Vampire Hunter D

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

If your looking for vampire novels, then the vampire chronicles by ann rice are good. Also i guess theres this book out called "the historian" thats supposed to be really good.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

Thanks Buzkashi, I've never heard of 'the historian' before, I'll check that one. I'm biased towards Ann Rice, as I think story of the movie Interview with a Vampire was boring. So, I'll start with something else...
Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

Heh, yeah, Maya captured my interest too...once I'd seen that pic, it quickly became a favorite. I'm a tattoo fiend & a 'blood' tiger mirrored a concept for a design I once had. Besides that, just her overall manner of innocence meets brutality, makes her a kindred spirit of mine lol!!

Didn't have any big plans for it...just wanted to tinker w/some effects to spice it up a bit maybe. But I never really had anything particular in mind.

Gal Grease & Hell Hound are pretty much hentai'ish. I can't remember which (think it's Gal...) but I know one of them even had a tentacle monster portrayal lol! The art is fucking fantastic tho.

Buz', I've heard loosely of "The Historian". May have to check it out one of these days. But if you like the gore factor, pick up anything by White-Wolf, in the World of Darkness series. They're mostly RP Guides & such, but its just as good as reading material. They also sell novels now, but personally, I found the guides to be better material. When next in a comic store, or such, that happens to carry the stuff, loiter a bit & read thru some of it.
"Your father sucks the flaking cocks of lepers in the lowest circle of HELL!!!"

..."Does he swallow?" ~Hellblazer

"Imagination is intelligence with an erection"~Victor Hugo

"Life is a disease...Sexually transmitted & fatal"~Neil Gaiman
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Will do. After I finish the Vampire Chronicles and The Historian that is.

..nvm i just bought it at comicon.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

D Update: Volume 4: Tale of the Dead Town

Off to pick this up today...hopefully. Volume 5 is slated for September & 6 in November, releases.

Out of curiousity, who has been following the story & what are your thoughts??

Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

I´ve been interested in reading the novels since i saw the most recent vampire hunter D movie, does the rule manga » anime also applies to novels?
Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

Hmm, I think so. But it's kind of like comparing Berserk anime to manga. Both are great, but ultimately novel & manga win overall for the sake of having that much more detailed content. Personally, I love the animes, but I prefer the novels w/out a doubt

Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

the novelsa re reallygood... i just finished raiser of gales... and look forward to the next one... i dont know if it's been said before... but the stuff is well written and you're literally on the edge of yourseat sometimes... even the two novels the movies are based off are well worth the read for there are details and wahtnot the movies never touched on and even changed....
Bow to Golbez