Dangu and other Manhwas

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Dangu and other Manhwas

Post by Libaax »

Is an intresting action manhwa by nexgear.

Does anyone here beside me read it?

If not go nexgear if you want some nice action and cool art.
Last edited by Libaax on Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Yeah, it was mentioned in another thread, but what the hell.

Shin Angyo Onshi is better. :kekeke:

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

This thread is for Dangu not for that manga ;)

If you had read Dangu you woulndt say that.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I've read Dangu, and I still think Shin Angyo Onshi is much better. :kekeke:

Volume 1 is kind of like a introduction, by the way (to the people who haven't read it). The story really begins in volume 2.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah i saw the preview looking forward to vol 2.
Pergatory
Mastered PM

Post by Pergatory »

yea i'm enjoying it so far its looking good
The Sea At Night Time Makes Me Shiver...If You Stare At It...It Feelis Like You'll Get Swallowed...Into The Depth Of This Dark Wave... Image
martyr3810
Mastered PM

Post by martyr3810 »

My favorite Manwha is still Change Guy, although Shin Angyo Onshi is pretty good... Haven't found/tried Dangu yet tho.
I am without a home and in that I find my place in it all.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I don't know how good Change Guy or Shin Angyo is but Dangu deserve to be read if you are into good manhwas.
martyr3810
Mastered PM

Post by martyr3810 »

Know where I can check Dangu out? You can get Change Guy here>> http://www.ino-uk.com/index.php (its under downloads and then Manwha) and Shin Angyo Onshi here >> http://www.tidwah.net/index.php?type=release
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I don't make a lot of recommedations, but Shin Angyo Onshi is one that deserves to be read. I'd say it's better than Dangu. Nearly all the people I've recommended to enjoyed very much, including this strictly shoujo chick (yeah, she's pretty fucking crazy).

RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

I've never read a manwha and I didn't know which ones are good. So I'll start by Shin Angyo Onshi and Dangu...
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Priest is also good if you wanna try Manhwas. It's reminds of me Hellsing when i read it.

Since there is something wrong with our pc that makes it so i cant download mangas i want like Shamo from irc,i'm gonna try Shingo.
bgik77
imanewbie

Post by bgik77 »

Libaax wrote:Priest is also good if you wanna try Manhwas. It's reminds of me Hellsing when i read it.

Since there is something wrong with our pc that makes it so i cant download mangas i want like Shamo from irc,i'm gonna try Shingo.
i have tried priest but the art is like some kid doodling during school hour :P
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah the art isn't the best but its too good to not read just cause of the art. Also the art fits the western world for some reason.

Edit:

I have read 2 chaps of Shin Angyo Onishi and i cant say its better than Dangu yet.

I don't like how weak the main characther is,everytime he is in trouble a girl in a tong saves him......
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Nothing really new except Dangu coming out of Korea since the last thread about this.

Yeah Priest is pretty good, dont miss it, you actually think the art is bad?
Maybe you read a bad chapter. The style is really good and original.

Anyway, other good manwhas not to miss are the ones made by the same guys of Shin Angyo Onshi, Island and Zombie Hunter(same artist but different auteur).
Also not miss Chunchu(Chonchu for french) which most translating groups stops at volume 1... dont know why :cry: . There is already 15 volumes out in Korea and 12 in Canada(french) I cant get enough!
High School(ends at volume 12 I think) was great till volume 7 where the artist lost is writter.

Dont have enought stuff to say that Dangu is better or not than Shin Angyo Onshi since im at volume 8 in Shin Angyo Onshi.

Spoiler for Shin Angyo Onshi
Dont worry the Hero in Shin is only weak because hes been cursed. But he only removed his curse at end of volume 8. Lets see what happens soon.
martyr3810
Mastered PM

Post by martyr3810 »

Someone new is scanlating Chonchu... can't remember who though, started seeing Chonchu on one of the bittorrent trackers I keep track of...

Did anyone ever pickup Zombie Hunter again?

Island was awesome, anyway you looked at it and I still haven't managed to get ahold of Chonchu past chapter 2...
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Isn't Zombie Hunter made by the same guy or girl who does Bleach?? What is Bleach also a manhwa?? The writer's name doesn't sound like a Korean.

I have read up chapter 7 part 4 of Shin Angyo Onishi and i loved it but it still bothers that the girl always save Munsu in the last second. And its not cause of his breath its because always a stupid reason like he slips and then she jumps in and saves him. It makes the fights predictable cause you know she is gonna jump in the last second. Hope that change soon or it might ruin the manwha for me.

About his breathing problem i like it cause it makes more human than most main character in these kind of mangas.

Also guys i want you to write all the manwhas you have seen so we can read more manhwas.

I have read Banya its only three chaps out so far but atleast it isn't dumped by the group that does it.
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

Most probably Zombie Hunter will stay incomplete as mangaka is drawing Bleach. After Bleach, he'll most probably start drawing something else...

*EDIT* Sorry... Above, I mistakenly gave info about ZOMBIE POWDER not Zombie Hunter. Zombie Powder is an uncomplete manga by Kubo Tite, the mangaka of Bleach. For more info: http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Zombie-Powder
Last edited by RedEyes on Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Zombie Hunter ended a long time ago,dont think the manhwaga will write it again.
Finito

Post by Finito »

Why do you say the guy that draws Bleach is the same as Zombie Hunter?
Bleach is japenese and its drawn by Tite Kubo, and Zombie Hunter was drawn by Yang Kyung-Il with the auteur Buronson(thanks to him the serie ended at volume 4!!GNAAA!!)and its Korean... Manga-Freak was releasing Z-H but they stopped at ch21, I dont think there is more than 25chapters so its lame they stopped just at the end.

About other manhwas I dont know if any groups took more ill go look now.
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

I edited my post. Tite has an incomplete manga named Zombie Powder... Extreme name resemblance :(
Finito

Post by Finito »

yeah it happens.

Some Manwhas:
Priest
Dangu
Shin Angyo Onshi
Zombie Hunter
Island
Change Guy
Chonchu
High School
The Legend of Soma
Armageddon
Zero
Banya
ChunRangYulJun (Sirius)
Dark Strider
Peigenz
Ares
Last Fantasy
Ragnarok Online

I just looked in Dailymanga for autors with korean names and took the best I found, alot of them are stopped projects...must be becuz its korean. I didnt take any shojo or stuff like that.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Obs i saw my mistake about Zombie Hunter just now.

I'm thinking of buying vol 1 of The Legend of Soma to see if it any good cause i read two chapters of vol 1 when Nexgear where releasing it.

Which manwha do you recomend of those to read?

I have read these from that list

Priest
Legend of Soma
Dangu
Shin Angyo Onishi
Banya
Finito

Post by Finito »

I gave my recommendations in a earlier post but ok, I didnt read all of those too.
I already read these:

Priest (AWESOME!)

Dangu (Just GOOD!)

Shin Angyo Onshi (TOO GOOD!)

Zombie Hunter (Really GREAT! Only complaint is that it ends on volume 4 so we cant appreciate its greatness for long)

Island (Pretty GOOD! not as good as Z-H but still great, 7 volumes)

Change Guy (ITS LIKE CANDIES! Started this one 2 days ago, the art at the start is bad, and the story is stupid but the arts get better and the story also, its pretty action packed! I love it!)

Chonchu (GREATOOO!!! This one is in my top5! manga and manwhas together, my avatar is from that too)

High School (Good action/comedy, only problem is the story that is not so great and went downward after vol6-7, 12 volumes)

The Legend of Soma (Arts are ok, the story is kinda boring and pretty predictable, maybe its just me, didnt get any vibe from this one)

Banya (I dont even remember reading this one but I know I did read 2-3 chapter in french, but if I dont remember it its not a good sign)

ChunRangYulJun (Sirius) (bad arts, didnt read enough to get into it, but it was ok)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I started reading Change Guy and i love it already after the first vol cause its as you said stupid right now but its funny how clueless is. He only thinks only about studying .

Of those i have read this is the order i like them in

Priest(Awesome)
Shin Angyo Onishi(Very Good)
Change Guy(Good and funny)
Dangu(Good)
Banya i have only read the 3 chaps that is released its enough to decide how good it is.
The Legend Of Soma(ok)