'Vatican' in Berserk.
  • 'Rodric' should actually be 'Roderick', or maybe 'Roderic' ('Roderik' is technically also possible, but since that's a Dutch name it's very unlikely). Rodric would be written in katakana as ロドリック.
So, next time you steal our translations, make you sure you do it well, ok? ;)
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Hello Mizar of SkullKnight.net:

Commenting on your post, I believe this thread was made to put down the other group releasing Berserk Scanlations, the God Hand. We haven't mentioned SkullKnight.net until Sandman's comment.
Sandman wrote:I wouldnt do that, just telling you guys where to find the translator who fs up berserk translations. Plus the speech told us when the army was moveing out, far from pointless. Leave berserk to the pros God Hand. :twisted:
As for his comments, I believed he was trying to aim that at God Hand, and unintentionally inferred you translators as well. Or he knew it was you, and then we have at it...
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I will not to comment on this until one of the EG members shows up to put the facts straight, but I think you are assuming too much at this point, Mizar.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Same for me.
Mizar wrote: So, next time you steal our translations, make you sure you do it well, ok? ;)
That sounds pretty hrm harsh.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Meh, I dont know bout the technical stuff. Well have to wait for some of the eg members.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Mizar
imanewbie

Post by Mizar »

Necromancer wrote: That sounds pretty hrm harsh.
The truth always hurts. :wink:

But seriously, I don't even care that much about the 'stealing' part actually, just wanted to set some facts straight here. I'm sure EG is mature enough not to deny the truth and take a little criticism.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

I've heard that Oro/Nazgul get's his translation from Saiki, and since Saiki is a member of SK.net then yes it seems EG uses their translations.

I'll let Oro/Nazgul comment on it.

btw, the smirk smiley seemed to be tongue-in-check. He just wanted people to know where the translations actually come from and that the difference between god-hands and EG is quality of scans and re-editing of scripts.

He is helping us out by pointing out details that can make EG better. :D
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

I'm only an editor so I don't have a part in the translation side of things. However, I would like to say that Evil Genius has the better version which would have been better than God Hand's no matter if it was released earlier or not.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to down or throw insults at the guy for releasing quick but, now, it is possible to do things quick and with quality at the same time.

I won't straight out call them crap because I know it is difficult to make some good releases when you first start out. Nevertheless, I don't see the point of going one-man group when Willis could just try coming here and helping us out.

It's cool if he wants to do his one man group thing though. More power to him if he does.
EG needs some help. Please feel free to contact us if you want to become a part of the staff.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I dont get what this guy from SK wants, we werent dissing SK trans but GH's editing like what they did to Vadimon speach.....
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

berserk!
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Libaax wrote:I dont get what this guy from SK wants, we werent dissing SK trans but GH's editing like what they did to Vadimon speach.....
He's probably referring to Sandman's posts. We unintentionally dissed them I suppose. And yes, this discussion was primarily aimed at the God Hand.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper