Berserk Stupid theories

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

is this thread useful?

Yes
51%
No
15%
You should die Dark for reviving this shit
34%

Total votes: 248

hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Re: Berserk Stupid theories

Post by hbi2k »

tsubaimomo wrote:WOW SO THERES REALLY GONNA BE A SECOND SEASON THANKS HBI@K FOR CONFIRMING THIS FOR US YOUR SO COOL!!!!!!!!! HEY WHEN IT COMES OUT CAN YOU PLZ DO A ABRIDGED OF IT OK THANKX
omg no cuz i will be pl@yin idolm@aster kthxbi
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

hbi2k wrote: omg no cuz i will be pl@yin idolm@aster kthxbi
Cute. Now please, don't ever do that again. :lol:
Born_Loser
notanewb

Post by Born_Loser »

WOW THOS3 SCRENSHOTS R PRETY COL!!!111!1 THAY DONT LOK LIEK ANY GME IV3 EV3R PLAEYD BUT I ADMIT I HAVNT PLAEYD VERY MANY 360 GMAS OR ANY PS3 GMAS!1!11!!11 WTF IT WUD B NIEC IF THEY WARE EXT3NDNG TEH SAREIS THOUGH!11!!! LOL WE AL AGRE ITD B A CREM DR3M!!111! OMG LOL BUT AS HBI2K SADE ITS BST NOT 2 GAT ANY HOPES UP!1!!!! OMG ONCE WE FIGURE OUT WH3R3 TH3Y COME FROM THAN WA CAN GNASH OUR TETH IN DISAPOINTMENT OR WET OUR PANTS WIT JOY!1!11!11 LOL BUT UNTIL TH3N.!!1!111111!!11!! OMG LOL
[spoiler]please don't kill me[/spoiler]
"Never dance with a girl who's older brothers have knife scars." - Matrim Cauthon
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Born_Loser wrote:WOW THOS3 SCRENSHOTS R PRETY COL!!!111!1 THAY DONT LOK LIEK ANY GME IV3 EV3R PLAEYD BUT I ADMIT I HAVNT PLAEYD VERY MANY 360 GMAS OR ANY PS3 GMAS!1!11!!11 WTF IT WUD B NIEC IF THEY WARE EXT3NDNG TEH SAREIS THOUGH!11!!! LOL WE AL AGRE ITD B A CREM DR3M!!111! OMG LOL BUT AS HBI2K SADE ITS BST NOT 2 GAT ANY HOPES UP!1!!!! OMG ONCE WE FIGURE OUT WH3R3 TH3Y COME FROM THAN WA CAN GNASH OUR TETH IN DISAPOINTMENT OR WET OUR PANTS WIT JOY!1!11!11 LOL BUT UNTIL TH3N.!!1!111111!!11!! OMG LOL
[spoiler]please don't kill me[/spoiler]
That's too clever, you're one of them!
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Thank God I was never one of them. It honestly took me 5 minutes to read that. And how do you make your text small like that?

Newb eater? Ha, still am a newb.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Born_Loser
notanewb

Post by Born_Loser »

The Herald wrote:Thank God I was never one of them. It honestly took me 5 minutes to read that. And how do you make your text small like that?

Newb eater? Ha, still am a newb.
On the screen where you type in your message, you see these grey buttons at the top. Well, about 3/4 of the way to the right, you see the buttons Flash [Normal[v] Font colour. The normal is text size, you click the drop down and pick what size you want.
Tiny
small
normal
large
HUGEOMGLOL
"Never dance with a girl who's older brothers have knife scars." - Matrim Cauthon
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

When Griffith declares himself god of the Berserk world, God himself will open up the heavens, suck all the crazy fantasy stuff away, and give Griffith a biblical version of a spanking, and take all the crazy idea of evil magic and shit away.

P.S. the Da Vinci Code is a dumb movie
hbi2k

Post by hbi2k »

The Herald wrote:P.S. the Da Vinci Code is a dumb movie
The book was dumb first. (-:
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

well yeah, but the movie was especially bad
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Not surprising given that it's a movie adaption of a fairly bad book.
hbi2k

Post by hbi2k »

The Herald wrote:well yeah, but the movie was especially bad
So I hear. I detested the book enough that I made a point of skipping the movie.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

it's still hard to belive that in paris they base tours off of that book. when i went on a tour of paris when i was in grade 12 our stupid tour guide kept talking about it and i finally said, stop it lady, none of us care about the da vinci code, all of it is pure shit anyways. my teacher didn't much like me swearing at the tour guide.

in any case, it does bring up an interesting issue, is it really a big deal that jesus was married or not? i don't care, but then again it gives mary magdalin some credit, and not a lot of women have credit in scriptures. that's pretty bad considering women take up 51% of the world's population. i mean, c'mon, because of eve women are considered original sin, which is stupid because it was a snake, aka satan, that tricked eve in the first place. if he spent enough time on it he surely would have tricked adam. that's like the stupidest argument ever that women are the beginning of all men's troubles. and then if men renounce women for men, they're even more sinful. man, this sort of fucked up logic, or lack thereof, makes me wonder why i'm still a christian. though, jesus himself only had the utmost respect for people, and tha's the important thing.

and what does this have to do with berserk? something, i'm sure, though not directly, sortof to the side.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

The Herald wrote:i don't care, but then again it gives mary magdalin some credit, and not a lot of women have credit in scriptures. that's pretty bad considering women take up 51% of the world's population. i mean, c'mon, because of eve women are considered original sin, which is stupid because it was a snake, aka satan, that tricked eve in the first place. if he spent enough time on it he surely would have tricked adam. that's like the stupidest argument ever that women are the beginning of all men's troubles.
You do realize that, assuming that what genesis says is true, its still just a metaphor, right?

