Dangu and other Manhwas

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

Priest was some boring shit. I almost fell asleep while skipping the first 3 volumes. Does it get better?

silverado
ZombieToaster
Mastered PM

Post by ZombieToaster »

While i have no idea how your mind works i can atleast say this. Almost all volumes are different. If youll like em or not is a whole different thing.
Groovy!
ddem1
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by ddem1 »

Thanks for the info, I'll try getting some money to buy the next few volumes :D Hmm need to re-read the first one too 8)
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Following the wild talk about manhwas and the awesomeness of most of them, I couldn't help fixing myself a new desktop. Since you are mostly responsible for it, I figured I'll share, and I don't want to open a thread for that.

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Basilisk isnt manhwa right?

The desktop looks good.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Na it just fitted right and I like it as much as the others.

I just post it here because it all started from this incredible cover of Island. It has to be one of the best cover of manga/manhwa ever. Hell I'm even considering getting the whole serie just for the satisfaction of having that cover. :?
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Nice desktop, too bad Sidooh isnt one of my favorites.

Dangu as 8 volumes out in korea if not more, if Nexgear is waiting for something, its not the volume releases, but maybe the raws which shouldnt be harder to get than any japenese mangas.

Priest was some boring shit. I almost fell asleep while skipping the first 3 volumes. Does it get better?

silverado
:cry: I just cant understand, any explanation? Maybe you werent in the mood at the moment(ex:sleepy), or you cant take the art, but I dont see how its more boring than any manhwa. Well if its not your taste, I wont force you to like it, but Ill recommend that you give it another chance. :?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Sidoh is it realesed by any group that cares about it? Not like 80& of the manhwas are dumped by its groups after one vol or two.

Who is the avatar? Not the dude in Island right?

About Priest, i cant take anyone serious when they fall sleep reading Priest cause i know it wasnt the manhwas that made him sleepy.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

I read it till vol 4 and personally i must say that it was a big dissapointment. I duno if it becomes better in the later vols, but I can say the art ist crappy compared to other manwha and the storyline is almost nonexistent. Just some semi priest demon freak slaugtering monsters. For me who hate Hellsing and Elfen Lied, it was just another boring read.

silverado
Last edited by silverado on Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Us @ Manga Underground For RAWS,
Manga and Anime Updates:
http://mu.manganet.org/
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

It's released by Yanime, on a more or less regular basis. It's still slow though.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

silverado wrote:I read it till vol 4 and personally i must say that it was a big dissapointment. I duno if it becomes better in the later vols, but I can say the art ist crappy compared to other manwha and the storyline is almost nonexistent. Just some semi priest demon freak slaugtering monsters. For me who hate Hellsing and Elfen Lied, it was just another boring read.

silverado
Thats the thing there is big complex story in Priest. There are many diffrent sides. Isaac origin dont appear before vol 6 so giving up before the story starts is too soon.

In the start its only about him killing demons and monster, its when you get to see why the manhwa becomes awesome.

Art is one of the best acording to me cause its perfect for a western.
Finito

Post by Finito »

Ava is from Chunchu v02 cover, sig from Zombie Hunter ch23.
Im done cleaning chapter 22 of ZH and was starting chapter 23 with this pretty nice double page pic, I knew I had to put it as my sig, heres the original

Well if you dont like it because there is no meaning to slaughtering monsters and the plot is non existant, you obviously havent read far enough, Priest as a pretty big story, I dont remember when it starts but they do a comeback in the past to explain what happened and that comeback lasts 4-5 volumes with loads of story.
ZombieToaster
Mastered PM

Post by ZombieToaster »

Just read Island vol 2-4 and its pretty sweet. Gonna be sad when its over.

Personaly id say that Priest´s art is on my top ten list.

Nice to see that someone is working on the rest of zombie hunter.
Groovy!
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

Zombie Hunter Vol 4 RAW's a book scan and there is almost nothing left for cleaning. Nevertheless I'd appreciate a cleaned version of the raw. I'll make a request on mangahelper.com for a translation then.

silverado
Visit Us @ Manga Underground For RAWS,
Manga and Anime Updates:
http://mu.manganet.org/
ZombieToaster
Mastered PM

Post by ZombieToaster »

Finaly, ive been waiting for those last few chapters for a year.

A question tho. Is there a real ending(forced or not doesnt matter realy) or does it just end?
Groovy!
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

All I can say is that the end is really wicked.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

I started reading Island. I must say it's good, better than expected, but one thing that is bothering me is that Pan allmost doesnt break a sweat when battling his opponents. I'm still at vol 3, so I hope that will change.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I would have be annoyed if he breaked a sweat cause he fights lame guys that cant fight and he is suppose to be mass murderer.

The dude in Island looks so damn cool, i only wish Munsu looked like that unlike his pretty boy and girly look.
Finito

Post by Finito »

silverado wrote:Zombie Hunter Vol 4 RAW's a book scan and there is almost nothing left for cleaning. Nevertheless I'd appreciate a cleaned version of the raw. I'll make a request on mangahelper.com for a translation then.

silverado
Yeah I will probably give the cleaned raws to the public if I see no progress from mangafreak in a while or if they tell me they wont work on it, becuz when i asked them they said they would work on it and it looks like they might want to finish the serie.

Even if im cleaning the raws, I still didnt look at the ending, I only skipped through v04 real real fast, so dont spoil anything. try to imagine what could happen in 5 chapters and what kind of ending they could come up with. :P
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

He looked better in his past.

silverado
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah he looked a bad ass then.

It doesnt annoy me but his hairstyle and the band thing in his hair annoys me sometimes.
ZombieToaster
Mastered PM

Post by ZombieToaster »

Libaax wrote:It doesnt annoy me but his hairstyle and the band thing in his hair annoys me sometimes.
:lol:
Groovy!
Pergatory
Mastered PM

Post by Pergatory »

anyone know where i can get my hands on scanlations of "Nambul-war stories"?
The Sea At Night Time Makes Me Shiver...If You Stare At It...It Feelis Like You'll Get Swallowed...Into The Depth Of This Dark Wave... Image
Finito

Post by Finito »

Pergatory wrote:anyone know where i can get my hands on scanlations of "Nambul-war stories"?
Well no group worked on it apparently, theres no scans on lurk, and Emule search finds nothing. So I doubt there are some scans of it, maybe in korean.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

ZombieToaster wrote:
Libaax wrote:It doesnt annoy me but his hairstyle and the band thing in his hair annoys me sometimes.
:lol:
In another words it doesnt annoy me all the time but sometimes :lol: