God hand is a joke....

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Oro
Evil Genius

God hand is a joke....

Post by Oro »

Just look at these pages,wtf is up with this?

Wow,they are doing such a good job that i dont wanna do berserk anymore... :roll:

Fucking shitheads might have released faster this time,but next time i'll show them how great this editor really is.
To2fPic
Mastered PM

Post by To2fPic »

I find it insulting that they actually think miura's well thought out dialogue is "pointless." Just because it's not coming out of the mouths of Guts' company nor Griffith's people they think it's ok to completely ignore it. Fukin assholes.
A wise monkey never monkeys around with another monkey's monkey
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

Hmm in this case perhaps people would be better of with a japanese dictionary and the raw....
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Maybe it was so much text that the translation couldn´t possible fit in the bubble´s (Well they might´ve, but we would need a microscope to be able to read it).
That said, I would still want to read what the speech was about. Maybe something about the war with the Kushan´s....

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

Loeviz wrote:Maybe it was so much text that the translation couldn´t possible fit in the bubble´s (Well they might´ve, but we would need a microscope to be able to read it).
That said, I would still want to read what the speech was about. Maybe something about the war with the Kushan´s....
Jeebus,noob...did you dl EG's chapter 257? :?
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

To2fPic wrote:I find it insulting that they actually think miura's well thought out dialogue is "pointless." Just because it's not coming out of the mouths of Guts' company nor Griffith's people they think it's ok to completely ignore it. Fukin assholes.
I agree 100%

That's the main reason why they didn't take the time to translate. I'm pretty sure they had the ability to do it, but were too lazy and wanted to rush the project to get it out into the public as quickly as possible.
Loeviz wrote:Maybe it was so much text that the translation couldn´t possible fit in the bubble´s (Well they might´ve, but we would need a microscope to be able to read it).
I don't think that had anything to do with it. EG looks like they did a great job fitting it on the bubble.
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

Now there are two reasons why I'm here. I hate, and I mean "almost a berserker" hate, when I got some chapters translated, that simply had no meaning whatsoever (probably bad translated), bad spelling (that even I, not a natural english speaker, wouldn't do) and some full pages not translated at all...god, I hate this loads of crap...

Anyway...great thing chapters 256-258 are here. I'm downloading them tonight!!!

Cheers,

Khelegond
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Whops!! I downloaded the last two chapter´s from God hand it seem´s...
And I was almost certain that I DL it from EG...

Ohh well my bad, gonna correct it right away, sorry bout that

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

God hand is a joke. I cant believe they did that.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

its like reading a half raw/half translated work...
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Another good reason to stay with EG with I never doubted to do.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Joeki
notanewb

Post by Joeki »

Thats why I tell everyone who asks me to get the EG releases...
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

The same could have been done at the high school fuckin' semester startin' ceremonies...
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

wow EG was seriously so much better and was translated so that it actually made lord vandimon sound bad ass...much more like what an actual introduction of someone that powerful would sound like. good job EG :D
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Small compensation for a guy considered weak by his woman.

I wonder why she want to check the troops personally (mentiones in one of the previous volumes)...as if I didn't have a guess... :P boy am I bad...
Saiyah
This is my new home

Post by Saiyah »

I peeked in here expecting to see something completely diffrent, but damn...
I wonder how many people depend on them for scans, must be a dissapointed bunch ....

In all honesty I bet they read that stuff (or lack there of :lol: ) for a quick fix of berserk, then crawl here for the good stuff kids kill for. 8)
Nah, It's not true.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

God Hand is... God! :worship:
You MUST worship their consistent misspelling of "speech" and their utter inability to AA their text! I smell MSPaint.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

If God had two hand the Mod hand of EG would be reaching for the heavens while the God Hand is busy scraching Gods Ass.... Thats right God Hand bow down to the almighty Mod Hand :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

What are they going to do next? When Griffith speaks, will they say

< This speech is shit. Forget about it... This is not good old Griffith, what happened to him !? >
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

This is one of many reasons why most of us here wait for your releases Nazgul. Once again, we all really appreciate it.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I believe there is one emoticon that was created specifically for expressing how awesome EG is, it's :headbang:.

The one created for God Hand is :kekeke:.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Hey, I laughed. :wink:

Cannot even begin to compare with EG. As always, thanks for the release. I would also like to commend you Nazgul for getting the chapters done in record time.

*Eldo bows in admiration*

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Paeschke
imanewbie

Post by Paeschke »

Yeah that is pretty sad to see people get that lazy and throw half finished stuff around. Could it have been something they were having trouble expression when translated. I've seen things before translate directly as something like "leaving tomorrow I will be" and normally get changed to "I will be leaving tomorrow" since it is more grammatically correct. You ever run into things like this while translating?
<user your imagination to insert awesome quote and pic here>

Amazingly Wonderful Post on these forums I like to call "How not to get Flamed as a noob" AKA the
FAQ
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Paeschke wrote:Yeah that is pretty sad to see people get that lazy and throw half finished stuff around. Could it have been something they were having trouble expression when translated. I've seen things before translate directly as something like "leaving tomorrow I will be" and normally get changed to "I will be leaving tomorrow" since it is more grammatically correct. You ever run into things like this while translating?
It is, IMO, impossible to directly translate a japanese sentence to english and expect it to make sense. The sentence structure is just so fundamentally different.
Berserk is hardly Gantz when it comes to dialogues, so if the translator can't handle it he shouldn't even try.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
BiQ
imanewbie

Post by BiQ »

Most probable reason for the missing speech of Lord Vandimion might be that they seem to have taken their translation off from another board which had an incomplete text translation the day after 257's publication in Japan...