As for its relation to berserk...in my opinion berserk is as much about philosophy (and theology) as it is about action, so the issue does relate to berserk.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

yeah, i don't believe it's true, that was more of a rant on people like evangilists and creationists. and c'mon, most of the wesern world believed that as true for a couple thousand years.
madonnalal
notanewb

Post by madonnalal »

The elf king is a big bust. He is a even more extremely hooky character than Puck and can't do anything about Caska. Gutts ends up just killing Caska so she doesn't have to be insane anymore. His demon son comes and kills him. The End.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

madonnalal wrote:The elf king is a big bust. He is a even more extremely hooky character than Puck and can't do anything about Caska. Gutts ends up just killing Caska so she doesn't have to be insane anymore. His demon son comes and kills him. The End.
I can rest in peace now, knowing how Berserk ends.
turkey
Found the Edit button

Post by turkey »

i personally think Miura will have Caska die sometime on that island, which will act as a trigger sinking him into a deeper state of 'berserk' (as i will call it, the relationship with the demon dog). I dont think caska will have her memories restored to her either. Either that, or she can't have her memories restored and he decidese to leave her on elf island. one of the two.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

turkey wrote:i personally think Miura will have Caska die sometime on that island, which will act as a trigger sinking him into a deeper state of 'berserk' (as i will call it, the relationship with the demon dog). I dont think caska will have her memories restored to her either. Either that, or she can't have her memories restored and he decidese to leave her on elf island. one of the two.
I don't think Guts can handle losing Caska, him jumping into the water to save her is him jumping into the water to save his sanity. He's already hit rock bottom, there's no deeper state to go to.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
turkey
Found the Edit button

Post by turkey »

War Machine wrote:
turkey wrote:I don't think Guts can handle losing Caska, him jumping into the water to save her is him jumping into the water to save his sanity. He's already hit rock bottom, there's no deeper state to go to.
I wouldn't know about that, I do think he is going to undergo further 'transfiguration' complements of the 'demon dog'.
I honestly don't see how Caska is going to play a part in the story. I'm thinking Guts is kinda struggling as to whether or not he should just abandon her. If her memory is restored, he might consider just living the rest of his life with her, but i know that is not how the story is going to end. I can't say what Miura will do with it, I think it is likely that Guts is heading down a path where he is going to become more and more demonic, like the SK. I think that is what miura intends. That being said, I think he is going to lose Caska, reason being, she is going to fade out of importance and it is better to make her to go otu with a bang. I think she will be killed off
Born_Loser
notanewb

Post by Born_Loser »

I don't think they are going to kill her. I think.... Caska is going to have sort of sanity returned to her, and she's going to toss Gutz out of her life. She'll do it in a way that he simply has no choice but to leave. Probably a "Why did you kill my baby!" type thing.

The reason I say this... is it's the words the Skull Knight said, "What you want may not be what she wants."
turkey
Found the Edit button

Post by turkey »

Born_Loser wrote:I don't think they are going to kill her. I think.... Caska is going to have sort of sanity returned to her, and she's going to toss Gutz out of her life. She'll do it in a way that he simply has no choice but to leave. Probably a "Why did you kill my baby!" type thing.

The reason I say this... is it's the words the Skull Knight said, "What you want may not be what she wants."
while i kinda would like to see caskas memories returned to her, I t hink it would be a little lame if it happened. Loss is imo one of the more profound themes of Berserk. One of my favorite quotes from was by Guts, saying something like, "Why is it I realize I have what I was looking for, when I've already lost it?" Guts said himself how hard it is to fight the demons while trying to safeguard Caska, and .l.. basically, it would be a much more profound moment of guts' character upon the realization that he can't bring her back and that maybe even his destiny lies elsewhere. I think it would be lame if her memories were restored to her because it kinda undermines everything since she lost her memories.
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

Born_Loser wrote:I don't think they are going to kill her. I think.... Caska is going to have sort of sanity returned to her, and she's going to toss Gutz out of her life. She'll do it in a way that he simply has no choice but to leave. Probably a "Why did you kill my baby!" type thing.

I always thought that the "What you want may not be what she wants" quote was referring to restoring her memories at all. Maybe she doesn't want her memories restored. There's a reason she lost them in the first place--they were too painful for her to bear. Besides, she's happy now. Ignorance is bliss.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

And knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Personally, I think bliss is overrated.

P.S: Sorry, I couldn't let that one pass. :lol:
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Born_Loser
notanewb

Post by Born_Loser »

Suppose she regains her memories, and then looses her mind ? The memory loss is a defense mechanism to cope with mind-shattering events. How much more painful would that be ?
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I think the point is that the elf king will be able to help her deal with it in some way. But man, that was disturbing with the baby thing. I wonder if she can get pregnant again ....

And she will! And it won't be Guts'
Last edited by The Herald on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.