Manga characters that you like most

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

I'll stay with D, he's also a son of Dracula(is Alucard one in Hellsing? I don't know), maybe they are brothers. ;)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

Necromancer wrote:I'll stay with D, he's also a son of Dracula(is Alucard one in Hellsing? I don't know), maybe they are brothers. ;)
* SPOILER *

Alucard is the Dracula himself. Read his name backwards... So he's the daddy :)
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Damn I really have update my favorite list. XD
"Context is for Kings"
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

I can guess a name by looking at your ava... The episode where we'll see her in her human form is near :wink:
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Libaax wrote:Next time you have an av like this one who is a spoiler dont tell me what it is if it hasnt been shown in the anime yet.
oh god u watch the anime only, i think the words "PWNED" should be stamped across ur forehead :lol:

jus kiddin libaax, but the anime got the best OSTs ive herd
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I did read the manga but i wanted bleach to be anime version only for once since most other animes i read the manga version too.

Doz i havent seen your list ;)
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

isse-pisse-päron-pung wrote:But sometimes you just want a character that is totally pointless, that is just ridiciously strong, like Alucard ;]
Bingo!! :wink:

+1
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

RedEyes wrote:
Necromancer wrote:I'll stay with D, he's also a son of Dracula(is Alucard one in Hellsing? I don't know), maybe they are brothers. ;)
* SPOILER *

Alucard is the Dracula himself. Read his name backwards... So he's the daddy :)
I know that Backword-shit. :P I just thought in some stories he was his son.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

I was wondering too, he recently announced what he is.

Altough Alucard is ridicilously powerful and mostly pointless, I like the mistress Integral - slave Alucard thing going on :)
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

What if she dies? Alucard will become more powerfull?
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

I don't know but my guess is no, as she already released the last restraint
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah but if she is gone he will be able to use his max when he wants unlike now he can only use it when there is no choice.

Also not sure that this restraint is the last, he said something about level 01,maybe there is 02,03 etc.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

he used those levels before. so his powers increase when the restraint number decreases, I guess 0 would be the last, but who knows what mangaka is up to :)
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

damn and i still havent read hellsing manga damnit. but the anime was still awesome
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Heh if you thought the anime was awesome then the manga will blow your mind cause its much better than the anime.
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

dos.azn wrote:damn and i still havent read hellsing manga damnit. but the anime was still awesome
There'll be a Hellsing OVA based on manga. Another reason to read the manga

Btw, do any of you still follow Hunter x Hunter manga. I stopped reading bc the drawings and the last arc were terribile. I wonder what happened to my favorite character Killua...
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

You should start reading it again cause the art is good again not at its best but its good as in the first vol almost.

The latest arc isnt so hot and has nothing to do with Killua,Gon etc.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

dos is back!

along with hitsugaya from bleach, theres also gutts from berserk, and killy from blame -_-
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

hitsugaya? is it the guy in your av? I'm not good with names of minor characthers. ;)
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Re: Manga characthers that you like most

Post by The Herald »

Roderick I would have to say is my favorite manga character, but that's Berserk and i guess almost everyone has a fave manga character from that. So, not from Berserk, it would have to be Mizuki from Hana Kimi. She's an idiot but a cute one.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Re:

Post by The Prince »

Libaax wrote:Heh if you thought the anime was awesome then the manga will blow your mind cause its much better than the anime.
I hated the anime. Alucard's character is a cheap bastard. Whenever shit hits the fan, he just turns into that shadow thing and eliminates his enemy like he was taking a piss.

What's the point of the story when the character can pretty much do whatever he wants?
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Re: Re:

Post by Tonbo »

The Prince wrote:
Libaax wrote:Heh if you thought the anime was awesome then the manga will blow your mind cause its much better than the anime.
I hated the anime. Alucard's character is a cheap bastard. Whenever shit hits the fan, he just turns into that shadow thing and eliminates his enemy like he was taking a piss.

What's the point of the story when the character can pretty much do whatever he wants?
I agree. I think that's part of Guts' charm. You can feel his pain and his struggle. So favorite characters...

Alita!!! (Gunnm)
Kiki!!! (Kiki's delivery service)

Puck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(A Midsummer Night's Dream)
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Is this from the actual Midsummer by Shakespeare, or a manga one?
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Judeau, hands down the character I love(d) the most. Besided everone (including me) digs Guts anyway.
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Post by Tonbo »

The Herald wrote:Is this from the actual Midsummer by Shakespeare, or a manga one?
Hahaha, I was just joking about Puck because of Amazing Amanda's amusing thread on how cute Puck is and shouldn't he just die in the most painful way ever. But dang, wouldn't you believe there is a Manga Shakespeare series available on Amazon? And it looks like it's illustrated by a British woman as well.